Unable to start Delphi IDE

Hi all,

All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it once before
Upon starting the second time (after closing the first time) I get this error

Cannot create file "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.


The file is definitely not being used by another process.
At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools
0
Gerrit
2/17/2015 1:01:01 AM
embarcadero.delphi.ide 3925 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
1835 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17

> > maybe this will be helpful:
> > http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/44076
> > 
> I had the exact same error in D2007 and I wentto tyhat webpage and
> downloaded the dzEditorLineEndsFix utility. It now sits in my Win7
> Startup folder and I don't think about it anymore.
> No longer any such problems.
> Here a direct link to it:
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/dzeditorlineendsfix/dzEditorLineEndsFix.zip?r=&ts=1424191091&use_mirror=waia

Thanks david and Bo,

Gerrit
0
Gerrit
2/17/2015 1:01:01 AM
Don't know why, with no updates, but...

"Gerrit Beuze" <gerrit@modelmakertools.com> wrote in message 
news:714655@forums.embarcadero.com...
>I found a similar problem described on SO:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25295980/delphi-2006-2010-error-cannot-create-file-c-users-admin-appdata-local-temp-ed
>
> Still don't knwo why it suddenly started to appear, have had no windows 
> updates or any other system changes.
>

maybe this will be helpful:
http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/44076

>> Hi all,
>>
>> All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it 
>> once before
>> Upon starting the second time (after closing the first time) I get this 
>> error
>>
>> Cannot create file 
>> "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The process 
>> cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
>>
>>
>> The file is definitely not being used by another process.
>> At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010.
>>
>> Any idea what may be causing this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Gerrit Beuze
>> ModelMaker Tools
0
david
2/17/2015 1:01:01 AM
I found a similar problem described on SO:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25295980/delphi-2006-2010-error-cannot-create-file-c-users-admin-appdata-local-temp-ed

Still don't knwo why it suddenly started to appear, have had no windows updates or any other system changes.

Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools



> Hi all,
> 
> All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it once before
> Upon starting the second time (after closing the first time) I get this error
> 
> Cannot create file "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
> 
> 
> The file is definitely not being used by another process.
> At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010.
> 
> Any idea what may be causing this?
> 
> Thanks in advance,
> 
> Gerrit Beuze
> ModelMaker Tools
0
Gerrit
2/17/2015 4:20:10 PM
On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 08:22:50 -0800, david hoke
<dhoke.nojunk@east-shore.com> wrote:

>Don't know why, with no updates, but...
>
>"Gerrit Beuze" <gerrit@modelmakertools.com> wrote in message 
>news:714655@forums.embarcadero.com...
>>I found a similar problem described on SO:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25295980/delphi-2006-2010-error-cannot-create-file-c-users-admin-appdata-local-temp-ed
>>
>> Still don't knwo why it suddenly started to appear, have had no windows 
>> updates or any other system changes.
>>
>
>maybe this will be helpful:
>http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/44076
>
I had the exact same error in D2007 and I wentto tyhat webpage and
downloaded the dzEditorLineEndsFix utility. It now sits in my Win7
Startup folder and I don't think about it anymore.
No longer any such problems.
Here a direct link to it:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/dzeditorlineendsfix/dzEditorLineEndsFix.zip?r=&ts=1424191091&use_mirror=waia
0
Bo
2/17/2015 4:39:17 PM
Gerrit write:

> Cannot create file
> "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr".

Known problem:

Solution for the EditorLineends.ttr issue 
http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/44076

The latest IDE Fix Pack has a patch for that issue:

http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/2015/02/ide-fix-pack-5-8-for-2009-xe7-released/

{quote}
A new release of IDE Fix Pack for RAD Studio 2009-XE7 is available. The new 
version 5.8 is available for all versions including the versions that I marked 
“unsupported”. So all 2010, XE2-XE5 users can update from version 5.5 to 
5.8 what gives them the "EditorLineEnd.ttr" patch.
{quote}

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
2/17/2015 6:43:36 PM
On 17/02/2015 18:43, Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

> The latest IDE Fix Pack has a patch for that issue:
>
> http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/2015/02/ide-fix-pack-5-8-for-2009-xe7-released/

Got anything to stop the dreaded "an exception has been thrown by the 
target of an invocation" error in BDS2006?

Cheers,

Gerald.
0
Gerald
2/17/2015 7:27:56 PM
Gerrit Beuze wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it
> once before Upon starting the second time (after closing the first
> time) I get this error
> 
> Cannot create file
> "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The
> process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
> process.
> 
> 
> The file is definitely not being used by another process.
> At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010.
> 
> Any idea what may be causing this?
> 
> Thanks in advance,
> 
> Gerrit Beuze
> ModelMaker Tools

Hello.

I got the same problem with D2009E.
A "Workaround" is to rename the file.
Then you can start the IDE without restarting the whole PC.

:)
Kai Inge
0
Kai
3/4/2015 1:01:01 AM
Kai Inge Buseth wrote:

See Remy's reply. That is the way to go.

> Hello.
> 
> I got the same problem with D2009E.
> A "Workaround" is to rename the file.
> Then you can start the IDE without restarting the whole PC.
> 
> :)
> Kai Inge
0
Bert
3/6/2015 2:48:00 PM
Reply: