Components show up in Delphi, but not BCB

I'm tying to use some third-party components in Studio 2007, and they appear to install just fine.

However, they only show up in the Delphi palette and don't show up in the BCB palette.

While using the BCB personality, if I check for the components on the "Component|Install Packages..." dialog:

- the packages in question are in fact listed
- They DO have their check boxes checked
- When I click the "Components" button, the correct components are listed, with correct names and icons.

The components simply won't show up in the BCB palette so I can use them.

Any ideas?
0
Bill

> {quote:title=Bill Rebey wrote:}{quote}
> I'm tying to use some third-party components in Studio 2007, and they appear to install just fine.
>
> However, they only show up in the Delphi palette and don't show up in the BCB palette.
>
> While using the BCB personality, if I check for the components on the "Component|Install Packages..." dialog:
>
> - the packages in question are in fact listed
> - They DO have their check boxes checked
> - When I click the "Components" button, the correct components are listed, with correct names and icons.
>
> The components simply won't show up in the BCB palette so I can use them.
>
> Any ideas?

I presume the third-party components are visual components (show up on the form at runtime)? If so, are you in a place where they could be used when you're looking for them? The component palette is context-sensitive, and only displays pages that are suitable for what you're doing in the IDE. For instance, when you switch from the Design tab to the Code tab, the components on the palette aren't shown, but the various types of new files you can create are; when you're in a datamodule on the Design tab, onl
y non-visual components are displayed.

You might also check the registry (HKCU\Software\Borland\BDS\5.0\DisabledPackages for one place) to see if there's an issue with it. (DisabledPackages is where the packages that failed to load when the IDE was started get put when you choose not to try and load them the next time; they still show up in the Component->Install Packages dialog, but not on the component palette.)

HTH
0
Ken

How to create additional files for installing Delphi component into BCB
Hi, I'm trying to automate the build process for a Delphi component that can be installed into Delphi from version 4 up to RAD Studio 2009. I had a .Bat build file that worked fine, as long as I only want to install the package into the Delphi personality of RAD Studio. Now that I also want to be able to install it into the C++ Builder personality, I'm having problems generating the additional files needed. It's further complicated in that for each version of Delphi I build two sets of binaries - the final binary, and an evaluation binary that uses a conditional define to ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Installing Delphi Component Package
I have component package that is written in Delphi and for C++ Builder XE. The supplier provided install instructions, but it will not install. When I select Build/Install a file called "pasall.tmp" is created in one of the source folders. The IDE then reports this error, and opens the file in the IDE [DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) This is the contents of the *.groupproj file that I am opening. Is there something wrong with it ? Ray. {code}  <Project xmlns="http://sc...

Turbo Delphi and installing components...
I just donwload the free veriosn of Turbo Delphi, and when I try to install my packages (tested with D6), it says I have no licence for that ! DH > {quote:title=David HAROUCHE wrote:}{quote} > I just donwload the free veriosn of Turbo Delphi, and when I try to install > my packages (tested with D6), it says I have no licence for that ! > > DH You can't install custom components into the IDE in the free version of Turbo Delphi. That's one of the major factors that differ it to Turbo Delphi Professional. You can create components dynamically however. &...

Delphi Compatible Installation Component
I am looking for a "delphi compatible" installation component. This means one which I can compile in delphi and create an installation like "setup.exe" or "setup.msi" All systems I see, have their own scripting of use VB scripting or macros. What I need, is one that is completely compilable with in Delphi. Does anyone know of one? Robert wrote: > Does anyone know of one? I have never seen any third-party installation tool that allows you to create install scripts from within Delphi itself. They are always used externally. Creating an i...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Delphi 2007 Component Installation Question
The members of our development group use either Delphi 2006 or Delphi 2007 to develop software. A couple people ended up with 2007 because we could not obtain 2006 anymore at the time. One issue that we're running into is with a component that we have specifically for our development needs. The component compiles fine and installs fine in Delphi 2006. However, with Delphi 2007, the component will compile fine, but when it tries to install, we keep getting the error message that states the following: "Can't load package <folder location>/<componentname>.bpl. Not...

Installing Components Problem Delphi 2009
Hello, I´am trying to install some Thirdy Party Components in Delphi 2009 but I´am having trouble with the location. When I build the Package they go to another folder,my old delphi 2007 folder, and on the one that I choose. I aredy configureted the Path for BPL,DCUs and DCPs but this componentes don´t go follow it.I mean, I can build my old projects fine, but thoose ones no[ o.0 ]. Some information: on the "Target Core Compile:" there is a line who contains: -LE"C:\Delphi2007"(my old folder for delphi) -Le"c:\Delphi2007" -No"C:\Temp&quo...

BDS2006
I am wondering how it works regarding components in BDS2006: I have installed BDS2006 and applied all updates, then started the Delphi personality and installed my component packages. Question: Are these components also valid for the C++ personality or do I have to install them also there? I am not a C++ programmer (only Delphi for me) but I have to be able to build C++ applications created by other developers (sources retrieved from CVS). To do so I have to have a working IDE with all needed components. -- Bo Berglund Developer in Sweden Bo Berglund wrote: > I am wonde...

