D2009 trial VCL sources + indy sources missing..?

Is it correct that the VCL sources and Indy sources are not installed
with the d2009 trial?
0
Marius

VCL sources have not been installed with previous trials, so it
reasonable to expect this to continue.

Marius . wrote:
> Is it correct that the VCL sources and Indy sources are not installed
> with the d2009 trial?
0
quinn
9/11/2008 2:47:01 PM
quinn wildman wrote:

> VCL sources have not been installed with previous trials, so it
> reasonable to expect this to continue.
>
> Marius . wrote:
> > Is it correct that the VCL sources and Indy sources are not
> > installed with the d2009 trial?

Thanks Quin, i was afraid of this answer.

Funy thing is, in order to test delphi2009 we need to upgrade our third
party components, and to accomplish that we need the vcl sources (for
instance i have to find out changes in the protected part of the
TDataset, you can forget finding that in the crappy help file!).
0
Marius
9/11/2008 7:56:45 PM
"Marius ." <sorry@nospam.trash> wrote in message

> Funy thing is, in order to test delphi2009 we need to upgrade our
> third party components, and to accomplish that we need the vcl
> sources (for instance i have to find out changes in the protected
> part of the TDataset, you can forget finding that in the crappy
> help file!).

You don't need the VCL source code just to recompile and install third-party
components.  If you are talking about updating the source code of the
third-party components in order to take advantage of new D2009 features,
then you have to purchase D2009 in order to get the VCL source code.  Or
just wait for the third-parties to update their own components.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> > Funy thing is, in order to test delphi2009 we need to upgrade our
> > third party components, and to accomplish that we need the vcl
> > sources (for instance i have to find out changes in the protected
> > part of the TDataset, you can forget finding that in the crappy
> > help file!).
>
> You don't need the VCL source code just to recompile and install
> third-party components.  If you are talking about updating the source
> code of the third-party components in order to take advantage of new
> D2009 features, then you have to purchase D2009 in order to get the
> VCL source code.  Or just wait for the third-parties to update their
> own components.

LOL, what kind of a trial would this be? In order to update our *own*
packages we need it and the help is really not enough for that.

Marius

Delphi 2009
Hi All Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does the Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source? And also .. does the Professional product version have the source? Many thanks in advance -- Ed. "Ed Weatherup" > Hi All > > Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does the > Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source? > Hi, No. Trial versions come without source code. Ed Weatherup wrote: > Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does > the Delphi 2009 really have ...

The project appears to be under source control, but the associated source control plug-in is not installed on this computer. Source control will be disabled for this project.
Hi EveryoneNot sure if this is the right forum to post this on but here goes anyway.I have a project built in VS2003. I would like to open this with VS2008.  It was created by another company and we have been asked to modify the project. When I open the project it comes up with a message "The source control provider associated with this solution could not be found. The projects will be treated as not under source control.This makes a large amount of the project unavailable. How do I stop this and view the whole project?  Rob"Man is the best computer…and the only one that ...

Source install missing .webinfo
This could confuse someone who didn't know what happened. For anyone who's run into this, when you try to open the project with Visual Studio you'll get an error saying: The project you are trying to open is a Web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path. To fix this create a text file in the project folder and name it: nGallery.csproj.webinfo For the default install put this in the file: <VisualStudioUNCWeb> <Web URLPath = "http://localhost/nGallery/nGallery.csproj"/> </VisualStudioUNCWeb> Otherwise, alter the URLPath...

Installed the DotNetNuke3.1 without source... now want source
1) If I installed the DotNetNuke 3.1 without source, but now want to install with source... what do I need to do?  Do I just copy all the new files over??2) If something gets screwed up and I want to uninstall DotNetNuke 3.1... how do I do this??  Is there an uninstall routine that I am missing?Thanks 1.) You should be able to just copy over the files (except for web.config) and all should be good but no guarantees (I've never tried it)2.) Uninstall is old school. Just delete all the files and the database. Then start from scratch.GMSS DNN So if I simply delete the database and...

Missing OES2 installation sources (for updates)
I have a new server installed here, and it's registered with both the SLES and OES2 registration codes, and it all looks correct. BUT, it doesn't have the update sources from nu.novell.com in the installation source list. I've tried using the customer center application, but that didn't add them correctly. I've tried adding them manually, copying the info from another server, but as I don't have the password for the update sources, it doesn't go well (got a strange result when I tried to use the contant of /etc/zmd/secret. Any idea on what went wrong d...

YaST 2 Installation Source Missing
When I go into YaST2 Installation Source section it doesn't show any installation source. It use to have the DVD listed. When I try to exit out of the Installation Source section YaST2 just hangs and I can't get it to exit out. How can I add back in the installation source if I am unable to get the Installation Source section of yast to work properly? -- alanatdsi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I believe I found the problem as to why it locks up. It appears that an installation source was trying to be added but it d...

Missing depdencies when installing source rpms
Hello, I'm trying to build a source rpm, but the depdencies are are missing. Am I missing some repository or something? Code: -------------------- # zypper si --build-deps-only ruby Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'. Reading installed packages... Loading repository data... Resolving package dependencies... 7 Problems: Problem: nothing provides requested xorg-x11-devel Problem: nothing provides requested fdupes Problem: nothing provides requested tk-devel Problem: nothing provides requested libjpeg-devel Problem: nothing provides reque...

