Syste.pas not found

New to XE2 from D7.
I find that, if I do file/new/VCL Forms App. Then compile, the error is
"System.pas not found".

Is this a Path issue? How can it be resolved?

TIA - Ian Peck
0
Ian

Ian Peck wrote:

> New to XE2 from D7.
> I find that, if I do file/new/VCL Forms App. Then compile, the error
> is "System.pas not found".
>
> Is this a Path issue?

Yes, probably.

I sometimes get it when I copy an old project to a new directory and
then open it with a new version of Delphi. Fixing the paths in the
project file (the .dproj file) usually helps.

Or simply *removing* the .dproj file (when the IDE is not open) and
then opening the .dpr file in the IDE. That way, the newly generated
..dproj will contain all the right paths.

--
"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
 -- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
Ian Peck wrote:
> New to XE2 from D7.
> I find that, if I do file/new/VCL Forms App. Then compile, the error is
> "System.pas not found".
>
> Is this a Path issue? How can it be resolved?
>
> TIA - Ian Peck

Try adding -rfoo to the shortcut that starts your product. Your revised
shortcut will look like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\bin\bds.exe" -pDelphi
-rfoo

If that works, we can discuss why it worked.
0
quinn
8/21/2012 2:53:30 PM
Rudy,

> Or simply removing the .dproj file (when the IDE is not open) and
> then opening the .dpr file in the IDE. That way, the newly generated
> .dproj will contain all the right paths.

That's what I do!

08/21/2012 09:28:06

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
8/21/2012 4:28:33 PM
I had to uninstall XE2 - along with regidtry enties. Then a the new
install did not have this problem.
Still don't know what I did to cause it
Ian Peck
0