Opening up a PAS file opens up another instance of Delphi XE IDE... [Edit]

Here's the problem:
When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up.
Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is currently open?

Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM
0
Joseph

> Here's the problem:
> When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up.
> Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is
> currently open?
>
> Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM

Drag  and drop the file onto the IDE?

BTW: I have my .PAS files set to open in a text editor - Notepad.  It's
much more often that I want to view a source file rather than open it in
the IDE.

Cheers,
David
0
David
2/1/2012 7:24:05 AM
Joseph Trapani wrote:

> Here's the problem:
> When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up.
> Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that
> is currently open?

It actually should do that by default. If you examine the file
association for .PAS in regedit
Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\BDS.PasFile\Shell\Open\Command

it should contain a default value like

"C:\Programme\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\Bin\bdsLauncher.exe"
"C:\Programme\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\Bin\bds.exe" /np

The file type should be linked to the bdsLauncher application, not to
bds.exe itself.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :