Delphi 7 Pro and XP Pro x64

I plan to dust off my copy of Delphi 7 Pro and install it again. Since I
last used it I have upgraded to XP Pro x64, can anybody tell me it it will
install on a 64 bit system please?

I know I could put the CD in and try it but I am sitting in bed with the
laptop at the moment :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

Jeff,

Just thought I'd say Howdy  and welcome.

Told you I'd probably see you here someplace.  ;-)

09/03/2008 16:37:09

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Everyone's & Q's Mods]
0
Quentin
9/3/2008 11:38:14 PM
Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I plan to dust off my copy of Delphi 7 Pro and install it again.
> Since I last used it I have upgraded to XP Pro x64, can anybody tell
> me it it will install on a 64 bit system please?

We haven't formally tested such an install, but I don't anticipate
you'll have any issues.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - Embarcadero
On 04/09/2008 in message <10329@forums.codegear.com> Nick Hodges wrote:

>Jeff Gaines wrote:
>
>>I plan to dust off my copy of Delphi 7 Pro and install it again.
>>Since I last used it I have upgraded to XP Pro x64, can anybody tell
>>me it it will install on a 64 bit system please?
>
>We haven't formally tested such an install, but I don't anticipate
>you'll have any issues.

Thanks, Nick :-)

In case anybody else is searching for an answer Delphi 7 installs
perfectly on XP Pro x64.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
0
Jeff
9/4/2008 9:56:05 AM
On 04/09/2008 in message <10256@forums.codegear.com> Quentin Correll wrote:

>Jeff,
>
>Just thought I'd say Howdy  and welcome.
>
>Told you I'd probably see you here someplace.  ;-)

I've got it installed :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it

| I've got it installed :-)

Cool!

09/04/2008 08:50:06

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Everyone's & Q's Mods]
0
Quentin

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Intsllaing Delphi 2007 Pro on Windows XP Pro
Hi, I built my new machine (Quad Core Q8200, 4 GB RAM, Win XP), now I am trying to install Delphi 2007 on this new machine. The installation wizzrd gets to where it makes a call to MSIinstaller and the the Installation bombs with a error that says "Error". The windows event viewer has recorded the error, and is talking about msiinstaller. The XP Pro intallation is updated with al the Service Packs and all udates from the internet. Can someone please advise if they had a similar experience and if so how they solved this error? Regards Marius Please Ignor...

Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7?
Hello Delphi Community, Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? Thank you, Dean Atteberry. Dean Atteberry wrote: > Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? Unlikely - my Delphi 8 Architect Upgrade did not. Eric > {quote:title=Dean Atteberry wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? It did when it was originally released (actually, Delphi 7.1). I don't know if it still does, however. (The only reason we bought Delphi 8 was that we n...

Can I install Delphi XE3 on Windows XP Pro OS ?
Acording to the Delphi XE3 Data Sheet minimum required OS is Windows Vista. Thanks in advance On 07/02/2013 10:53, lior ilan wrote: > Acording to the Delphi XE3 Data Sheet minimum required OS is Windows Vista. > Thanks in advance It has installed on XP SP3 here (to: C:\Delphi-XE3\) but I haven't yet tried to use it. -- Cheers, David Web: http://www.satsignal.eu lior ilan wrote: > Acording to the Delphi XE3 Data Sheet minimum required OS is Windows Vista. > Thanks in advance I do all my IBX development work in an XP SP3 VM machine. I have yet to have i...

Install VS 2012 pro after installing Delphi Prism XE3?
I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro? Not sure, I doubt. But you can simply reinstall Prism - the key is registered with your computer. Worked in 2010 have no idea about 2012. You need Pro for Metro. Mike > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace...

Delphi XE4 Pro FMX not installed
Hi, On WinXP, after upgrading from Delphi XE3 Pro to XE4 Pro, I noticed the standard FireMonkey components were not installed (Checkbox unchecked under Component |Install packages). After running the setup again and tried to Modify or Repair, I get popup dialog with the message "Invalid Serial Number". I followed the steps (without solving the problem) in the article "Getting "Invalid serial number" on XE4 modification" on the web page: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/43089 I also noticed (in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All ...

Registration problems in Delphi 7 Pro
Dear all, I bought some years ago the Delphi 7 Pro. My computer crashed and I install it on my new laptop with no problem. I tried to register the product once again using my account and password (I am still a registered on the database and I was even able to download the 7.1 update) but I got confirmation message of my registration. Thus my product is still unregistered (although the sentence 'not registered' disappeared) and even worse it seems that the installed upgrade to 7.1 is not activated. Thanks in advance for your help. Frederico ...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

Installing IndyTiburon in Delphi 2009 Pro [Edit]
I installed D2009 Pro on a new laptop. I wanted to update Indy and based on the comments in this forum, it looked like I should pull the IndyTiburon zip from http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/. Now that I have the files, I am looking for the steps required to compile the code for D2009. Has anyone seen a doc for this? Edited by: Ivor Flannery on Sep 18, 2009 8:40 PM Ivor, I found this instruction (should work with Delphi2009 as well): All packages are followed by X0 (Where X is your Delphi verison). Example: For Delphi 6, the IndySystem package would be named: IndySystem60.dpk (P...

Migrating profiles from XP Pro to Win 7 Pro Firefox 19.0
I'm trying to migrate firefox profile data from an Win XP to a new computer with Win 7 Pro. I tried to copy the profile data from what was saved on a flash-drive from c:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles To C:\users\me\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles I do the copy With Firefox 19.0 closed. When I open Firefox, none of the desired bookmarks are present. What am I missing? Thanks, Bill Bill Stanton <graeaglebill@gmail.com> wrote in news:tfednblEt9-yirHMnZ2dnUVZ_qmdnZ2d@mozilla.org: >I'm trying to migrate firefox profil...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Web resources about - Delphi 7 Pro and XP Pro x64 - embarcadero.delphi.install