Can Delphi 7 and XE3 co-exist on Win2008 Server

Background:

I have given up trying to hit the moving target of Windows OSs so I just moved my Delphi development to a Windows 2008 Server where I will develop for the Microsoft platform and use HTML5 (IntraWeb + CGDevTools) for all other platforms.  If this works, I'll move all my developers to this platform.

Current situation:

My old dev machines are XP, soon to be abandoned by Microsoft, and to make a long story short, it's much easier if I install D7 on the new Win2008 dev machine rather than update all the components for XE3, retest all the projects to the nth degree...would be very expensive and time consuming.  I want to install both Delphi 7 Enterprise and Delphi XE3 Prof. on the same dev machine.

The plan:

I will install D7 first, at which time I will NOT install:
- Interbase
- Indy

I will then install Indy 10 for D7
I will then install all D7 versions of all the third party components I need for my D7 projects.

Then I'll install XE3 (including it's version of Indy), at which time I will not install:
- Interbase

Can some one please let me know of anything I need to do to avoid conflict between the two Delphi's or Indy, or anything else you can think of that would prevent one install from destroying the other?  Thanks in advance.
0
Kevin

Kevin wrote:

> My old dev machines are XP, soon to be abandoned by Microsoft, and
> to make a long story short, it's much easier if I install D7 on the new
> Win2008 dev machine rather than update all the components for XE3,
> retest all the projects to the nth degree...would be very expensive
> and time consuming.  I want to install both Delphi 7 Enterprise and
> Delphi XE3 Prof. on the same dev machine.

Or you could clone your existing XP machine into a Virtual Machine that runs
on the 2008 machine.  That way, you do not have to re-install D7 at all.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?
Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same computer or will they interfer with each other? I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) when installing 2009? Lorne Anderson wrote: > Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same > computer or will they interfer with each other? > > I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) > when installing 2009? It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first. As for folders, the root folde...

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 2010 and BDS 2006: can they co-exist?
Can I install and use Delphi 2010 and still have BDS 2006 installed and usable? ABUSE, Ltd. User wrote: > Can I install and use Delphi 2010 and still have BDS 2006 installed > and usable? Yes. -- Nick Hodges Delphi Development Manager Embarcadero Technologies ...

How Can I install Delphi 3 on 64bit Windows 7
Is there an installer available for Delphi 3 for 64 bit windows 7? I have a legacy application that I need to be able to support. When I attempted to run the install from the CD, I get a message that the setup.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Contact the publisher for the correct version. I can run it in a virtual PC, but I am trying to avoid this, as it is extremely slow. Upgrading to a newer version of delphi is out of the question- I need the actual version that is running at my customers sites to debug issues. You can try to install it on window...

Can I safely install Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET on top of Delphi 2005 (Win 32)
I have a Delphi 2005 Win32 installation. When I originally installed it I had no need for the .NET Framework. Now I would like to learn the .NET framework. Going back to the Delphi 2005 install disk and trying to install the . NET Framework has not been succesful. Can I install the Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET Framework and have it co-exist nicely with my existing Delphi 2005 Win32 system? Thank you. ...

Delphi XE3 plus CBuilder XE3 demo is still Delphi only
Have Delphi XE3 installed (and registered), tried to install the CBuilder XE3 demo to see if it work as required. The result is that only Delphi was updated and no CBuilder available. Is there a way to test it - I would have upgraded to full RadStudio but doubted the CBuilder 64 bit compiler would be available in time (deadline is almost here and already ported the code to VC++ but don't particularly like it). ...

Web resources about - Can Delphi 7 and XE3 co-exist on Win2008 Server - embarcadero.delphi.install

How can Facebook and search advertising co-exist?
Though many marketers see Facebook and Google as opponents in the advertising world, more companies are finding they actually complement each ...

Co.Exist (@FastCoExist) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Co.Exist @ FastCoExist New ...

Mining, art co-exist through Groote force
AT first, Matthew McKenzie seems detached as a bunch of whitefellas on a mine tour clamber over the sandstone outcrop on his Anindilyakwa-speaking ...

IBM CEO Ginni Rometty: 'Growth And Comfort Don't Co-Exist'
... embrace it, she said on stage Tuesday at Fortune's Most Powerful Women Summit in Laguna Niguel, California. "Growth and comfort don't co-exist. ...

Eris COO: Private and Public Blockchains Need to Co-Exist
Outspoken Eris COO Preston Byrne talks misconceptions about his firm, which is among the more notable to claim the blockchain can exitst without ...

At Interior Dept., Google Apps to co-exist with Outlook, Office for now
Although the U.S. Interior Department plans to replace its on-premise email servers with Google Apps' cloud-based Gmail, the agency will retain ...

Agile vs CMMI: Or can they co-exist?
Is there something intrinsically incompatible between Agile and CMMI that will forever keep this conversation burning? This always heated debate ...

Tim Palen And Nancy Kirkpatrick To Co-Exist As Marketing Chiefs For Lionsgate And Summit Respectively ...
... what would happen to their two veteran marketing chiefs, Tim Palen and Nancy Kirkpatrick. So here’s what’s been decided because the two companies ...

Bungie: 'microtransactions and expansions can co-exist' for Destiny
... themselves; those have been very well received and have sold well also. I think we've already shown that DLC and microtransactions can co-exist ...

Iggy Azalea to Paparazzi: We Have To Find a Way to Co-Exist
Iggy Azalea opened up to ET's Brooke Anderson about her recent run-in with paparazzi backstage at the CBS Radio We Can Survive concert.