Delphi 32 bit application on 64bit OS

Problem running delphi application developed in 2010 on 64bit windows operating system.
Application crashes suddenly.
Access violations in system.pas related to string functions.
0
sandhya

Please give more information (like : error messages, access violations, etc...)
0
Robert
9/4/2013 9:57:38 AM
> {quote:title=sandhya gondhi wrote:}{quote}
> Problem running delphi application developed in 2010 on 64bit windows operating system.
> Application crashes suddenly.
> Access violations in system.pas related to string functions.

ComSurrogate has stopped working.
<Application> has stopped working.
Access violation at address 0xcf3341f8. But this address not available in mapfile.
Some address shown in access violation exceptions are verified in mapfile. They are all in System.pas

In windows logs: Error in Shell32.dll.
Error in ntdll.dll
0
sandhya
9/4/2013 11:15:04 AM
It seems that you really have to step through your code and debug where the problem is.
There is not enough information ("Error in systems.pas", "Access violation at address" ?)
to give any clue what has happened. Normally your application should work under 64-bits OS,
like almost all 32bits application do. Does this happen on other machines with 64-bit OS also?
Is it really 64-bit OS related? Does it crash always at the same position in your application?
0
Robert

Call 64bit dll's function from 32 bit delphi code on 64 bit OS
Is there any way or trick to call a function in 64 bit DLL from Delphi code? Any hardware manufacturer must compile their device drivers into 64bit code for 64 bit OS. So for example, graphic driver from NVidia is compiled to 64bit code for 64bit OS. Question is how to load 64 bit dll from 32 bit delphi code and call such function? I hope somebody has already dealing with that. Thanks > is how to load 64 bit dll from 32 bit delphi code and call such function? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384249(VS.85).aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2008/10/20/9...

How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS?
How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS? -- Thanks, Nilesh (Delphi Developer) > How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS? > > -- > Thanks, > Nilesh (Delphi Developer) Exactly the same as any other OS! I recommend installing to: C:\Tools\Delphi4 where C:\Tools\ has been created with a security setting of Everyone, Full control. This assumes you are the only user of that PC. This works on my Windows-7/64 system. Be aware that multiple Delphis should be installed in increasing version number, so Delphi 5 after Delphi 4 and so on. ...

Running 64 bit console application from a 32 bit Delphi GUI app?
I want to improve the usability of a 64 bit command line program so it can be handled by fairly inexperienced users. For this I need a normal Delphi program to have data specifiers etc, which in the end results in a command file for the console application. This is no big deal. The problem is the following: ------------------------------ 1) Can I start the 64 bit console app in Windows7X64 using the CreateProcess API like I am used to for 32 bit applications? Or are 64 bit programs different? 2) And if that is possible, can I somehow snatch what it sends to standard out (the co...

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): ...

Is delphi xe4 IDE 32 bit application?
Hi, I am trying to install a BPL compiled with win64 platform into DELPHI XE4 IDE. It is throwing an error "it is not a valid win32 application". is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit application? if so , is it available in WIN64 too? thanks sudheer "Sudheer Bondalapati" wrote in message news:615522@forums.embarcadero.com... > > I am trying to install a BPL compiled with win64 platform into DELPHI XE4 > IDE. It is throwing an error "it is not a valid win32 application". > > is it means that DELPHI XE4 IDE is 32 bit appl...

Can I safely install Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET on top of Delphi 2005 (Win 32)
I have a Delphi 2005 Win32 installation. When I originally installed it I had no need for the .NET Framework. Now I would like to learn the .NET framework. Going back to the Delphi 2005 install disk and trying to install the . NET Framework has not been succesful. Can I install the Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET Framework and have it co-exist nicely with my existing Delphi 2005 Win32 system? Thank you. ...

Createing 32 bit Delphi dll for Windows 64 OS
Hello, I develop a java application that uses a dll which is being written in delphi. I use a 32-bit jvm on a 64-bit windows 7 OS. When my java code calls the Delphi code, I get "unsetesfied link error". I have checked the dll dependencies and saw that the dll depends on windows dlls, which are located in C:\Windows\System32. The problem is (I think) that the dlls in that folder are 64-bit, and the jvm expects to recieve 32-bit dlls for the 32-bit application. I know that the windows dlls for 32-bit are located in C:\Windows\SysWow64. Does anyone have a solution for how to...

Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit
Hi, Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app (Delphi 2009) My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and then updates the cells. It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit. Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit so that I can log an appropriate message. -- Bob Small I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able...

Delphi 2006/2007 on OS 2003 32 bit IIS 6 migration to OS2008/2012
Question 1: Delphi 2006/2007 on OS 2003 32 bit IIS 6 migration to OS2008/2012 Windows 64 bit with IIS 7 (or UP) with as-is code base with recompiling of the Delphi 2006/2007 code base required any special instructions. Question 2: What are the configuration settings need to done for IIS7 (or UP) related to Web CGI and ISAPI dll which was existing in IIS 6. Appreciated your response. ...

XML for Delphi XE6 32-bit/64-bit
I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a means to transfer text (could be long and lengthy) information back and forth between applications. I would appreciate any recommendation of such a resource. Or maybe XML is not a good option for my application? Thanking you all in advance. Andy Andy wrote: > I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component > that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a > means to transfer text (co...

Delphi 32 bit
What will happen when Delphi 64 bit arrives? Will further development on Delphi 32 bit simply cease? I remember when Delphi 2 wa released, (way back...) Delphi 1 and 16 bit development died down abruptly. That worries me a wee bit. I am still very much involved in 32 bit development, and as much as I would like to see Delphi 64 materialize, even now I would like Delphi 32 to evolve a bit beyond its current status. On 02.01.2011 21:25, Jennifer-Ashley Kuiper wrote: > What will happen when Delphi 64 bit arrives? Will further development on > Delphi 32 bit simply cease? I reme...

Application error: Converting 16 bit application to 32-bit application
I am migrating my Pb4 application to PB6. After migration i am trying to run my application but it is giving me the application error and my PB gets closed. Error : pb60.exe Application error The instruction at <memory location> referenced memory at <memory location> The memory could not be read. What could be the reason for the error. Is it due to the changes of 16bit and 32 bit application or something else. I am not able to trace out what is the reason.What is the mehod of migrating PB4 16-bit application to PB6 32-bit application ? please regenerate a...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

Web resources about - Delphi 32 bit application on 64bit OS - embarcadero.delphi.install

Miller accused's bail application adjourned until Friday
One of the two men charged with causing the one-punch death of Brisbane teenager Cole Miller will stay behind bars until at least Friday.

Apple Stores planned for India as application is filed with regulators
... India Times , the company has recently taken a major step in accomplishing that goal. According to the report, Apple has just filed an application ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 17% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Mortgage Applications Increase as Rates Fall in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 9.0 percent ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...

Application Security Lacking in Health, Finance Apps
The survey also revealed 82 percent of app users said they would change providers if a similar provider offered a more secure mobile app.