Delphi 2010 Installation Problem

I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to correct an error I receive at compile time.

[DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)

This error occurs on even a simple project containing one form with no components.

Thanks for any help!!!

John
0
John

I have this exact same problem. Im so frustrated with 2010..

what do I do?

<John Turner> wrote in message news:198672@forums.codegear.com...
>I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to
>correct an error I receive at compile time.
>
> [DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or
> binary equivalents (.dcu)
>

> This error occurs on even a simple project containing one form with no
> components.
>
> Thanks for any help!!!
>
> John
0
Gordon
1/15/2010 9:49:18 PM
"Gordon Hamm" wrote:
>I have this exact same problem. Im so frustrated with 2010..
>
> what do I do?

Gordon,

Check your settings of library paths:

From the menu, open Tools - Options

then select
Environment Options - Environment Variables
verify that you have a variable:
BDS  c:\program files\embarcadero\RAD studio\7.0
there should also be other entries starting with BDS.. like:
BDSCOMMONDIR
BDSPROJECTSDIR
BDSUSERDIR

then select
Environment Options - Delphi Options - Library Win32
verify that you have an entry
$(BDS)\lib
(+ others, separated by semicolons)

then open windows explorer and navigate to
C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\7.0\lib
and verify that you have a file
system.dcu

close the options window

From the menu, open Project - Options

then select
Delphi Compiler
Build configuration - Base
verify that the Search path includes
$(BDS)\lib
(+ others, separated by semicolons)
Change Build configuration to Release and Debug and verify that the
search path is the same.

If any deviations from above, report back and also tell us what
windows version you are running.

Best regards
Tom
0
Tom
1/16/2010 9:05:53 AM
Delphi 2010 same Enviroment..

but Same Error...

I'm window vista and delphi 7 installed..
0
lim
1/19/2010 3:23:25 AM
<lim youngmin> wrote:
> Delphi 2010 same Enviroment..
>
> but Same Error...
>
> I'm window vista and delphi 7 installed..

My example paths were taken from my XP machine and the BDS variable
may of course be different on Vista or other OS:s.
What value does your BDS variable have?
I don't have Vista so I can say what value it should have.

Are the dcu files, and specifically in this case the system.dcu file
in the corresponding $(BDS)\lib directory?

Are you running Delphi as administrator or normal user?

If I understand you correctly you have both D7 and D2010 installed.
Were they installed in order first D7 then D2010 or the other way
around?

Which build configuration are you using, did you try both Release and
Debug?

Regards
Tom
0
Tom
1/19/2010 8:29:04 PM
> {quote:title=Tom Brunberg wrote:}{quote}
> Check your settings of library paths:

Tom, great list.

In addition, make sure that you have an environmental variable set for PLATFORM=ANYCPU. This seems to be an issue for MSBuild, which is now used by the IDE to build projects.
0
Ken
1/20/2010 2:10:53 PM
<Ken White> wrote:
>> {quote:title=Tom Brunberg wrote:}{quote}
>> Check your settings of library paths:
>
> Tom, great list.

Thanks Ken,

> In addition, make sure that you have an environmental variable set
> for PLATFORM=ANYCPU. This seems to be an issue for MSBuild, which is
> now used by the IDE to build projects.

Good point. Now that you said it, I made a quick search and found that
indeed, platform being set to something else than AnyCPU, creates
problems.
For example:
http://support.codegear.com/en/article/37251
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=47446
However, msdn says AnyCPU is default:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zekwfyz4.aspx
Well, ok that's for C#, if it matters.

This needs some further investigation, because:
- I don't have this env. variable (RAD2010, XP sp3)
- Which program actually sets it to something

If you have some further info, please let us know!

Regards
Tom
0
Tom
1/20/2010 3:47:51 PM
> {quote:title=Tom Brunberg wrote:}{quote}
> Good point. Now that you said it, I made a quick search and found that
> indeed, platform being set to something else than AnyCPU, creates
> problems.
> For example:
> http://support.codegear.com/en/article/37251
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=47446

That's probably where I first read it... :-)

> This needs some further investigation, because:
> - I don't have this env. variable (RAD2010, XP sp3)
> - Which program actually sets it to something

I'm not sure if it was set by the RAD Studio (RS) 2009/2010 installation, the Prism installation, or something else. I just know it's set up on both my machines (here, XP SP2 w/Delphi 7, RS 2007, RS 2009, and RS 2010, + Prism) and my laptop (Win7 64, RS 2009 & RS 2010 + Prism). Not sure where it originally came from, though.
0
Ken
1/20/2010 6:24:57 PM
John Turner wrote:

> I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to
> correct an error I receive at compile time.
>
> [DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas'
> or binary equivalents (.dcu)
John,

Did you get to the bottom of this.  It is a problem I have had with
both D2009 & D2010.  Seems I had a D2009 and a RAD2009 icon and if I
launched the RAD one it was fine, but if I did the D2009 one it gave me
the error.  All my paths were correct.

My machine is such a mash up at the moment I can't remember what I had
/ did.  Sorry.

