I'm currently still on Delphi 6 for some legacy software, but I'm looking at installing Delphi 2010 on my Windows XP machine.

Are there any known issues with installing D2010 on an XP machine that already has Delphi 6 installed?

(I'm not talking about updating the projects code/controls/etc, just running the IDE's).
0
Mike

> I'm currently still on Delphi 6 for some legacy software, but I'm
> looking at installing Delphi 2010 on my Windows XP machine.
>
> Are there any known issues with installing D2010 on an XP machine that
> already has Delphi 6 installed?
>
> (I'm not talking about updating the projects code/controls/etc, just
> running the IDE's).

Mike, my understanding is that the installation must be in strict version
order, so D2010 after D6 etc., and into different directories.  I have
Delphi 4, 5, 2007 and 2009 on this PC without problems.  I chose not to
associated .PAS, .DPR and .DPROJ files with any particular program,
though.

Cheers,
David
0
David
12/10/2010 2:02:18 PM
> {quote:title=Mike Dixon wrote:}{quote}
> I'm currently still on Delphi 6 for some legacy software, but I'm looking at installing Delphi 2010 on my Windows XP machine.
>
> Are there any known issues with installing D2010 on an XP machine that already has Delphi 6 installed?
>
> (I'm not talking about updating the projects code/controls/etc, just running the IDE's).

I have Delphi 6 and D2009 running on the same Notebook at the same time with NO problem. Should be the same for D2010.

George
0
George

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Installing Delphi 6 on multiple machines
All, Simple question really, I use Delphi 6 Enterprise edition. - Can this be installed on multiple machines as long as I am the only user of these machines? Cheers I > {quote:title=I McKean wrote:}{quote} > All, > > Simple question really, I use Delphi 6 Enterprise edition. - Can this be installed on multiple machines as long as I am the only user of these machines? > > Cheers > I Yes, it should allow that, up to a limit. I think it's around 5 or 6 installations before you have to call them and have them do a reset. I've had to do that once sin...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Calling Delphi 6 DLL from Delphi 2010
We have a Delphi 6 dll that has a PChar passed to it. The dll function then does a search and returns a PCHar. This works good using Delphi 6 to call and recieve the dll result. We have upgraded our calling program to Delphi 2010 and most of the time, the value is passed back just fine. However, we do have times when we get an access violation, when calling the dll. The dll does process the request. Below is the code. Has anyone had a similar issue using an older version Delphi Dll with Delphi 2010? I am sure that Unicode has something to do with it, but not sure how to fix th...

Installing C++ 2010 after Delphi 2010
Hi Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 machine) then a few weeks later install C++ Builder 2010, rather than install Rad Studio. Do you get two separate programs and use a lot of disk space or will they integrate together to be the equivalent to Rad Studio without Delphi Prism (which I do not need). Any information would be helpful. Richard > {quote:title=Richard Carey wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install > Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 mac...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 character codes conversion
I an converting a unit from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010. Everything works except for a couple of character codes, the decimal values are(224 and 227). As far as I can tell when data is loaded from the socket into a buffer, the codes are ok. When they are written to another buffer these 2 codes use the upper case version of the characters(192 and 224). I don' t see it on any other of the codes. I set the code page in the compiler options to 1252, but that did not work. Any other options I can set in Delp hi 2010 to correct this? TIA Jan B wrote: > I an converting a unit from D...

Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010
I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010. I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options. After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon. However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon. I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything. I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it. Help! RG Robert Gutierrez wrote: > I have a...

Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise
Hi, Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-( Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US? (40% off....) I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ? Best regards Nils Unfortunately Embarcadero has changed the upgrading rules since February 1st. You can see it at http://www.embarcadero.com/upgrade...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Install DCC for Delphi 4, 5 and 6 after D2006, XE and XE2 installed
I know that the standard advice is to install Delphi versions in chronological order. I have installed D2006, XE and XE2 in chronological order and they work fine. Now I would like to install just the command line compilers for Delphi 4, 5 and 6. 1. Can you install just DCC and the libraries that go with it or must the entire product (including IDE) be installed? 2. Is there are way to do this that won't mess up the more recent products? I really hope to avoid removing and reinstalling the three already installed products. Thanks! I wound up taking a deep breath and spending about...

Web resources about - Delphi 6 and Delphi 2010 Install same machine - embarcadero.delphi.install

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Google is enabling Android app installs from search results
Google may be simplifying the way Android users install apps on their devices. Some users have reportedly been able to install new apps directly ...

How to install iOS 9.3 and get Night Shift on your iPhone without a developer account
... as earth-shattering either, but there's little question that they have users excited. And as has been the case in the past, you can install ...

Atelier 37.2 installs wooden bathroom inside Paris apartment
Paris studio Atelier 37.2 has added a multifaceted wooden volume to an apartment in the French capital to house two shower rooms

Android users will be able to install apps directly from search
... for apps on their respective mobile platforms, the main results appear on top inside their own panels. That makes them easy enough to install, ...