Component Installation for All Users

Hi All,

I have been given the task of writing some installation procedures for our organisation for CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 (Delphi).  As part of this we want to be able to have an administrator install RAD Studio and all of the components we use for our development and then hand the PC to the developers who do not have administrator privileges.

What I would like to know is whether I can install the components for all registered users of RAD Studio on the PC or whether each user has to to install them themselves.

PS:  I have almost no experience with Delphi or RAD Studio.

Thanks,
0
Justin

To install or not to install?

Installing additional components post installation
I am trying to install NetStorage on a Netware 6 SP3 server. When I open the GUI, click Install, the list of already installed components comes up but when I click on Add, the box goes away and nothing happens. I have tried to reboot the server but it still will not respond. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is? Thanks. Deanna Deanna, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following op...

internal installer error during User Application install
Hello, I am trying to install UserApplication on a Linux Server. The installation of mySql and Jboss (from the JbossMysql.bin file) is ok. Then I launch the Identity Manager User Application install command (java jar IdmUserApp.jar). I follow the steps, but when at the « Installing » step, I get the following information : « The installation of Identity Manager User Application is finished, but some mirror errors occured during the install. Please see the installation log in /opt/idm Then, the single possibility is to click on the � Done � button and it ends...

Why did you remove xpi install and user agent install?
Why did you remove xpi install and user agent install? I tried to install the user agent uabar it. No tool bar is their. Greg P Rozelle Greg P Rozelle wrote: > Why did you remove xpi install and user agent install? > I tried to install the user agent uabar it. No tool bar is their. Old incompatible extensions cause crash, hang, or other major problems. Also, typically when a new release is out, the extensions *have* to be updated as well. There are problems with it, but I'm not a programmer, so don't ask me ...

Installing Delphi Component Package
I have component package that is written in Delphi and for C++ Builder XE. The supplier provided install instructions, but it will not install. When I select Build/Install a file called "pasall.tmp" is created in one of the source folders. The IDE then reports this error, and opens the file in the IDE [DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) This is the contents of the *.groupproj file that I am opening. Is there something wrong with it ? Ray. {code}  <Project xmlns="http://sc...

Delphi Compatible Installation Component
I am looking for a "delphi compatible" installation component. This means one which I can compile in delphi and create an installation like "setup.exe" or "setup.msi" All systems I see, have their own scripting of use VB scripting or macros. What I need, is one that is completely compilable with in Delphi. Does anyone know of one? Robert wrote: > Does anyone know of one? I have never seen any third-party installation tool that allows you to create install scripts from within Delphi itself. They are always used externally. Creating an i...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Turbo Delphi and installing components...
I just donwload the free veriosn of Turbo Delphi, and when I try to install my packages (tested with D6), it says I have no licence for that ! DH > {quote:title=David HAROUCHE wrote:}{quote} > I just donwload the free veriosn of Turbo Delphi, and when I try to install > my packages (tested with D6), it says I have no licence for that ! > > DH You can't install custom components into the IDE in the free version of Turbo Delphi. That's one of the major factors that differ it to Turbo Delphi Professional. You can create components dynamically however. &...

Cannot install updates: "Installation Aborted by User"
Hey all, I just recently installed openSUSE 12.1 "Asparagus" on my laptop, an ASUS A53E. I should probably also mention that the main drive in this system is an SSD I have to say I really like openSUSE, considering it's the first fedora-based distro I've set my hands on. That being said, I am having problems with updating certain packages.. When I try to use the regular software update through the notification, I get an error on certain packages that simply says "Installation aborted by user". This persists after reboots, after rpm --rebuilddb, try...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

Install VS 2012 pro after installing Delphi Prism XE3?
I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro? Not sure, I doubt. But you can simply reinstall Prism - the key is registered with your computer. Worked in 2010 have no idea about 2012. You need Pro for Metro. Mike > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace...

Web resources about - Component Installation for All Users - embarcadero.delphi.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...