When you go over a float variable, how do you change the hint to decimal

In XE7,  when you move the cursor and go over a float variable, how do you force the hint to display in decimal instead of float?
Please advice
0
Jorge

Jorge Uriarte wrote:

> In XE7,  when you move the cursor and go over a float variable, how
> do you force the hint to display in decimal instead of float?  Please
> advice

As far as i'm aware there is no way to configure that.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0

| In XE7,  when you move the cursor and go over a float variable, how
| do you force the hint to display in decimal instead of float?  Please
| advice

I'm currently using XE8.  When I am debugging and place the cursor over
a double variable I see the value in decimal digits.  eg: 1.25

I haven't set anything to get that result.

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-07-23 16:31:29
0

go go go
Name: catalin Product: Minefield Summary: go go go Comments: I like firefox Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2 x64; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061007 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

Missing tooltips/hints in Delphi 2007 IDE and Application
Hi everybody, In Delphi 2007, I am missing toolip hints. When I try to debug it also doesn't show me the tooltips when I hover above variables. At runtime, buttons and other components do not show the hint text. Of course, the hint property is filled and showhint is True. I am having this problem for a while now, so restarting delphi / rebooting system is not the sollution. Does anybody have a suggestion maybe?? Kind regards, Roger Hoen Roger Hoen wrote: > Hi everybody, > > In Delphi 2007, I am missing toolip hints. When I try to debug it > also doe...

How to change line when writing a new thread from withing Delphi IDE.
Hello, Maybe, I missed something but, I cannot make a new line when I type a new post from this forum from inside Delphi 2010. Is there an option somewhere I didn't see? Martin. Martin Pelletier wrote: >Maybe, I missed something but, I cannot make a new line when I type a new >post from this forum from inside Delphi 2010. > Hm, indeed that doesn't work. >Is there an option somewhere I didn't see? No that I know of. It is already reported to QC, see following related report: Report No: 43054 (RAID: 248687) Status: Open Welcome Page...

weird floating window in IDE that won't go away
I have a weird floating window with nothing in it that hangs down from the menubar.  It cannot be moved and I can't make it go away.  Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it? Nope.  Does it survive a reboot?Hope that helps. If it did, please click 'Mark as answered'. I've seen it.  Can't get rid of it.  What add-ins do you have (check Tools | Add-in manager).Richard...

how to restrict type "Double" variable to go upto 2 decimal places only?
hi, i have declared two variables dim a as double = 2.99 dim b as double = 2.999 and a result dim result as double = a + b when i check the output of the result variable.. will be  4.999 but i always want it to be as 4.99 how do i truncate the value to 2 decimal places thanks, regardsX use string.Format.The Killer Ninja Coding Monkeys thank those that mark helpful posts as answers.My Site | My Examples | My Blog You can try Math.Round().. sample code is below..it will truncate the double upto 2 places double a= 2.99; double b= 2.999; double c; c = a+b; double d = Ma...

Third party Delphi component change IDE's font to 'system' typeface [Edit]
Hi I tried to use a third party component http://code.google.com/p/delph-sciter/ after I registered the component and tried to put it onto a form. most part of delphi IDE's font changed to 'system' typeface. I searched over web. looks like some person has the same issue before: http://groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.ide/browse_thread/thread/71849ab73ec37ed2/e4c0cbac0487e919?hl=en&q=delphi+IDE+font&pli=1 Could anyone help this issue? Edited by: John Liuo on Apr 30, 2010 5:45 PM John Liuo wrote: > Hi > I tried to use a third party compo...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Need to format float with no decimals or decimal point.
Is there a format for float that displays only the integer portion?  Or at the least, integer portion and decimal point but no digits to right? Eval("L_DistCalc", "{0:f}") Thank you, What about this: Eval("L_DistCalc", "{0:f0}")Limno Wow - thanks.  Is there a good reference book that has all the format forms, control structures and properties.  Everything I have has a the essentials but nothing in depth.  I know this kind of thing is simple but is sure is a lot to try and remember. Thank you,  You can sear...

sub local variable changes global variable.
Hi all, I am passin a two-dimensional array to a sub and when the sub returns, the original array has changed. Eventually I want to pass the array into a recursive sub, so I want to find a way to circumvent this behaviour. Notice how my global is "@a" and the sub local is "@b" - Why is this happening - How can I properly pass a two dimensional array to a sub, without the array in main changing? Ideas anyone? Here is the minimal script to reproduce my finding: ============= #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; sub try { my @b = @_; ...

Should I save changing of WebForm variables to Session variables?
Global.asax.cs protected void Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) { int a=0; Session["a"]=a; } WebForm1.aspx.cs public class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page { public int a; private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { a=(int)Session["a"]; } private void Button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { a=a+1; //should I save this changing to Sassion["a"] or It saves automaticaly? } } Now, someone may need to double-check this, but the cast to int should make a copy of the variable in method scope, s...

how to change a treeview control contents when global variable is changed
i have built a main window ,and in this window ,i built a treeview control,for some reason,i want to change the global variable,and thus the treeview contents will change (the contents are some records selected from a database,changed the global variables ,the sql where condition is changed also).I have ever tried to use w_main w_main2 to rebuilt it ,but it can not rebuild the treeview control.So how can I get it? Have you deleted all of the TreeViewItems from the control, then specifically called each and every function/event used to populate it? <janehu> wrote i...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010
I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010. I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options. After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon. However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon. I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything. I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it. Help! RG Robert Gutierrez wrote: > I have a...

Web resources about - When you go over a float variable, how do you change the hint to decimal - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been a hard year'
... 41° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been ...