D2007 Install fails with J# runtime could be installed

After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime
0
Sniffi

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:01:00 -0700, Sniffi Kipod wrote:

> After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime

What about one of these?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Amicrosoft.com++j%23+runtime+download

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
> {quote:title=Marc Rohloff wrote:}{quote}
> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:01:00 -0700, Sniffi Kipod wrote:
>
> > After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> > I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime
>
> What about one of these?
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Amicrosoft.com++j%23+runtime+download
>
> --
> Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
> marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

Thanks, but I already tried them, none work.
0
Sniffi
4/16/2009 12:34:52 PM
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 05:34:52 -0700, Sniffi Kipod wrote:

> Thanks, but I already tried them, none work.

What do you mean by don't work?

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
Sniffi Kipod wrote:
> After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime

Which operating system are you using and which locale are you running under?

thanks,
-Tom
0
Tom
4/16/2009 5:42:06 PM
> {quote:title=Marc Rohloff wrote:}{quote}
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 05:34:52 -0700, Sniffi Kipod wrote:
>
> > Thanks, but I already tried them, none work.
>
> What do you mean by don't work?
>
> --
> Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
> marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

I mean I'm still getting the same error
0
Sniffi
4/16/2009 10:05:14 PM
> {quote:title=Tom Avila wrote:}{quote}
> Sniffi Kipod wrote:
> > After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> > I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime
>
> Which operating system are you using and which locale are you running under?
>
> thanks,
> -Tom

I'm using Windows 2008 Server Enterprise, English
0
Sniffi
4/16/2009 10:05:46 PM
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:05:14 -0700, Sniffi Kipod wrote:

> I mean I'm still getting the same error

Have you tried uninstalling J# and then reinstalling it from MS
Download?

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
> {quote:title=Marc Rohloff wrote:}{quote}
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:05:14 -0700, Sniffi Kipod wrote:
>
> > I mean I'm still getting the same error
>
> Have you tried uninstalling J# and then reinstalling it from MS
> Download?
>
> --
> Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
> marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

Yes, tried that too. Is there a way to see a detailed log file for the installation?
0
Sniffi
4/18/2009 5:42:14 PM
> {quote:title=Sniffi Kipod wrote:}{quote}
> After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime

Anyone?
0
Sniffi
4/21/2009 10:18:11 PM
> {quote:title=Sniffi Kipod wrote:}{quote}
> After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime

I have exactly the same problem when installing the Trial version on our Windows 2008 server (english version). I have looked around and noticed that the Framework 3.51 is installed in a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version under C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\ and C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\. The JSharp is installed in the 32-bit invironment under \Framework\VJSharp, but is not present under \Framework64\. When downloading and installing JSharp manually it seems to be installed already. I'm
offered Repairing and Removing options. Can it be that the Delphi 2009 installer is reading info about the presence of JSharp wrong?

/Lasse
0
Lasse
4/21/2009 10:30:49 PM
> {quote:title=Sniffi Kipod wrote:}{quote}
> After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime

I'm guessing the problem isn't gonna go away...?
0
Sniffi
4/30/2009 4:27:10 PM
> {quote:title=Sniffi Kipod wrote:}{quote}
> After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime

Ha! I've found the problem! And a workaround for it!

First, the problem. I've seen this with Maxthon too, some error with the env vars which the maxthon folks said is not their problem.

The Delphi setup tried to find JSharp 2.0 here
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\vjscor.dll
instead of
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\vjscor.dll

I guess this has something to do with %SYSTEMROOT% or get system root api or w/e

Well,
the workaround for this solution was to run this command on a cmd.exe window
mklink C:\Users\%USERNAME%\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET /D

Hope this helps other people!
I'll try to report this to microsoft too (yeah I know its hardly possible lol).
Can you check where does this problem come from?
0
Sniffi
6/29/2009 1:58:45 PM
> {quote:title=Sniffi Kipod wrote:}{quote}
> After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime

As for the CodeGear guys here's a description of how/why this happens.
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6793475

Hope this help, if ANYONE WOULD READ IT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!
0
Sniffi
7/2/2009 2:25:29 AM
> {quote:title=Sniffi Kipod wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Sniffi Kipod wrote:}{quote}
> > After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> > I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime
>

> As for the CodeGear guys here's a description of how/why this happens.
> http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6793475
>
> Hope this help, if ANYONE WOULD READ IT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

I'm trying to install a Delphi XE on Windows 2008 server, using a remote desktop. I have administrator rights, but cannot use the main console.
I encountererd all those problems too, tried the proposed solutions, but still nothing ...
I disinstalled J# and re-installed it, but still nothing.
And also the MKLINK did not work.
Actually, I don't need Java at all. Is there any way to get around this???
0
Philippe
5/11/2011 9:39:42 AM
Philippe Van Coppenolle wrote:
> Actually, I don't need Java at all. Is there any way to get around this???

J# isn't Java. The J# requirement is for a part of the IDE. I believe it
is for modeling, and you cannot remove that.

