Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?

Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ?
0
Lut

Lut Mentz wrote:

> Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ?

Yes.  As far as I know that has always been the case.

--
-Mike (TeamB)
0
Lut Mentz wrote:

> Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ?

Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists
peacefully with all the older ones.

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
> {quote:title=Mike Williams (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Lut Mentz wrote:
>
> > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ?
>
> Yes.  As far as I know that has always been the case.
>
> --
> -Mike (TeamB)

Thank you, Mike.

Do I need to burn a CD of the ISO to do the installation ?
0
Lut
9/19/2011 6:07:57 PM
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Lut Mentz wrote:
>
> > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ?
>
> Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists
> peacefully with all the older ones.
>
> --
> Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
> Gateway Ticketing Systems
> http://www.gatewayticketing.com

Thanks, Nick.

The reason I asked is that I recall a warning that RAD 7 (2010) would not co-exist with RAD 6 (2009). This must have been mistaken.
0
Lut
9/19/2011 6:31:04 PM
Lut Mentz wrote:

> The reason I asked is that I recall a warning that RAD 7 (2010) would
> not co-exist with RAD 6 (2009). This must have been mistaken.

There might have been a minor issue -- I can't remember, but in
general, it is a major requirement that the new version install next to
and play nice with all previous versions.

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
http://www.gatewayticketing.com
0
Nick
9/19/2011 8:06:28 PM
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Lut Mentz wrote:
>
> > The reason I asked is that I recall a warning that RAD 7 (2010) would
> > not co-exist with RAD 6 (2009). This must have been mistaken.
>
> There might have been a minor issue -- I can't remember, but in
> general, it is a major requirement that the new version install next to
> and play nice with all previous versions.
>
> --
> Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
> Gateway Ticketing Systems
> http://www.gatewayticketing.com

I'm glad to hear it.
0
Lut
9/19/2011 9:45:37 PM
Lut Mentz wrote:
> Do I need to burn a CD of the ISO to do the installation ?

No.
0
quinn
9/19/2011 11:22:14 PM
On 9/19/2011 11:31 AM, Lut Mentz wrote:
>> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
>> Lut Mentz wrote:
>>
>>> Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ?
>>
>> Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists
>> peacefully with all the older ones.
>>
>> --
>> Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
>> Gateway Ticketing Systems
>> http://www.gatewayticketing.com
>
> Thanks, Nick.
>
> The reason I asked is that I recall a warning that RAD 7 (2010) would not co-exist with RAD 6 (2009). This must have been mistaken.

There is the problem that if you install each version of RAD or delphi
into the same directory you will have problems. - - note same location.

but not if installed in Different Directories/locations

Jim P
0
Jim
9/20/2011 12:33:34 AM
Jim P wrote:

> but not if installed in Different Directories/locations

Oh, definitely -- should go without saying, but maybe not.  ;-)

Each version should be installed in its own directory.

--
Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager
Gateway Ticketing Systems
http://www.gatewayticketing.com
0
Nick

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing
I recently moved from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 (combined with a new computer). The XML that is now created no longer accepted by the webservice. The specific steps I went through were. 1) Delphi 2009 with old pas file. Worked. 2) Delphi XE2 with old pas file. Didn't work. 3) Delphi XE2 with new pas file imported by Delphi XE2. Didn't work. The new pas file has the following lines, but commenting them out doesn't change the XML. { InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Input', '&...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi XE2 Translation Manager is crippled compared to Delphi 7
Delphi XE2 Translation Manager enables editing only of the properties that were previously saved to the DFM file. That means only properties that were changed from their default values in the original source language form. So if a TLabel Alignment is taLeftJustify I can't edit or even see its value in the translated form grid editor. Delphi 7 Translation Manager enabled editing and viewing of all the properties of a component included in the form. It also enabled editing properties using the Object inspector. Am I missing some definition in Delphi XE2 to enable all properties ...

Web resources about - Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ? - embarcadero.delphi.ide

How can Facebook and search advertising co-exist?
Though many marketers see Facebook and Google as opponents in the advertising world, more companies are finding they actually complement each ...

Co.Exist (@FastCoExist) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Co.Exist @ FastCoExist New ...

Mining, art co-exist through Groote force
AT first, Matthew McKenzie seems detached as a bunch of whitefellas on a mine tour clamber over the sandstone outcrop on his Anindilyakwa-speaking ...

IBM CEO Ginni Rometty: 'Growth And Comfort Don't Co-Exist'
... embrace it, she said on stage Tuesday at Fortune's Most Powerful Women Summit in Laguna Niguel, California. "Growth and comfort don't co-exist. ...

Eris COO: Private and Public Blockchains Need to Co-Exist
Outspoken Eris COO Preston Byrne talks misconceptions about his firm, which is among the more notable to claim the blockchain can exitst without ...

At Interior Dept., Google Apps to co-exist with Outlook, Office for now
Although the U.S. Interior Department plans to replace its on-premise email servers with Google Apps' cloud-based Gmail, the agency will retain ...

Agile vs CMMI: Or can they co-exist?
Is there something intrinsically incompatible between Agile and CMMI that will forever keep this conversation burning? This always heated debate ...

Tim Palen And Nancy Kirkpatrick To Co-Exist As Marketing Chiefs For Lionsgate And Summit Respectively ...
... what would happen to their two veteran marketing chiefs, Tim Palen and Nancy Kirkpatrick. So here’s what’s been decided because the two companies ...

Bungie: 'microtransactions and expansions can co-exist' for Destiny
... themselves; those have been very well received and have sold well also. I think we've already shown that DLC and microtransactions can co-exist ...

Iggy Azalea to Paparazzi: We Have To Find a Way to Co-Exist
Iggy Azalea opened up to ET's Brooke Anderson about her recent run-in with paparazzi backstage at the CBS Radio We Can Survive concert.