Trouble installing components on Delphi 2009
Hi, I am using Delphi 2009. Components that I managed to install under XP - JVCL, Zeos and EhLib - don't want to install on my new Windows 7 environment. Is this a common problem? Does it go away with Delphi 2010? (I have downloaded the 30-day trial, but that doesn't do command lines). TIA -- Mark Patterson www.piedsoftware.com > {quote:title=Mark Patterson wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I am using Delphi 2009. Components that I managed to install under XP - JVCL, Zeos and EhLib - don't want to install on my new Windows 7 environment. Is this a common proble...

How to install Delphi component in C++ personality
I have a number of custom components written in Delphi. I can install these for use in the Delphi personality easily enough. How do I install them into the C++ personality? "Stephen Boyd" <steve.boyd@amtelecom.net> wrote in message news:17429@forums.codegear.com... > I have a number of custom components written in Delphi. I > can install these for use in the Delphi personality easily enough. > How do I install them into the C++ personality? Make sure the "Generate all C++ files" option is enabled in the Project Options for the package, an...

Delphi 2007 Help shows many languages except Delphi/Pascal.
Hi, New here. I am looking over the installed Help for Delphi 2007 from both the Help menu and the Start-->Codegear-->RAD studio documentation. I see much search by language capabilities, (C++, C#, jscript, visual basic). I do not see Delphi/Pascal examples. Where is the language help and examples for Delphi/Pascal in Delphi 2007? Is there something I have to install? What am I missing? -- IV ...

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

Installing Delphi components into C++ Builder 2009?
Hi All, I'm trying to install a Delphi package into C++ Builder 2009. I've read the stuff out there that says install into Delphi and get it to create the C++ files, unfortunately I don't have Delphi installed on my development box. When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personality is not available and the project cannot be loaded. Is there any way around this? Thanks Trev Hello, > {quote:title=Trevor Goldsmith wrote:}{quote} > > When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personal...

Delphi 2010 Component Installation
I'm having problems with installing my in-house components to Delphi 2010 - and therefore migrating my existing apps over! I have a component saved as a .pas file, which in turn is saved as a bpl package. This package works fine in Delphi 2007 If I try and Add this package to Delphi 2010 I get an access violation in "rtl140.bpl" Fine so I create a new package in Delphi 2010, save it in a new folder, massage my folder option so that the dcu, src, bpl and dcp files all create on the network share and build. So far so good. Add the package to Delphi. Fine. Except ...

Can I safely install Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET on top of Delphi 2005 (Win 32)
I have a Delphi 2005 Win32 installation. When I originally installed it I had no need for the .NET Framework. Now I would like to learn the .NET framework. Going back to the Delphi 2005 install disk and trying to install the . NET Framework has not been succesful. Can I install the Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET Framework and have it co-exist nicely with my existing Delphi 2005 Win32 system? Thank you. ...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js I'm not an expert here, and to be honest, I'm pretty confused by the whole ...

How do I install Delphi 2007 components into C++Builder 2007?
Hi Folks, I have a Delphi component that installs into Delphi 2007, and it then appears in the tool palette. That's all fine. When I then run C++Builder 2007, I can see that my component package is already installed, and can even uninstall and re-install it, but the component doesn't appear in the tool palette. What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? -- Simon <Simon Armstrong> wrote in message news:5932@forums.codegear.com... > What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? Did you enable the "Generate all...

Web resources about - Components show up in Delphi, but not BCB - embarcadero.delphi.install

DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb
DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb

It’s a new year, and time for the claimed iPhone 7 component photos to begin
Taiwanese site Apple Club has posted what it claims are leaked photos of iPhone 7 components. The photos appear to show the backlight of a new ...

Waterproof components listed for Galaxy S7 on import tracking site
... at least water-resistant – rumors are starting to look increasingly solid. Import tracking site Zauba has revealed several “waterproof” components ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

A fundamental component of the 'Making a Murderer' mystery relies on a single test — here’s what we know ...
The moment viewers think the tide could change in the trial of Steven Avery comes with the discovery of a hole in a tube. Avery, the subject ...

Auto Expo 2016 - The Motor Show & Components, Delhi,India - Business Standard
Get latest Cars, bikes, auto vehicle launches and News on The Motor & Components Show from Auto Expo 2016. Get exclusive updates for car, bike ...

North Korea may have tested components of H-bomb
U.S. officials now believe that North Korea may have tested components of a hydrogen bomb at an underground facility on January 6. CNN's Barbara ...

John Ridley Extends ABC Studios Deal For Three More Years; Film Component Added
John Ridley and his production arm, International Famous Players Radio Picture Corporation, have extended their first-look deal with ABC Studios ...

Salt bases Steinway & Sons showroom on piano components
The design of this piano shop in Tokyo by local architecture studio Salt is intended to reflect the craftsmanship of the instruments on sale ...