Delphi 2009 and Indy

I installed Delphi 2009.
As far as I can see Indy 10 is installed with it.

Now I try to get a program working that I made under Delphi 7.
It uses TIDHashMessageDigest.
Now I cannot use it because of a undeclared identifier.
I added IDGlobal, IDHash, IDHashMessageDigest to the uses list, but no
result.

What went wrong, maybe something with installation?
Please help.
0
Franklin

Franklin Bockstael wrote:

> What went wrong, maybe something with installation?

No, I suspect that it has something to do with Indy.  I'd suggest
asking in one of the technical groups that covers Indy.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - Embarcadero
"Franklin Bockstael" <fbockstael@propane.nl> wrote in message

> I installed Delphi 2009.
> As far as I can see Indy 10 is installed with it.

Yes, it is.

> Now I try to get a program working that I made under
> Delphi 7. It uses TIDHashMessageDigest.

TIdHashMessageDigest is a base class.  Your code should be using a
descendant class( TIdHashMessageDigest2, TIdHashMessageDigest4, or
TIdHashMessageDigest5).  Do not use TIdHashMessageDigest directly, unless
you are trying to write your own hashing algorithm.

> Now I cannot use it because of a undeclared identifier.

What is the exact error message, and what does the offending code look like?

> I added IDGlobal, IDHash, IDHashMessageDigest to the uses list,
> but no result.

TIdHashMessageDigest and its descendants are declared in
IdHashMessageDigest.pas, so they should not be getting reported as unknown.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Indy IdHMACSHA1 different results in Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009
Hello newsgroup A test of the IdHMACSHA1 encryption method shows different results, and I am not sure if there is an error in my code or in the Indy code shipped with Delphi 2009. The Delphi 2007 version works in an application which communicates with Amazon Web Services and so it seems to be the correct one. Any suggestions are very welcome, maybe I just need to download a newer version of Indy? program Test; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} uses IdHMACSHA1, IdCoderMIME, IdGlobal, SysUtils; function Base64Encode(const Input: string): string; begin Result := TIdEncode...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

how to compile and install indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009
hi all. in my delphi 2007 application, indy 10.2.3 works very fine for me. however, when i update delphi to 2009, i found indy 10.2.5, which is the default indy version of delphi 2009, at least the following bugs: 1,TIdMultiPartFormDataStream does not support unicode any more, 2,TidHttp has bugs, 3,TidMessage has changed .. .. all of these have changed my application. so i wonder whether i can compile and install indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009 to revive my application? or can i compile other compatible version which has little change with 10.2.3 in delphi 2009? (i have tried to compi...

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js I'm not an expert here, and to be honest, I'm pretty confused by the whole ...

Installing Delphi 2009...
We currently are using Delphi 5. We are contemplating upgrading to Delphi 2009. I have been asked to evaluate this new version of Delphi. I understand that I can download a 30-day trial. I believe that I should be able to install the trial version on the same computer that currently 'host' Delphi 5 but in a different folder. However, before actually installing Delphi 2009, I would like to confirm that my assumption is correct. Is anybody able to confirm that Delphi 2009 and Delphi 5 may reside on the same computer without interfering with each other? Thank you. John...

Indy and Delphi 2009 ???
Hello All, Please forgive me if this question has been answered and well documented, but I can't seem to locate the info! :) Is anyone using Indy 10 with Delphi 2009? If so, any problems with the unicode change, etc? TIA -- David David Saracini wrote: > Is anyone using Indy 10 with Delphi 2009? Yes > If so, any problems with the unicode change, etc? Just a couple. If you do have a specific question try here: embarcadero.public.delphi.internet.winsock or any Indy group on the atozed server: news.atozedsoftware.com -- Pieter "One o...

Web resources about - Delphi 2009 and Indy - embarcadero.delphi.install