D6 Update 2 causes access violation

So I'm installing Delphi 6 like always on my new computer (actually a blade server 64-bit ) the Delphi install worked fine when I ran it.  The problem started after I installed the service update 2.  Now when I start the IDE I get the following error message.

Can't load package c:\program files (x86)\borland\delphi6\Bin\dclite60.bpl
Access violation at address 002Cf3CB.  Write of address 002CF3CB.
Do you want to attempt to load this package the next time the probject is loaded?

Is this a known problem?
0
Sudhir

> {quote:title=Sudhir Kumar wrote:}{quote}
> So I'm installing Delphi 6 like always on my new computer (actually a blade server 64-bit ) the Delphi install worked fine when I ran it.  The problem started after I installed the service update 2.  Now when I start the IDE I get the following error message.
>
> Can't load package c:\program files (x86)\borland\delphi6\Bin\dclite60.bpl
> Access violation at address 002Cf3CB.  Write of address 002CF3CB.
> Do you want to attempt to load this package the next time the probject is loaded?
>
> Is this a known problem?

If you are not using the Integrated Translation Environment I think you can ignore this and not load the package.

I seem to remember that it is something to do with Datat Execution Protection ( DEP ) in Windows XP SP2 and later - but turning off DEP did not fix it for me.
0
Steve

Access Violation after Update 2 installed
Hello. I have started receiving an access violation after installing Update 2. I have installed update 4 and the problem still persists. The access violation occurs whenever the application's main form loses focus after loading and then deleting a child form. It appears that when the main form loses focus, it attempts to access the last active child form, which is not valid because it deleted when it wa snot longer being used. The accessing of the child form is not taking place in my code. Does anyone kno w of a fix or a workaround for this issue? "Rick Dickerson" wrote in mes...

ShowModal for Android Delphi XE5 Update 2, got access violation
Hello everyone, I've done my iOS app, try to compile to android system. But I found the showmodal doesn't work that way, I understand that, Android does different with iOS, then I wrote a testing app with existing demo source "ScrollableFormDemo" I added a second form in that probject called TForm1 and A Button in the main form. procedure TFormMain.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin Form1 := TForm1.Create(nil); Form1.ShowModal( procedure(ModalResult: TModalResult) begin // if OK was pressed and an item is selected, pick it Form1.Disp...

InplaceMemo causes access violation in Delphi 2010
Hi there, the following problem occured with D2010 (the same code in D2007 is still in use an working well): in a component I use a TForm with a TMemo as an inplace editor. Everytime I try access propertys of the Memo I'll get an access violation Here's the code FMemoPopup:= TFInplaceMemo.Create(self); FMemoPopup.Parent:=nil; FMemoPopup.Visible:= false; //FMemoPopup.Memo1.Align:= alClient; //FMemoPopup.Memo1.OnKeyUp:= Memo_KeyUp; //FMemoPopup.Memo1.OnDblClick:= Memo_DblClick; Every of the 3 lines that are now commented cause the violation when uncommented. The TFIn...

Delphi 2009 broken after installing Update 2
I let the automatic Update 2 for Delphi 2009 run and after it compleated I can no longer compile any Win32 application When I try I get the error Class not registered, ClassID: {410C0C78-0AFB-4FEC-9530-B41D86B0792d}, with details giving me [5005EB1C]{rtl120.bpl } ComObj.OleError (Line 1270, "ComObj.pas" + 1) + $11 [5005EB2B]{rtl120.bpl } ComObj.OleCheck (Line 1277, "ComObj.pas" + 0) + $7 [5005EE4C]{rtl120.bpl } ComObj.CreateComObject (Line 1365, "ComObj.pas" + 2) + $1A [21D44C16]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} Borland_Studio_Interop_TLB.CoMSBuildProjectInte...

Adware tried to install the instant I installed the FF 2.0.0.2 update
Name: Dylan McBride Email: vituloratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Adware tried to install the instant I installed the FF 2.0.0.2 update Comments: Can someone explain to me why the very instant I installed the update for Firefox browser, to version 2.0.0.2 Webroot Spy Sweeper popped open showing it prevented an Adware from 180 Assistant/Zango? I am NOT impressed. I hope you are not using ADWARE in your browser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

10.0.2 installed, still asks to install 10.0.2 update
I installed the 10.0.2 update about ten days ago and it is verified on the About page. However, I get numerous daily reminders to install the 10.0.2 update. So I checked "never check for updates" but that apparently isn't working either because I'm getting all of the reminders. So what's my only option: uninstall and then reinstall? I'm a bit leery of doing that: everything else seems to be functioning properly. However, when I previously installed the 10.0.1 update, numerous things were broken on my Win7 system and I had to revert to a restore poi...