VCL source missing in XE2 Pro
Just started converting our apps from D7 to XE2 and noticed that there are not sources. C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\source\rtl just has a smattering of files and osx and posix folders that are also basically empty. This is a registered pro version with update 4. Any ideas on why the installer did no include sources and how to get them installed? Thanks, --Greg Greg wrote: > Just started converting our apps from D7 to XE2 and noticed that there > are not sources. Did you select the "Source Files" option when you installed the IDE? -- Re...

How do you install the install the kernel source?
In OES linux, how do you install the kernel source and what's the recommend source cd - that is, oes sp2 or the original disks. Thank you. * zavi@hotmail.com wrote, On 01/19/2007 06:21 PM: > In OES linux, how do you install the kernel source and what's the recommend > source cd - that is, oes sp2 or the original disks. Just go into Yast, Software Management and install the kernel sources. It will ask you for the right CD. Then do an update through rug or Red Carpet to have the sources updated, i.e. match the version of your running kernel. Uwe -- Novell Support...

XE5 does not install source rtl, and vcl files (and so on)
Hello, I have tried twice and onto different PC, XE3 was installing a lot of .PAS files Inside this folder and subfolder (for rtl, vcl, .... ) C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\source\ with XE5 C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\source is almost empty and no VCL/RTL source files are present (like winapi.windows.pas) ... this is very annoying ... I tried to find another place where it could be, but I did not success... Thanks CAVADORE Cyril wrote: > Hello, > > I have tried twice and onto different PC, XE3 was installing a lot of .PAS fi...

Installing a VCL after compiling the 3rd party source
I am about to pull out the little hair that I still have. I have tried to install a third party VCL, for which I purchased the source. It compiled just fine and also installed just fine. When I attempted to test it, by executing a sample program, I received the following error message: [DCC Fatal Error] Unit3.pas(7): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'ElastFrm.pas', which I do not understand because when I built the "New Package" option and then entered the ElastFrm.pas into the "contains" box, followed by entering the registration pas file, it compiled and...

Delphi XE Studio
Hi, Last week I installed Embarcadero RAD Studio XE Architect - 30 day trial version, but I was unable to debug or fix problems in the normal way because this version does not include the sources. So I then uninstalled this version, before buying Delphi XE Starter and installing this version. But the Delphi source files still appear to be missing? C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\Source Also, when I hover over the units in the uses clause with the control key pressed I would expect editor to load that unit, but that does happen? Rob Robert Bruce wrote: &g...

Dazuko 3 install
SuSE Linux 11.2 and Dazuko 3 installation problem. Trying to install Dazuko to get Avira Anti Virus software installed. devilsbackbone:/home/akwe-xavante/Download/Dazuko/dazuko-3.0.0-birthday # ./configure checking host system type... Linux checking for make utility... ok (make) checking for C compiler... ok (cc) kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.31.5-0.1-desktop/source... no kernel build source in /lib/modules/2.6.31.5-0.1-desktop/build... no kernel build source in /usr/src/linux... no kernel source in /usr/src/linux... no error: no kernel source files found devilsbackbone:/...

Installing a single source Delphi component into an existing Package
Can someone tell me how to do this in D2007? In D7, there is an option in Component called Install Component, but that doesn't exist in D2007. Thanks in advance, Alan > {quote:title=Alan Sawyer wrote:}{quote} > Can someone tell me how to do this in D2007? > > In D7, there is an option in Component called Install Component, but that doesn't exist in D2007. Pesky annoyance, isn't it? Can someone with Delphi 2009 installed tell me whether it's finally added back in? Anyway, Steve Trefethen wrote a blog with step-by-step instructions here: http://...

Web resources about - D2009 trial VCL sources + indy sources missing..? - embarcadero.delphi.install

Book sources - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page links to catalogs of libraries, booksellers, and other book sources where you will be able to search for the book with ISBN 817099280X ...

Paris attacks: Woman who died in Saint-Denis raid likely not wearing suicide belt - source
... raided by French police on Wednesday now believe Hasna Aitboulahcen, the woman who died there, was not the one wearing a suicide belt, a source ...

Paris attacks: Saint-Denis suicide bomber was male, says police source
Investigators sorting through body parts from a flat raided by French police now believe Hasna Ait Boulahcen was not wearing a suicide belt. ...

Microsoft’s Android emulator coming soon to Mac as it open-sources Visual Studio Code
... to everything they need for building and delaying apps for free, and updates to Visual Studio cloud subscriptions. And the new open-source ...

Visual Studio now supports debugging Linux apps; Code editor now open source
The Visual Studio Code editor, now open source, editing TypeScript on OS X. (credit: Microsoft) NEW YORK—Developers can now debug apps running ...

Pfizer, Allergan nearing deal: Sources
Pfizer and Allergan are in the final stages of discussions to merge, sources told CNBC on Thursday.

This is why LG Watch Urbane 2 LTE is D.O.A., say sources
The LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE rollout has been canceled, due to a mysterious “hardware issue.” It was only just released last week, so ...

Sources: Cisco Systems Marketing And Communications Team Hit Hard In Recent ...
Sources: Cisco Systems Marketing And Communications Team Hit Hard In Recent ... CRN Cisco Systems, in an under-the-radar round of job cuts ...

EXCLUSIVE: Porn Was Found on Josh Duggar's Computer When He Was a Teenager, Source Says
Josh Duggar's porn-watching activities date back to his teenage years, a source close to the family exclusive tells ET.

Charlie Sheen in talks to write tell-all memoir: source
This article originally appeared on PEOPLE.COM. Charlie Sheen, who revealed he is HIV-positive this week, is in talks to pen a memoir, PEOPLE ...