Can I delete folders in Application Data sub directory?

Hi,

I have about 20GB of data in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data.

There are folders with cryptic names like {0DE47792- ....}.
I have 9 such folders with cryptic names.  Looking in the folders reveals help files, etc for Delphi.

Can I delete these folders to make space for Delphi XE6?

Joe
0
Joe

Joe Sansalone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have about 20GB of data in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data.
>
> There are folders with cryptic names like {0DE47792- ....}.
> I have 9 such folders with cryptic names.  Looking in the folders reveals help files, etc for Delphi.
>
> Can I delete these folders to make space for Delphi XE6?
>
> Joe

Those are used by the installer for update/repair operations.  Compressing them
should get more than 1/2 the space back.  You can also move them to a different
disk and just make a symbolic link back to that directory so the installer can
find them if needed.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

Joe

> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Joe Sansalone wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have about 20GB of data in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data.
> >
> > There are folders with cryptic names like {0DE47792- ....}.
> > I have 9 such folders with cryptic names.  Looking in the folders reveals help files, etc for Delphi.
> >
> > Can I delete these folders to make space for Delphi XE6?
> >
> > Joe
>
> Those are used by the installer for update/repair operations.  Compressing them
> should get more than 1/2 the space back.  You can also move them to a different
> disk and just make a symbolic link back to that directory so the installer can
> find them if needed.
>
> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>               (Fish)
0
Joe

How I modify the Defualt Url in DYnamic Data? Can I use Dynamic Data in a SUB FOLDER? Help
I am using Dynamic Data to manage the ADMIN section of my EXISISTING website.   So the site structure is: Root..... Pages.aspx, Default.aspx, more pages\Admin Folder.... Deafult.aspx, more pagea. Here is the Problem, when I visit the Defualt.aspx in Admin folder (WHICH I HAVE REPLACED with Dynamic Data pages) it loads the Deafult.aspx in the ROOT folder.I want to be able to set the Page that loads when the Dynamic Data sample is used. That is, I want to be able change the STARTING PAGE of a DYNAMIC DATA website. For example, say I have a Page in my Admin Folder named, Welcome.aspx...

Ubuntu Install: The local XML file './data/bugzilla-update.xml' cannot be created. Please make sure the web server can write in this directory and that you can access the web. If you are behind a prox
Hello list, I found the fix for this on SELinux via http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/lRMFnx3hwvEaH6nROdxg but I cannot find the way to adapt its findings to my Ubuntu install. /public_html/bugzilla# uname -a Linux hfs 2.6.35.4-rscloud #8 SMP Mon Sep 20 15:54:33 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux drwxrwx--- 7 root www-data 4096 May 22 17:45 data Thanks! -- Ryan ...

Basic Install/virt-install to test out changes, it can be done from the source directory: ./virt-manager To install the software into /usr/local (usually), you can do: python setup.py insta
Basic Install ============= For starters, if you just want to run virt-manager/virt-install to test out changes, it can be done from the source directory: ./virt-manager To install the software into /usr/local (usually), you can do: python setup.py install To build an RPM, you can run: python setup.py rpm setup.py generally has all the build and install commands, for more info see: python setup.py --help-commands python setup.py install --help http://docs.python.org/inst/standard-install.html -- Vink ...

Why does SA10 install to both Application Data and Documents folders?
This is not a complaint, I am trying to understand the Mysteries Of Vista... Why does the standard install of SQL Anywhere 10 on Windows XP put files in both of these locations? C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SQL Anywhere 10 - diagnostics, sasrv.ini C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\SQL Anywhere 10 - samples, demo.db Files in both locations are subject to update by the Windows user; e.g., both sasrv.ini and demo.db are updated. Microsoft docs don't seem to offer much guidance in choosing between them: ===== CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA ...

in my web application folder i can't find the webctrl_client where i can copy the runtime folder to
build it by myself? so stupid a question i have get it work...

Session ending after deleting a directory from temporary folder of the application
 Hello... I'm having a weird problem with my ASP.NET application... When I try to access a value previously stored on the Session after I delete a directory from the temporary  folder of the application I get a null value from it... And if I try to do a Response.Redirect it throws a ThreadAbortException... I already tried to do the Response.Redirect  with the "false" parameter and still I get the exception... BUT The real problem is that I lose all my session vars after deleting a folder... I'm pretty sure that it's because I'm deleting the folder...