Inplace Edit causes access violation in Delphi 2010
Hi there, the following problem occured with D2010 (the same code in D2007 is still in use an working well): in a component I use a TForm with a TMemo as an inplace editor. Everytime I try access propertys of the Memo I'll get an access violation Here's the code FMemoPopup:= TFInplaceMemo.Create(self); FMemoPopup.Parent:=nil; FMemoPopup.Visible:= false; //FMemoPopup.Memo1.Align:= alClient; //FMemoPopup.Memo1.OnKeyUp:= Memo_KeyUp; //FMemoPopup.Memo1.OnDblClick:= Memo_DblClick; Every of the 3 lines that are now commented cause the violation when uncommented....

install 11.9.2 exception access violation
I can see there is an old entry about this problem. "-INS0432_MP.EXE" "Exception access violation (0xc0000005),Address: 0x6e65696c" I have a win2K /fp4 platform and trying to install sybase 11.9.2 and getting the same problem. In other forums I could see many people complaining about this with installation of other prodcuts. Any idea this can be Thanks for all help/info Regards, Guy Przytula ...

Install Update 2 for delphi 2006 on windows 7
Hallo I changed the computer and I have reinstalled the delphi 2006 development studio. Now I woud like apply the last update, Update 2 but I have a problem. The bds2006_en_pro_upd2.exe report the followed error: Sutup Cannot continue. This is Update 2 setup for Borland Development studio 2006 professional edition. Please cancel this and install Edition of Upadte 2. I used this patch on windows xp on the same version of delphi and works fine. I think that the problem is compatibility of windows 7 x64,is there someone that know the solution for apply the update on W7? Th...

Use of TBCDField in Aggregate causes access violation in Delphi XE7
I have just converted my application from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE7. To get the application to compile clean was surprisingly easy. However, I am now getting access violations in a number of areas. I have narrowed down the problem to the use of a TBCDField in a aggregate of a ClientDataset. The back end of my application is SQL Server 2008 R2. There are a number of fields in the database with a datatype of 'money'. When you bring in a SQL Server DataType of Money into a dataset (query or clientdataset) Delphi assigns the field a datatype of TBCDField. When I use a field with a ...

Use of TBCDField in Aggregate causes access violation in Delphi XE7
I have just converted my application from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE7. To get the application to compile clean was surprisingly easy. However, I am now getting access violations in a number of areas. I have narrowed down the problem to the use of a TBCDField in a aggregate of a ClientDataset. The back end of my application is SQL Server 2008 R2. There are a number of fields in the database with a datatype of 'money'. When you bring in a SQL Server DataType of Money into a dataset (query or clientdataset) Delphi assigns the field a datatype of TBCDField. When I use a field with a ...

Installed Delphi 2010 update 4, but About box shows update 1. Did I update? [Edit]
I ran the Delphi 2010 Update 4 from the start menu's Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates. It seemed to go fine. Afterward, my copy of Delphi 2010 is still showing it has Update 1 in the About window. I tried rebooting, but it still shows Update 1. I'm running Windows Vista, with a Standard User account. How can I tell if the update really occurred? When I go to Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates now, it doesn't show Update 4 as an option any more. Edited by: Chris Irwin on Dec 15, 2009 9:00 AM > {quote:title=Chris Irwin wrote:}{quot...

Adobe Reader update 11.0.7 causes access violation error
The latest Adobe Reader update, 11.0.7, has caused issues with the AcroPDF library DLL that Delphi uses. It's causing an access violation error. Does anyone know if there are any fixes coming soon or if Adobe has been made aware? It caused our company to have to revert back to Adobe 10. > {quote:title=Kimberly Holcombe wrote:}{quote} > The latest Adobe Reader update, 11.0.7, has caused issues with the AcroPDF library DLL that Delphi uses. It's causing an access violation error. Does anyone know if there are any fixes coming soon or if Adobe has been made aware? It caused our c...

Delphi XE Access violation in module 'dbxfb.dll' #2
Hi to all. I'm forced to migrate a Delphi 2007 application to Delphi XE using DbExpress and the dbxfb.dll driver. I had to make a trick for loading Blob fields into a TRichEdit. I got enforced to write this code: {code} procedure TForm1.LoadMemo(id: Integer); var I: Integer; strText: AnsiString; myStream: TMemoryStream; begin SQLQuery1.Close; SQLQuery1.Sql.Text := 'SELECT id, txt_field FROM my_table WHERE id = ' + IntToStr(id); SQLQuery1.Open; strText := SQLQuery1.FieldByName('txt_field').AsString; myStream := TMemoryStream...

Web resources about - D6 Update 2 causes access violation - embarcadero.delphi.install

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation (CP standing for Charge Parity ) is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry (or Charge conjugation Parity ...

Microsoft Attacks Google for Privacy violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore MichalSpocko's photos on Flickr. MichalSpocko has uploaded 24 photos to Flickr.

Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez Denounces Civil Rights Violations in Puerto Rico - YouTube
February 16, 2011 - Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (IL-4) spoke out against the Puerto Rican government's campaign to silence student protestors and ...

Gul defies Erdogan’s Twitter ban and calls move ‘violation of rights’
The content of Abdullah Gul’s message – and the way it was delivered – is a message to Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s religiously conservative government, ...

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

William sees red over second paparazzi violation
William sees red over second paparazzi violation

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

'Violation and betrayal': Low pay offer hurt ADF's fighting edge, say ADFA academics
Miserly pay approach potential threat to 'operational success', academics argue.

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.