I find your issue is often tricky to resolve. Are you using terminal
services? Have you tried to manually remove and reinstall J#? This works
for most people.
0
quinn
5/12/2011 5:07:03 PM
> {quote:title=Philippe Van Coppenolle wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Sniffi Kipod wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Sniffi Kipod wrote:}{quote}
> > > After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed.
> > > I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime
> >

> > As for the CodeGear guys here's a description of how/why this happens.
> > http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6793475
> >
> > Hope this help, if ANYONE WOULD READ IT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!
>
> I'm trying to install a Delphi XE on Windows 2008 server, using a remote desktop. I have administrator rights, but cannot use the main console.
> I encountererd all those problems too, tried the proposed solutions, but still nothing ...
> I disinstalled J# and re-installed it, but still nothing.
> And also the MKLINK did not work.
> Actually, I don't need Java at all. Is there any way to get around this???

Installing on Server 2008 via remote desktop with local admin account. Same problem with XE2. Seems to be working after using the "Install application on Terminal Server"  in Control Panel to install it, which also has to do with admin rights I believe.
0
Randy
10/12/2011 8:54:19 PM
RAD Studio XE2 installing on Win Server 2003 SE sp2 32Bit.
Same error as above.

There is no c:\users directory and no mklink command.
I installed Win2003 resource kit and created the directory link.

> linkd C:\Users\Administrator\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET
Link created at: C:\Users\Administrator\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET

However think link did not fix the install.  But thanks to Oscar at the support desk for these instructions which worked very well.  I confirmed there was no requirement to create the linked directory after all, so removed the link with this command

> linkd C:\Users\Administrator\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET /D
The delete operation successed.

The procedure:
Log in as Administrator
Start a CMD window
Switch Server into installation mode that is

>change user /install
User session is ready to install applications.

Install RAD Studio (Installation is now progressing without error)

Switch off installation mode
>change user /execute
User session is ready to execute applications.
0
Paul

To install or not to install?

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

Installation fails while installing package
Hi, I'm installing openSUSE 11.2 on a notebook from DVD + locally mirrored update and kde4 buildservice repositories. This usually worked fine, but this time, the installation always fails at about 89% while installing some package, whose name I can't find out. Its script fails with error 127, the error message blocks access to the log. Is there a way to continue the installation process afterwards, instead of always trying to reinstall and hoping to find out the name of the failing package? Other ideas also appreciated... Thanks in advance, Armin -- joloran...

Error installing D2007 on Win7
I am trying to setup a VM with Delphi 2007 & 2009. The first step - to install 2007 fails just as it is about to start installing the files. It gives me an error box (Retry Download) - downloading of installation data from the web has failed. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet Well - I am connected and can reach FTP and web sites from the VM. The VM is Win 7 Pro. I get options to resume or start from the begining - both fail. Thoughts as to what might be causing this?? Bradley MacDonald brad_AT_timeacct_DOT_com Try installing from media or the ISO...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

GW7 Installation on SLES9
I recently attempted installing GW7 on SLES9 and received an error: "Installation Failed for Unknown Reason <7>: The error occurs right at the point after I have selected a directory for software distribution. The directory is /opt/novell/groupwise/software. I'm running the installation as root and root as rwx rights to the software distributon directory listed above. I issued the command xhost +localhost followed by a separate command ./install to launch the installation. The installation GUI comes up fine. Any way to debug the script or get a more detailed exp...

How to re-install ZCM after a failed install
Hello, I tried to do a new zone install of ZCM, which subsequently failed. Does anyone know what I need to do to be able to re-run the setup.sh file so that the installation program does not try to force an upgrade. Thanks in advance. --Courtnay -- mcgrant ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hello, I will simply set up the server from scratch. Nothing to lose really, as this was a new install. I apologize to those who may have thought I had a solution based on the subject of the post. Thanks. mcgrant;1896924 Wrote:...

zcm install failing with edir installed
Hi, I'm attempting to install ZCM on a server which has edirectory already installed (weird, i know. But it must be done). The file /opt/novell/zenworks/ZENworks_10_Configuration_Management_with_SP1_InstallLog.log shows that there are two fatal errors. The problem is that it can't find the file /opt/novell/zenworks/share/java/bin/java. It obviously can't find this file because it does not exist (java directory doesn't exist under share). Does this mean that somehow one of the java packages is not being installed during installation? Status: ERROR Additional Not...

NSS install failed during OES2 installation
I installed OES2 onto a new system. I selected NSS code to be installed, but did NOT setup any EVMS or NSS It gave me an error about NSS Admin so I guess the questions are: 1) Is there a log file I can look at to see what the error was? 2) Or can I just reinstall NSS code via YaST2? Again, NO EVMS or NSS has even been setup yet. Just /, /boot, and swap on native Linux partition. The other SCSI device is just a blank LUN right now. Thanks! Kittynolegs, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and ...

Zen4 install
Hello Apologies for the long winded explanation. Our environment is a nw5.1 tree with 3 srv's all sp6. We tried to install zfs3 and zfd4 on seperate volumes on 1 server. ZFS installed ok. ZFD installed with a 1168 error unable to write version number to registry. After several more attempts to install inventory on its own and as a full install we had no success.I followed manual for deleting NDS objects and files etc and tried reinstall no success. Tried installing to another server in the tree no sucess. The schema extension reports it has suceeded and the install reports...

D2007 install / uninstall / install problems..
For your information: I had to uninstall delphi 2009 because it crashed repeatedly ~1 minute after startup. So i uninstalled it (and saw the blackfish still installed so i manually delete that). Then i installed d2009 again. Two problems here 1) I installed in another path, however all registry values remained on the old path (and obviously nothing worked) 2) I already registered for a new activation key (because it could not be upgraded, which is stupid). The new install found the old trial registration info. So i uninstalled evertything again, deleted the blackfish and othe...