Problems - Runtime Themes aftter migrate from Delphi 2009 to Delphi 2010

Hi;

We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes.
So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED.

When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right.

The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010.

The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED).
The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme.
I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms.

How can I solve it?

Thanks to everybody!
0
AT

<AT - Delphi Desenvolvimento> wrote in message

> The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the
> current Windows theme.

The IDE itself is themed.  Windows created inside the IDE, such as the Form
Designer, are pickin up the IDE's theming.  The "Enable Runtime Themes"
option only applies to the compiled executable, not to the IDE itself.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
On 7/15/2010 11:09 AM, Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
> <AT - Delphi Desenvolvimento>  wrote in message
>
>> The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the
>> current Windows theme.
>
> The IDE itself is themed.  Windows created inside the IDE, such as the Form
> Designer, are pickin up the IDE's theming.  The "Enable Runtime Themes"
> option only applies to the compiled executable, not to the IDE itself.

I think what you're saying is that Sr. Desenvolvimento is SOL.  He or
she will just have to compile and run to see what it's going to look like.

That isn't much fun.

John
0
John
7/16/2010 4:13:59 AM
"John Treder" <jtred@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> I think what you're saying is that Sr. Desenvolvimento is SOL.
> He or she will just have to compile and run to see what it's
> going to look like.

AFAIK, yes.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
On 15/07/2010 1:20 PM, AT - Delphi Desenvolvimento wrote:
> Hi;
>
> We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes.
> So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED.
>
> When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right.
>
> The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010.
>
> The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED).
> The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme.
> I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms.
>
> How can I solve it?
>
> Thanks to everybody!

One option: For the shortcut/icon used to run the Delphi IDE set
the compatibility option [X] Disable visual themes. This is
a Windows option not specific to Delphi.

Brian
0
Brian
7/17/2010 12:13:27 AM
On 16/07/2010 12:13 AM, John Treder wrote:
> On 7/15/2010 11:09 AM, Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
>> <AT - Delphi Desenvolvimento>   wrote in message
>>
>>> The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the
>>> current Windows theme.
>>
>> The IDE itself is themed.  Windows created inside the IDE, such as the Form
>> Designer, are pickin up the IDE's theming.  The "Enable Runtime Themes"
>> option only applies to the compiled executable, not to the IDE itself.
>>

> I think what you're saying is that Sr. Desenvolvimento is SOL.  He or
> she will just have to compile and run to see what it's going to look like.
>
> That isn't much fun.
>
> John

It is possible to un-theme the IDE, see my reply for how.

Brian
0
Brian
7/17/2010 12:16:29 AM
Thanks  Brian!

Your solution works!

> {quote:title=Brian Evans wrote:}{quote}
> On 15/07/2010 1:20 PM, AT - Delphi Desenvolvimento wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes.
> > So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED.
> >
> > When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right.
> >
> > The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010.
> >
> > The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED).
> > The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme.
> > I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms.
> >
> > How can I solve it?
> >
> > Thanks to everybody!
>
> One option: For the shortcut/icon used to run the Delphi IDE set
> the compatibility option [X] Disable visual themes. This is
> a Windows option not specific to Delphi.
>
> Brian
0
AT
7/19/2010 1:02:20 PM
We've just migrated to Delphi XE and have the same problem. I've disabled the visual themes and this has fixed the issue with the form designer but it has stopped the Open and Save As dialogs from working. When you click on them it does nothing.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution?
0
Andrew

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Delphi 2009 (and probably Delphi 2010 as well) and QTP
We have a suite of automatic tests written in QTP (Quick Test Pro - an HP product), and we have just upgraded to Delphi 2009 (I know we are late adopters), and all of these tests no longer work. The plugin that QTP have released does not work with Delphi 2009 - we have that in writing now from HP. Do you know of (a) anyone else in the same boat as us (b) anyone have a work around, as I can't see one and HP don't seem to be too proactive about this. Any help would be appreciated. I just installed D2010. We started using QTP several months ago so I assume we will have the same issu...

What flavour of Delphi would be better for me to migrate to, from Delphi 2009 Architect?
Hello. I do single development and need access to database tools, so I have today bought the updated Devarts Unidac for D2009E, since my previous version was from back in 2010. Then I thought, why not take the full step, when I'm in the move anyway. Have read a lot in ng's of slower compiler and about drowning in new stuff that does Delphi harder to get productive, with my knowledge level. I'm now, for me, doing the biggest project ever, so perhaps I should take the step now, but fear the time consuming consequences. Perhaps the time needed for the project itself will h...

Is it worth to move my code from Delphi 2009 to Delphi 2010?
Hi guys, we are working on Delphi 2009 till this day because we do not have the time to upgrade our code to the newest version. There is always something more important (features, bugs...) and our code has 2+ million lines. I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast move code to D2010 because it is more or less backward compatible and it shouldn't take me that much of a work. I wanted to ask you about your opinion. Is it a good version to move to? Regards. Dimitrij wrote: > I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast > move ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010
I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010. I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options. After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon. However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon. I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything. I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it. Help! RG Robert Gutierrez wrote: > I have a...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 migration
Hello, for migrating a Delphi 7 application to Delphi 2009, I wonder if there is some kind of best practices guide available? For example, general pitfalls to watch out, ... or a tool which analyse the current code base in respect to problems with Delphi 2009. Basically it is a BDE based application accessing a MSSQL database. The only third-party component in use is an ActiveX thingy integrating a reporting engine. Thanks, Thomas At CodeRage 2008 session there is this Migrating your Applications to the Latest Delphi Many developers use Delphi 5, 6, 7, 2005, 2006 ...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

Web resources about - Problems - Runtime Themes aftter migrate from Delphi 2009 to Delphi 2010 - embarcadero.delphi.ide

The Fitz Files: NRL decision about Sam Burgess deal with South Sydney exposes problem with salary cap ...
Let us call the salary cap what it is: an illegal cartel between employers to limit the earning capacity of its employees.

Dick’s Sporting Goods athleisure problem - Business Insider Deutschland
Dick's Sporting Goods has sold athletic apparel for decades. But now, the retailer faces more competition than ever.

November 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 255 Institutions
This is an unofficial list of Problem Banks compiled only from public sources. Here is the unofficial problem bank list for November 2015. Changes ...

Acampora on problems in the market
Master technician Ralph Acampora says he has some doubts about this "fractured" market.

Tri-Valley has no problem against Auburn to win 2A title
... form Search 39° Navigation Home Blackhawks Bulls Cubs White Sox Bears Fire Notre Dame Preps More Tickets Shop Watch Tri-Valley has no problem ...

Tesla Unveils ‘Cheap’ $80,000 SUV, As Problems Mount For The Automaker
Tesla unveiled an $80,000 “budget” version of its Tesla Model X SUV Tuesday as the company struggles to sell cars and burns through cash at an ...

The 'Design Sprint' Approach To Solving Problems In Your Organization
Innovation is a goal for many organizations, but how do you actually get people in a room, constructively and innovatively solving problems? ...

Family evicted, building deemed unlivable: Landlord cannot fix problems, he was murdered
... A Milwaukee family has been forced to leave their apartment. Their building has been declared unlivable. The landlord was required to fix problems ...

Icy roads causing problems for Thanksgiving travelers around Colorado Springs
Dress warm this holiday, temperatures Thursday are predicted to be colder...