XE5 does not install source rtl, and vcl files (and so on)

Hello,

I have tried twice and onto different PC, XE3 was installing a lot of .PAS files Inside this folder and subfolder (for rtl, vcl, .... )

C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\source\

with XE5

C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\source

is almost empty and no VCL/RTL source files are present  (like winapi.windows.pas) ... this is very annoying ...

I tried to find another place where it could be, but I did not success...

CAVADORE

CAVADORE Cyril wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried twice and onto different PC, XE3 was installing a lot of .PAS files Inside this folder and subfolder (for rtl, vcl, .... )
>
> C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\source\
>
> with XE5
>
> C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\source
>
> is almost empty and no VCL/RTL source files are present  (like winapi.windows.pas) ... this is very annoying ...
>
> I tried to find another place where it could be, but I did not success...
>
> Thanks

No you have the right directory.  Note that Started edition does not come with
source.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

i'm just doing native win32 app using vcl and rtl.
I guess it depends on the serial number or the licence file that is beeing entered during installation ?

PS:
Not to install vcl and rtl source code is quite ridiculous, I do not care about the other features like soap and so on.
I must have noticed that making C/C++/C# native application win32 is free with microsoft visual C++/C#
0
CAVADORE
1/2/2014 2:02:23 AM
CAVADORE Cyril wrote:
> It does not say anything during installation ...
>
> i'm just doing native win32 app using vcl and rtl.
> I guess it depends on the serial number or the licence file that is beeing entered during installation ?

The serial number determines the features available to install yes.  Pro and up
install source by default so you'd have to turn that off by hand.  If you have
Starter, like I said it doesn ot and has never come with source.

> PS:
> Not to install vcl and rtl source code is quite ridiculous, I do not care about the other features like soap and so on.
> I must have noticed that making C/C++/C# native application win32 is free with microsoft visual C++/C#

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
0
Jeff
1/2/2014 3:44:32 AM
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
> Note that Starter edition does not come with
> source.
The trial does not include source either ...
0
quinn
1/2/2014 5:25:56 PM
> > Note that Starter edition does not come with
> > source.

Ok, this is true.
CAVADORE

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! ...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. NOTE: I installed into d:\dev\xe7 Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try th...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. NOTE: I installed into d:\dev\xe7 Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! ...

there are source files but no project file or solution file
I am working on a project, which only provides some .vb, .aspx, and other files. But there is no solution file or project file. How can I instal them in the development environment under .net visual studio 2005?   Thanks   David 1. Open Web Site from VS.NET 2005 to open this folder; 2. File -> Save All after you open the folder. VS.NET will pop up a window to let you save the project. Usually, after you save it, a .sln file will be saved to folder \Visual Studio 2005\Projects\YOURFOLDERNAME\ i f you don't change the folder for saving. Hope it helps."Objec...

Install file for Delphi 2007
Hi, Have purchased and installed Delphi XE5. I would now like to install the latest Non-Unicode Delphi as well, which I believe is Delphi 2007. I have registered and recieved the instal code for D2007, with a download link. I would like to install this (older) Delphi 2007 on my home computer. Yet I have very limited network connectivity at home. Thus I would like to download the full install package on my work computer, to take this installation files/s home. Is this possible? The link provided gives a setup program but I assume this is just a small web installer (Having ...

Install Builder: When installing, there is an INI file for every PBD file
After installing the PB app, I usually do not look at the directory where the app is installed. I just make sure that the app runs. Now today, I looked at the directory, and noticed that there is an INI file for every corresponding PBD file!!! Nonetheless, the app runs without problems. I have experienced this before but cannot seem to remember what I did to fix it. I do not have an INI file for every PBD file in my development environment. The INI files are not readable (except for the real INI file that I created for the EXE to read). The INI files are usually proportional i...

Delphi IDE and .INI files
Hi, I've recently upgraded to Delphi XE and am currently in a process of porting source code from Delphi 7 to XE. One minor irritation that I've run into is that the Delphi XE IDE opens an .ini file that's part of a project as hex. Delphi 7 didn't behave this way -- it simply opened the .ini file as a text file for editing. Is there an option somewhere that I've missed to get Delphi XE to treat .ini files the same way Delphi 7 did? Many thanks, Walter Prins Walter Prins wrote: > Hi, > > I've recently upgraded to Delphi XE and am currently...

delphi 2009 How to install a help file
hi everyone I have tried to incorporate some HXs/HXc files into that new help system, but cannot find a way like most microsoft stuff it defies my intuition (and I am not the ony one) How can you proceed if the mysterious "auto register" failed any way to do it manually l looked at menus, right-click and google so you are the last resort, but I do not get why it should be so convoluted how about menu> file> add> and pick file name Regards Philippe GenHelpPro includes a help file installer for D2005...D2009 Take a look at it and it will change how you create help ...

Alternate Installation Source Config Files
Good Day, I am looking to configure an NFS installation source for a bunch of SLES 10 SP1 servers, but want to configure it through Bash shell scripting and not manually through YaST. Does anybody know these configuration files by chance?? Sean -- SROSeaner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SROSeaner schrieb: > Good Day, > > I am looking to configure an NFS installation source for a bunch of > SLES 10 SP1 servers, but want to configure it through Bash shell > scripting and not manually through YaST. > ...

Delphi xe5
I installed new pc and transferred my application working well in notebook with same OS Compiling project I get this error [dcc32 Fatal Error] GesCom_01_04_prj.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) What is it missing ? Adalberto Baldini Try launching with -r command line switch as shown here: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597 Make sure you do not have a system environment variable named PLATFORM. This is common HP computers. Adalberto Baldini wrote: > I installed new pc and transferred my application working well in...

Installing an old VCL into Delphi XE6
I apologize for asking this, but how do I install a VCL that I have used in Delphi 5, 7, and XE into Delphi XE6? I have copied all of the VCL files (.dcr, .dcu, .pas & Help file) into the folder C:\Users\John\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Win32\Debug However, when I click on the “next” button in the Install Component wizard on the tool bar of XE6 and get to the “Install into Existing Package” screen, and I click the Browse on package name button, I get the message “No items match your search”. Do I have to copy some other file to this location or what do I have to do? I am ...

Web resources about - XE5 does not install source rtl, and vcl files (and so on) - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it
(credit: Lookout) Two weeks ago, Ars reported on newly discovered Android adware that is virtually impossible to uninstall . Now, researchers ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 tried to secretly install itself on old machines
Yes, not too long ago, Microsoft apologized for automatically installing Windows 10 on older Windows 7 or Windows 8 machines. But although Microsoft ...

Don't want to install that smartphone app? With Google, you may not have to
The search giant is experimenting with tech that lets you use apps without downloading them. It's part of Google's plan to keep its crown when ...