Properties missing from object inspector Delphi XE2

I am wrestling with something really annoying. I have created a Firemonkey HD application and certain properties are missing from the object inspector. For instance, when I put a TStatusBar on a form, the Font and Text properties are missing. When I open one of the sample applications, like ControlsDemo, that also has a TStatusBar, then these properties are there! I cannot find out what's the relevant difference in settings between my app and ControlsDemo. Right-clicking on the object inspector (rightclic
k > view), I see that all available properties are displayed. I have tried this on two PC's the one running Win7 64 bit, the other WinXP, same problem on both. I have googled around: cannot find anything. Tried all the menu options, project options etc. etc., nothing. Created a new Firemonkey HD application afresh: same problem. I have been searching for hours now. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Anybody please help...
0
Hans

Hans Zwaan wrote:

> I am wrestling with something really annoying. I have created a
> Firemonkey HD application and certain properties are missing from the
> object inspector.

You should ask Firemonkey related questions in the FM forum
(embarcadero.public.delphi.firemonkey). The short answer would be that
the FM classes doesn't implement the same properties as the VCL.

--
Lajos Juhász
0
> I am wrestling with something really annoying. I have created a
> Firemonkey HD application and certain properties are missing from the
> object inspector. For instance, when I put a TStatusBar on a form, the
> Font and Text properties are missing. When I open one of the sample
> applications, like ControlsDemo, that also has a TStatusBar, then these
> properties are there!

The ControlsDemo sample has added a TLabel to the status bar. This is the
standard way of adding text to the FMX TStatusBar BTW (either that or add a
TText to it).
0
Chris

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Object Inspector, Delphi 7
Hi, Got Delphi 7 installed at work and at home. When I debug at work, the Object Inspector is still visible on the left, but at home as soon as I press F5 (Visual Studio keyboard emulation), it disappears. I can bring it back manually but then when I stop and start again it goes again. I've tried to "Save Current desktop" and even to copy the DST file from work home, but no help. Any ideas? Thanks, Alain Alain Dekker wrote: > Got Delphi 7 installed at work and at home. When I debug at work, the Object > Inspector is still visible on the left, but at h...

Missing Properties in the Object Inspector
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, probably something embarassingly simple. I'm using Borland C++ Builder 6. I've added the Standard Action "Save as" to the catgory "File" in the Action Manager. Then I've selected this "Save as" item so that the TFileSaveAs item is selected in the Object Inspector and it's properties are shown there. My problem is that in the Object Inspector the is no property "DefaultExt" or "Filter". Also, although there is a property "Dialog", this property doesn't expand (there&...

Delphi 2009: missing View | Delphi Class Explorer
As far as I know, I'm supposed to have a menu item View | Delphi Class Explorer in Delphi 2009 Pro. But I cannot find it. I don't even see it as an option in the menu Customize commands. All available features were selected when Delphi was installed. What have I done to lose the Class Explorer? Steve Troxell > {quote:title=Steve Troxell wrote:}{quote} > As far as I know, I'm supposed to have a menu item View | Delphi Class > Explorer in Delphi 2009 Pro. But I cannot find it. I don't even see it > as an option in the menu Customize commands. All av...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi XE2 InterlockedExchange64 is missing?
hello, I have downloaded Delphi XE2 Trial and I am migrating my current application (D2010). I need to migrate calls to "InterlockedExchange" but it seems that function "InterlockedExchange64" is not exposed in windows unit. Is it an omission ? thanks <florent fayolle> wrote in message news:399826@forums.embarcadero.com... > I have downloaded Delphi XE2 Trial and I am migrating > my current application (D2010). > I need to migrate calls to "InterlockedExchange" but it > seems that function "InterlockedExchange64" is not...

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing
I recently moved from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 (combined with a new computer). The XML that is now created no longer accepted by the webservice. The specific steps I went through were. 1) Delphi 2009 with old pas file. Worked. 2) Delphi XE2 with old pas file. Didn't work. 3) Delphi XE2 with new pas file imported by Delphi XE2. Didn't work. The new pas file has the following lines, but commenting them out doesn't change the XML. { InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Input', '&...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

Web resources about - Properties missing from object inspector Delphi XE2 - embarcadero.delphi.ide

General Growth Properties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chicago , Illinois , U.S. General Growth Properties, Inc. is an American real estate investment trust , headquartered at 110 North Wacker Drive ...

RentalRoost Brings Facebook Into Process Of Matching Up Home Seekers, Available Properties
... places to live , as RentalRoost , a San Francisco Bay-area-based website that incorporates Facebook data into its rankings of available properties, ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Fluffy buyback extended to neighbouring properties that share a wall
... Fluffy buyback and demolition Chief Minister Andrew Barr extended the Fluffy buyback and demolition scheme on Tuesday to include some properties ...

Smart Buys: Sydney properties for less than $1 million
Domain's choice of smart Sydney properties this week.

One missing as bushfire threatens properties north of Lancefield, central Victoria
UPDATE: AN elderly man is missing as crews work to protect rural properties under threat from a 3000ha bushfire that continues to burn out of ...

Golden Mile a 'basketcase' as commercial properties lose value
Kings Cross will never again function as Sydney's late-night entertainment precinct, property owners say, with residential developers snapping ...

Queensland storms: Roofs ripped off houses in Warwick, 19,000 properties left without power
... roofs in Warwick, as wild storms move across south-east Queensland. More than a dozen homes have lost their roofs and close to 19,000 properties ...