How to delete a folder and its sub-folders in the registry?
Hi, How to delete a folder and its sub-folders in the registry through powerscript? I know how to delete key or value in the registry, but no idea about deleting the entire folder in the directory. Your response would be helpful for me. Thanks, Antony ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp "Antony Jayaraj" <antoniesoft@lycos.com> wrote in message news:433a7fff$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi, > How to delete a folder and its sub-folders in the registry through > powerscript? > I know how ...

How can I use the 'bin' directory in a sub-folder?
Hi! I wonder if I can use 'bin' folder of a sub-directory. As you know ASP.NET looks for compliled DLLs in the root 'bin' directory only. How can I make it look for them in a sub-directory? For example, I have the following file structure: Intetpub | | -wwwroot | -bin | -ASP.NET | SomeApplication | -bin So all my files are stored in 'Intetbub/wwwroot/ASP.NET/SomeApplication' but I have to store DLLs in 'Intetpub/wwwroot/bin'. How can I make it look for them in 'Inetpub/wwwroot/ASP.NET/SomeApplication/bin'? Should I correct 'globa...

Can NW4SP9 (Netware SP 9) folder be deleted after install??
We are trying to save space on our system drive, and I noticed that the NW4SP9 folder is huge. It has seven subfolders, and about 10 files underneath it. Is this safe to delete? I still have the exe file to install the service pack again if we need to. dave wrote: > We are trying to save space on our system drive, and I noticed that the > NW4SP9 folder is huge. It has seven subfolders, and about 10 files > underneath it. Is this safe to delete? I still have the exe file to > install the service pack again if we need to. Yes. -- Andy Thompson Novell Sup...

Can I delete the two folders \cgi-bin and \aspnet_client folder under \wwwroot folder?
When I upload files through FTP client, I find there are two folders \cgi-bin and \aspnet_client under \wwwroot folder. I don't know what these two folders are used for. Can I delete the two folders? Many thanks!  SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator cgi-bin can go. It's a generic folder that old skool perl coders used to put their cgi scripts in.  It's of no use to ASP.NET.  aspnet_client on the other hand holds the jscript files for clientside validation - if you are using the validat...

Visual Web Developer Express and Sub Folder Applications (Application within an Application)
How do I set a subfolder to be an application in Visual Web Developer? I cant seem to find the setting. (I can change it in IIS however relative links arent being created properly in Visual Web Developer)Any help is appreciated.Z...

Why can't I place my assemblies in a sub-directory of the bin folder?
I have a web application project in VS 2005. I want to have the following directory structure for the output assemblies of my application.    \---H        |   H.csproj        |   H.csproj.user        |   Service1.asmx        |   Service1.asmx.cs        |   Web.config        |        +---...

Mark sub-folder under installed virtual directory with "write" access during setup.
I have setup a "Web Setup Project". I need to mark one of the sub-folders in the applications root-directory with "Write" access. The users are allowed to specify the Virtual Directory name, therefore I have to grab that also I guess. In addition to setting the write property through IIS, I need to map a user account to the folder and give them "Write" permission, as one does through Explorer by right clicking on the folder and the clicking the "Security" tab. If you know only one of these please show. Thanks,If an answer has been provided t...

Can delete data in External Data Window
I come across a problem when using External Data Window. When I enter data (an integer) in a row, then highlight it and press delete key to delete it, after that, I go on to another row, but when I press tab key or use mouse to click to another row, the data I just deleted reappear again... I have tried to use AcceptText() function in the ItemChanged event, but the problem still exist. Is there any ways to prevent this happens, or any scripts I have missed?? Any help would be appreciated Thank you hwlam hwlam, Please see my response in the DataWindow newsgroup. Please re...

Web resources about - Can I delete folders in Application Data sub directory? - embarcadero.delphi.install

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

Cloud application adoption increases 71 percent in 2015
The adoption of cloud applications is soaring, up by 71 percent in the last year according to the results of a new survey. The latest Cloud ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Apple Patent Application Hints at Waterproof iPhone
The patent application describes special rubber ports over headphone and other openings to protect them from water coming in.