[DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or bin

can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP
0
Robert

Robert Petersson wrote:
> can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP

Usually this is caused by the library path getting "cleaned up" and the
$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\release getting removed so it is looking for the pas file.

The library path (tools | options | Environment options | Delphi Options |
Library) should look something like

$(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp;$(BDS)\include;d:\Program
Files (x86)\FastReports\LibD17;C:\Program Files
(x86)\Raize\CS5\Lib\RS-XE3\Win32;d:\Program Files (x86)\tmssoftware\TMSFMXGrid
RSXE3;d:\Program Files (x86)\tmssoftware\TMSFMXGrid RSXE3\Win32;d:\Program Files
(x86)\tmssoftware\TMSFMXGrid RSXE3\XlsAdapter;

Do not add the source directories.  All you need to do is add the lib
directories back in.  Note that XE3 still has the bug that
$(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release is indicated as invalid and will be deleted if you
hit the Delete Invalid Paths button.  DO NOT DO THAT.  It is not invalid either
at compile time or even when you bring up that dialog (you selected the platform
in the drop down on the earlier dialog).  Removing those from the library path
results in the error message you see.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
Robert Petersson wrote:
> can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP

One way that usually works to fix this problem is to add -rfoo to the
end of the shortcut that starts your product.
0
quinn
9/24/2012 4:49:54 PM
Thanks for that info Jeff.

I had that very same error today with both XE2 and XE3.  I DELETED THE
INVALID PATHS and from that time on was trying to workout what I had
done wrong.

By chance I was trolling the NG and found this thread.

THANK YOU JEFF

Malcolm Cheyne
Townsville, Australia

On 23/09/2012 10:23 AM, Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
> Robert Petersson wrote:
>> can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP
>
> Usually this is caused by the library path getting "cleaned up" and the
> $(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\release getting removed so it is looking for the pas file.
>
> The library path (tools | options | Environment options | Delphi Options |
> Library) should look something like
>
> $(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp;$(BDS)\include;d:\Program
> Files (x86)\FastReports\LibD17;C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Raize\CS5\Lib\RS-XE3\Win32;d:\Program Files (x86)\tmssoftware\TMSFMXGrid
> RSXE3;d:\Program Files (x86)\tmssoftware\TMSFMXGrid RSXE3\Win32;d:\Program Files
> (x86)\tmssoftware\TMSFMXGrid RSXE3\XlsAdapter;
>
> Do not add the source directories.  All you need to do is add the lib
> directories back in.  Note that XE3 still has the bug that
> $(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release is indicated as invalid and will be deleted if you
> hit the Delete Invalid Paths button.  DO NOT DO THAT.  It is not invalid either
> at compile time or even when you bring up that dialog (you selected the platform
> in the drop down on the earlier dialog).  Removing those from the library path
> results in the error message you see.

0
Malcolm
9/25/2012 7:35:18 AM
> {quote:title=Robert Petersson wrote:}{quote}
> can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP

I succed after maybe 3 install of XE2 update 4 Hotfix
Regaeds
0
Robert

Web resources about - [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or bin - embarcadero.delphi.install