--
JAC
0

Install Delphi 2010 problems !!!!!!
Hi, I did buy one license about Delphi 2010, when I finish to install this product and run Delphi, the program dont start and Open WEB window with the "How To Buy" product. I'm very worry about because I dont know how resolve this problem. Please some people can help me??????? ---------------------------------------------- Buenas, he adquirido una licencia de Delphi Prism y de regalo me dieron una licencia de Delphi 2010 y apartando LO COMPLICADO que ha sido registrar ambos productos, resulta que he podido instalar el Delphi 2010 con el serial que me hicieron llegar E...

Problems with installation of Orpheus in Delphi 2010
I am changing computer and have to reinstall all my 3:rd part Components. I downloaded the newest version of Orpheus408.zip and tired to follow the instructions in the readme408.txt file. However, when I come to point 4 and try to compile O408_r.dpk, I get an error, Can’t load package O408_r140.bpl. How can that be solved? Regards, Bengt Bengt, | However, when I come to point 4 and try to compile O408_r.dpk, I get | an error, Can’t load package O408_r140.bpl. How can that be solved? Have you set the search path? -- Q 09/13/2013 09:36:49 1.19.1.372 [Q'...

Delphi 2010 installation Problem with Win7
I just downloaded the delphi 2010 trial version from embarcadero, I try to install to a new laptop with a fresh windows 7 home prem. installed, I double click the install_RADStudio.exe, and click "install Delphi and/or C++ Builder 2010", the first dialogue shows "The installaware wizard is verifying the contents of the setup package...", after a few secons then the second dialogue shows" The installaware is preparing the install wizard...", and the just disappeared and not continue, nothing happened more, I tried to install with the adminstrator priviliage, and c...

Installing C++ 2010 after Delphi 2010
Hi Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 machine) then a few weeks later install C++ Builder 2010, rather than install Rad Studio. Do you get two separate programs and use a lot of disk space or will they integrate together to be the equivalent to Rad Studio without Delphi Prism (which I do not need). Any information would be helpful. Richard > {quote:title=Richard Carey wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install > Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 mac...

Problem installing help with Delphi/CBuilder 2010 on Windows 7
I am having an issue with the help system with Delphi and CBuilder 2010. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and each time I hit the help icon in the IDE I get the following error message: "The Microsoft Document Explorer is not installed and the help system will not function. Please re-install our documentation." I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do. Does anyone have any clue as to how to resolve this problem? Thanks Tribble Carter wrote: > I am having an issue with the h...

How To install tpmath in delphi 2010
Hello there,,, Does anyone know, how to install delphi lib TpMath in 2010 ...? I was confused when reading the guide in Tpmath.pdf .... That's it and thanks in advance, ... ...

delphi 2009 installation problem
[21C7B652]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} InteropApp.MSBuildRegisterTaskHost (Line 1350, "InteropApp.pas" + 2) + $40 [5000CE7D]{rtl120.bpl } System.@CheckAutoResult (Line 21834, "System.pas" + 6) + $0 [21C7B652]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} InteropApp.MSBuildRegisterTaskHost (Line 1350, "InteropApp.pas" + 2) + $40 [21C78232]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} InteropApp.TInteropHostAppManager.ResolveTempTaskHostStorage (Line 419, "InteropApp.pas" + 5) + $2B [21C777CE]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} InteropApp.TInteropHostAppManager.Create (Line 268, "InteropApp.pas" + 48) + $3...

Install QuickReport in Delphi 2010
Hi, I try install QR 5.04 in Delphi 2010, but when install : This application has failed to start because QR5Run_RAD6.bpl was not found. All .bpl has been generate in ..\Bpl folder I build QR5Run_RAD6 before buils and install QR5Desing_RAD6 Any idea? PTTK Sergio Pottstock wrote: > I try install QR 5.04 in Delphi 2010, but when install : > This application has failed to start because QR5Run_RAD6.bpl was not found. > > All .bpl has been generate in ..\Bpl folder > > I build QR5Run_RAD6 before buils and install QR5Desing_RAD6 Did you use the inst...

Problem installing in delphi 6
Hi, I tried to install firedac x delphi6 (I have a client that still use delphi6), the normal installation fail saying that cannot find the correct path for required vcl package, while trying to install the packages manually after setting thr right say that pakages are in old format and must bee converted, and then say that cannot find the source files in the path. Some suggestion to solve the problem is welcome. Hello Angelo You can use QI3 at: http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/firedac/Installation.html > say that pakages are in old format and must bee convert...

Install Delphi 2010 after XE2
I know this might be a trivial question: - I had XE2 installed in my home pc As my working is using D2010 and I need to install in my home pc as well. Do you think there will be any problem? My home pc: Win 7 (64 bit) Man wrote: > - I had XE2 installed in my home pc > As my working is using D2010 and I need to install in my > home pc as well. Do you think there will be any problem? Although multiple versions can co-exist on the same machine, it is generally best not to install older versions after newer versions. Either 1) uninstall XE2, install 2010, then reins...

Delphi 2010 help not installed?
I've recently installed Delphi 2010, but I cant go to Help. It says the RAD Studio help namespace is not defined... How do I install Help into Delphi 2010 ? thanks Chisolm Wilson wrote: > I've recently installed Delphi 2010, but I cant go to Help. It says > the RAD Studio help namespace is not defined... > > How do I install Help into Delphi 2010 ? if you download the ISO, and have the DVD just run the installer and you will see the second option to install Help. if you install online, go to http://cc.embarcadero.com/myreg and download the help se...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 Installation Problem - embarcadero.delphi.install

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?