Project Manager Delphi 2007 vs Delphi 5

I am in the midst of moving from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007.  I have a .BAT file that I use to do some post processing on the executable after it is built.  In Delphi 5, I just added the .BAT file to the project manager.  Then when I wanted to execute the .BAT file I just right clicked its entry in the project manager and selected Execute.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to add the .BAT file to the project manager in Delphi 2007.  How can I set up something similar to what I had in Delphi 5?  I thought about using a Post Build event but I don't necessarily want to execute the .BAT file every time I compile the project, just when I am finished making changes and am satisfied with the result.

Any suggestions?
0
Stephen

Stephen Boyd wrote:

> I am in the midst of moving from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007.  I have a
> .BAT file that I use to do some post processing on the executable
> after it is built.  In Delphi 5, I just added the .BAT file to the
> project manager.  Then when I wanted to execute the .BAT file I just
> right clicked its entry in the project manager and selected Execute.
>
> There doesn't seem to be anyway to add the .BAT file to the project
> manager in Delphi 2007.  How can I set up something similar to what I
> had in Delphi 5?  I thought about using a Post Build event but I
> don't necessarily want to execute the .BAT file every time I compile
> the project, just when I am finished making changes and am satisfied
> with the result.

I usually add such command files to the Tools menu.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
Stephen Boyd wrote:

> There doesn't seem to be anyway to add the .BAT file to the project
> manager in Delphi 2007.

Can't you just right click on the project, select theh *.BAT file, and
add it?

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
>
> Can't you just right click on the project, select theh *.BAT file, and
> add it?

Yes, but I don't see how that does me any good.  I can't execute the .BAT file by right clicking or in any other way that I am aware of.
0
Stephen
12/16/2009 8:28:37 PM
> {quote:title=Peter Below wrote:}{quote}

> I usually add such command files to the Tools menu.

That was too simple for me to think of.  That seems like a workable option.  I am going to end up with quite a collection of these but it will still be better than having to go to a command prompt to do it.

Stephen
12/16/2009 8:47:02 PM
> {quote:title=Stephen Boyd wrote:}{quote}
> That was too simple for me to think of.  That seems like a workable option.  I am going to end up with quite a collection of these but it will still be better than having to go to a command prompt to do it.

You did see the macros you can use with the Tools items, right? You could write 1 batch file that accepted parameters, and pass things like $PATH, $NAME, $PROJECT, $EXENAME, etc., and did  whatever it needed for the current project based on those parameters. The $PROMPT macro might be of use, also. :-)
0
Ken
12/16/2009 9:54:36 PM
Stephen Boyd wrote:

> Yes, but I don't see how that does me any good.  I can't execute the
> .BAT file by right clicking or in any other way that I am aware of.

Ahh, okay.

I never knew that you could even do that.

I'd recommend the tools menu.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
Embarcadero Technologies
0
Nick

Memory usage in Delphi 2007 vs. Delphi 5
Going from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007 and finding something way unexpected. The reportedly *same code, and same data,* uses about 104 MB in Delphi 5 and about 400 MB in Delphi 2007 according to the Windows Task Manager. Now, I know that it is not the most accurate way of measuring memory usage, but it gives us an idea of the proportion of memory use in Delphi 2007. Before we go deeper, we just created 20,000 objects and added them to an object list in Delphi 5 and 2007. The result in memory use still looks like 50 MB (Delphi 5) to 178 MB (Delphi 2007). We've downloaded ...

Delphi 5 (string[80]) vs Delphi XE
Hi guys i'm trying to convert a old application made with Delphi 5 to Delphi XE 5 The probleme i have right now is about String[80] and the Read / Write procedure i have a type like that Type TEnrMess = record Mess : String[80]; MessSuiv : Word; Hint : Word; end; And i read/write this type to a File of TEnrMess My probleme is that the string have changed from Delphi 5 to Delphi XE i join the link of a simple of the probleme that can be compiled on delphi 5 and any Delphi XE https://mega.co.nz/#!wV1VyZzY!1ha5oOxTg7L1WJAOXutUygkj...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 2010 can't upgrade Delphi 2007 projects
If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it. Unfortunately, that leaves Delphi 2010 to give errors about not knowing where to find system and other core units. On the other hand, if I delete all the BDS project files and only leave the .dpr, Delphi 2010 can successfully open and compile my project. However, besides that quirk, I have another problem. I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :) So... Any ideas to what m...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Web resources about - Project Manager Delphi 2007 vs Delphi 5 - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

The droid she was looking for. Our BB-8 projects holograms... and JJ Abrams backstory
jurvetson posted a photo: The projection overlays the wood floor in my son's computer room. The JJ Abrams relaunch of the Star Wars franchise ...

Adobe’s Voice app for storytellers lands on iPhone with project syncing from iPads
... for a test drive when it was brand new back in 2014 . The app lets you easily combine photos, videos, text, voiceovers, and more to a project ...

Spotify acquires messaging app startups Soundwave and Cord Project
... both of which have to do with messaging. In a press release , Spotify has announced that it has acquired Soundwave and Cord Project. Double ...

Kickstarter publishes inside story of how Europe’s most-funded project collapsed
... Torquing Group's office in April 2015. (credit: Cyrus Farivar) Kickstarter has posted its post-mortem on how Europe’s most-crowdfunded project ...

PJ Harvey announces 'The Hope Six Demolition Project' album details, reveals new music in trailer video ...
... spring that she recorded in public at a London art installation, and now details are finally here. It's called The Hope Six Demolition Project ...

Kickstarter paid a journalist to investigate its biggest failed project — here's what they found
... to Harris. Much of this additional funding came from a local business owner who is thought to have lost around £250,000 ($353,000) on the project. ...

What is Project Decibel? Everything we know about this mystery startup from the founder of Aereo
Aereo's tiny TV antennas nearly disrupted an industry. Now, the company's founders are starting a new venture.