Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

I have D2007 installed on my laptop (XP sp3 running on dual core Athlon).
Can I install D2010 on this machine without it affecting D2007?  Will D2010
affect D2007 in any way?

Thanks,
Randall Carpenter
0
Randall

> {quote:title=Randall Carpenter wrote:}{quote}
> I have D2007 installed on my laptop (XP sp3 running on dual core Athlon).
> Can I install D2010 on this machine without it affecting D2007?  Will D2010
> affect D2007 in any way?

Won't hurt a thing. I have D7, RAD Studio 2007, RAD Studio 2009, and RAD Studio 2010 all on my desktop system and they coexist fine. Just make sure you always install them in the order they were released, and you should be fine.

Note that if you're using third-party components, you should make copies of them for the separate Delphi versions, or at least compile them once and put the .DCUs in separate folders for each version of Delphi, and point the search and library paths to that DCU folder. DCUs are compiler-version specific, and not having separate versions of them for each compiler version forces them to be re-created each time the other compiler version needs them. It's not a big deal, but does add time to compilation when
working on different Delphi versions that use the same component sources.
0
Ken
12/3/2009 9:19:13 PM
But unistallation of RAD2010 have a problem (at least in initial
release; I don't know how it works after updates): uninstaller erases
CC3280MT.DLL (RAD2007) and CC3290MT.DLL (RAD2009) from
Windows\System32. Workaround: make reserve copies of these files.
--
Alex
0

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010
*Upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010* (as of February 1, 2010) I bought a new computer in December and decided to upgrade from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010. Here are some lessons learned related to the Delphi upgrade, which I hope will make a similar transition easier for others. I still have an insurmountable problem with the speed of the IDE (#13 below). As background, my old system had 3 GB of RAM, 40GB of unused disk, a 3.8 GHz CPU, and ran under Windows XP. My new system has 12 GB of RAM, 770GB of unused disk, a quad core 2.67 GHz CPU, and runs under Win7 Home Edition. ...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 2010 can't upgrade Delphi 2007 projects
If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it. Unfortunately, that leaves Delphi 2010 to give errors about not knowing where to find system and other core units. On the other hand, if I delete all the BDS project files and only leave the .dpr, Delphi 2010 can successfully open and compile my project. However, besides that quirk, I have another problem. I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :) So... Any ideas to what m...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

is there a Delphi 2007

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007 - embarcadero.delphi.install