BDS2006 and Win7 (and IE6)

I'm trying to install BDS2006 on a Win7 computer.  The install indicates
that IE6 is required, but the computer has IE11 (I believe).

Is there a way around this?

Can BDS2006 be fooled to think IE6 is installed?
Are there other requirements of BDS2006 that will be difficult (or
impossible) to satisfy?

Why am I installing BDS2006?  Well, I'll try to maintain a couple of
programs that use some old component version.  Upgrading to a new set
means changes other places because of a breaking change with later
versions of the component set.
I will not develop web applications, and I will not use .NET.

--
Aage J.
0

Aage wrote:

> Why am I installing BDS2006?  Well, I'll try to maintain a couple of
> programs that use some old component version.  Upgrading to a new
> set means changes other places because of a breaking change with
> later versions of the component set.

This is where virtual machines come in handy.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

BDS2006
I am wondering how it works regarding components in BDS2006: I have installed BDS2006 and applied all updates, then started the Delphi personality and installed my component packages. Question: Are these components also valid for the C++ personality or do I have to install them also there? I am not a C++ programmer (only Delphi for me) but I have to be able to build C++ applications created by other developers (sources retrieved from CVS). To do so I have to have a working IDE with all needed components. -- Bo Berglund Developer in Sweden Bo Berglund wrote: > I am wonde...

Delphi 2010 installation Problem with Win7
I just downloaded the delphi 2010 trial version from embarcadero, I try to install to a new laptop with a fresh windows 7 home prem. installed, I double click the install_RADStudio.exe, and click "install Delphi and/or C++ Builder 2010", the first dialogue shows "The installaware wizard is verifying the contents of the setup package...", after a few secons then the second dialogue shows" The installaware is preparing the install wizard...", and the just disappeared and not continue, nothing happened more, I tried to install with the adminstrator priviliage, and c...

Unable to install Delphi 2010 on Win7 64 bit
I have a brand new computer running Win7 64 bit and need to install Delphi 2010 on it. The installation always fails, something about the db pack not installing. I am running the install for the 4th time and will note the exact messages this time. It takes over an hour each time though. Any thoughts on how to successfully install? Thanks "Lance Olvey" wrote in message news:410902@forums.embarcadero.com... > I have a brand new computer running Win7 64 bit and need to install > Delphi 2010 on it. The installation always fails, something about the > db pack not...

"Validating install" for ages on Delphi 2009 update3 on Win7-RC
I am trying to install Delphi2009 update3/update4 on my Win7 RC test machine and it has been on the "validating install" part of update 3 for about an hour and a bit, and from the little green bar it looks like it's about 35% done. WHAT on earth is this crazy installer doing? W Warren Postma wrote: > WHAT on earth is this crazy installer doing? It might be wondering if you are installing as an Administrator....? -- Nick Hodges RAD Studio R&D Manager - Embarcadero http://blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges > {quote:title=Warren Postma wrote:}{q...

No Delphi installed
I hold a 2010 C++ Builder license [since bcb2004] which is called "Rad Studio"...but apparently I do not have Delphi 2010...can I download it and install it...if so is there a license number that is different from bcb 2010??? charles leggette wrote: >I hold a 2010 C++ Builder license [since bcb2004] Not sure what you mean by "bcb2004". I believe that the latest product in 2004 was CBX, but it is hard to believe that you started with that - it was the first release of the cross-platform IDE that was rebranded as CBuilder 2005 before being dropped by Borl...

Installers and install as admin, run as different user. Win7 ( Vista? )
Hi all, Not sure where to post this. To register an Delphi IDE add-in expert I have to add an entry to HKCU/Software/Codegear/blablabla/Experts/"name"="full-path-to\add-in.dll" If there's no key added there, the add-in won't be loaded by the Delphi IDE. So, my installer adds this entry to HKCU and the same entry to HKLM (which is required by BDS ?) Additionally the installer adds a few other entries to HKCU/Software/ModelMakerTools/blablabla Problem: I have had several reports from Win7 users about the installer failing to do his thing. I think ...

Install VS 2012 pro after installing Delphi Prism XE3?
I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro? Not sure, I doubt. But you can simply reinstall Prism - the key is registered with your computer. Worked in 2010 have no idea about 2012. You need Pro for Metro. Mike > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace...

To install or not to install?

Error installing D2007 on Win7
I am trying to setup a VM with Delphi 2007 & 2009. The first step - to install 2007 fails just as it is about to start installing the files. It gives me an error box (Retry Download) - downloading of installation data from the web has failed. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet Well - I am connected and can reach FTP and web sites from the VM. The VM is Win 7 Pro. I get options to resume or start from the begining - both fail. Thoughts as to what might be causing this?? Bradley MacDonald brad_AT_timeacct_DOT_com Try installing from media or the ISO...

Install DCC for Delphi 4, 5 and 6 after D2006, XE and XE2 installed
I know that the standard advice is to install Delphi versions in chronological order. I have installed D2006, XE and XE2 in chronological order and they work fine. Now I would like to install just the command line compilers for Delphi 4, 5 and 6. 1. Can you install just DCC and the libraries that go with it or must the entire product (including IDE) be installed? 2. Is there are way to do this that won't mess up the more recent products? I really hope to avoid removing and reinstalling the three already installed products. Thanks! I wound up taking a deep breath and spending about...

Web resources about - BDS2006 and Win7 (and IE6) - embarcadero.delphi.install

FastMM - Slow in multithreaded apps on multicore CPUs
There's something wrong with FastMM4's (i.e. the default memory manager of Delphi / C++ Builder starting BDS2006) usability on multicore systems, ...

Craig Stuntz’s Weblog : Site Map
Craig Stuntz’s Weblog F# • Compilers • Programming Languages • Functional Programming • Web Skip to content Home About Site Map Site Map Share ...

User:BDS2006 - Wikimedia Commons
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License ; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...