Hi!
Like many other developer out there I have several project which has been developed with older version of Delphi (Delphi 7). Since theese projects rely on some components which are not compatible with newer versions of Delphi (no newer versions available) I'm forced to do any maintnance on theese projects using Delphi 7.
Another solution would be to find replacment components which would provide me with same capabilities and work with latest versions of Delphi. But this would probbably require compleete rewritings of my projects (lots and lots of work).

So currently I'm using Delphi 7 to do any maintnance on theese projects but I surely do miss many features that Delphi XE3 provides.

Anywhay I belive that I have idea of how to make things a bit easier for me but I don't know if it would work or even if it is realy posible.
My idea is to configure Delphi XE3 IDE so that instead of its default debigger/linker/compielr it use Delphi 7 debugger/linker/compiler offcourse using Delphi 7 packages. I also realize that I would be limited by Delphi 7 language limitation (no unicode, not touch capability, no class helpers, etc), but I do think that I could still use most features from DelphiXE3 code editor. The thing that would come most handy for me is code folding capabilities and regions. Theese features don't affect the final appl
ication but do help in code redability a lot.
Delphi XE2 used external compiler (FPC compiler) for compiling MacOS and iOS applications. So I'm wandering would it be poosible to use Delphi 7 compiler in similar way? And if it would be posible how to configure Delphi XE3 IDE for this.

Now if this is actually posible I do think that Embarcadero should provide an easy means of using this as it would definitly atract many pepole to upgrading to newer versions of Delphi. Component incompatibilities in existing projects is the major reason why developers don't upgrade their Delphi enviroments.
0
Silvo

Silvo wrote:

> My idea is to configure Delphi XE3 IDE so that instead of its default
> debigger/linker/compielr it use Delphi 7 debugger/linker/compiler
> offcourse using Delphi 7 packages.

You are not the first person to ask for that.  Back in the D2009 timeframe,
there was a third-party plugin made available for this exact purpose:

IDE Compiler Plugin 1.0
http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/ide-tools/ide-compiler-plugin-10/

AFAIK, it has not been updated to support newer IDE versions, however.

> Delphi XE2 used external compiler (FPC compiler) for compiling MacOS
> and iOS applications.

Only as a temporary measure until a new compiler that natively outputs Mac/iOs
executables is made available.

> So I'm wandering would it be poosible to use Delphi 7 compiler in similar
way?

Possible, maybe.  Readily available,  no.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 7 IDE
Anyone know where I might go to get some information on a nasty "Debug process already running" message in Delphi 7 IDE? I can't compile any of my D7 projects. I uninstalled and reinstalled D7 but the same message pops up. XE3 is not affected by whatever is happening. All my XE3 programs compile and run fine. Are there any D7 forums left out there? My google search on the problem has yielded nothing useful. On which OS? Delphi 7 works very well under Vista/Seven/Eight if you install it not in C:\Program files (the default) but in a dedicated folder (I use C:\Progs) - d...

Delphi 7 IDE
Sorry, I tried to post this to the IDE group, but got "posting not allowed" error. When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last project option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code window and form show up. The IDE / component bar are not opened. Anyone have this happen before? Is there a fix for it? Nothing found with google or newsgroup search, sorry. Charles Collins wrote: > When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last > project option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code > window and ...

dll fails when compiled with delphi 2010, but works with delphi 7
I may be doing good if someone can just point me to the right forum I have not created a dll for some time and have not written one with 2010 before. The dll I am creating will be called as a cfx function by either a ColdFusion or BlueDragon webserver. I have written cfx DLLs in the past. The function declaration is below, it is the standard declaration from ColdFusion or Bluegradon documention on creating a CFX. procedure ProcessTagRequest(Request: TCFXRequest); export; cdecl; Since this was the first time using 2010 I wrote a very basic function to build off that was not much mor...

Delphi 7 versus Delphi 2010 compiler directive {$Q-}
Hi, Could it be correct that there's a bug in Delphi7 where the compiler directive {$Q-} and {$Q+} works completely the opposite? When trying to build an existing Delhi 7 project in Delphi 2010 i found this weird behaviour. In D7 {$Q-} set overflow cheking on and in Delphi 2010 off ????? Regards, Arno Brinkman ABVisie -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Firebird open source database with many powerful SQL features: http://www.firebirdsql.org http://www.firebirdsql.info General database developer support: http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com Support list for ...

Web resources about - Is it posible to configure Delphi XE3 IDE to use Delphi 7 compiler/debuger - embarcadero.delphi.ide

configure script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Configure script is an executable script designed to aid in developing a program to be run on a wide number of different computers. It matches ...

CloudNex correctly configures NetSuite for retailer
IT consultant and NetSuite solution provider, CloudNex has implemented a NetSuite configuration for local fashion designer and retailer, Briggins. ...

Configure Custom Brightness Levels For When Your iPhone Is Plugged In With This Jailbreak Tweak
It’s already possible to configure a custom brightness level for iDevices when un plugged, but now a new jailbreak tweak (called “BrightnessPlug”) ...

Configure - Apple
With top-of-the-line Intel processors, HD graphics, and ultrafast Thunderbolt ports, MacBook Pro does more than ever. Faster than ever.

Xcode Continuous Integration Guide: Install OS X Server and Configure Xcode Server
Provides guidelines and examples for using Xcode continuous integration features. To run Xcode Server, you must first install and configure OS ...

Apple TV to get automatic "touch to configure" setup via Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 7
Apple appears to be using a novel device setup method to ease initial configuration of Apple TV under iOS 7, using an NFC-like touch without ...

Model brain with 2.5 million neurons configures itself to solve problems
Chris Eliasmith, et. al Over the last few years, the meteoric rise of computing power has allowed us to build ever-larger collections of model ...

Official: It's time to configure your 2014 Porsche Cayman
Filed under: Car Buying , LA Auto Show , Coupe , Performance , Porsche , Luxury With its configurator gone live, you can spend some time getting ...

Customize and configure your PC with Windows Tweaker 5.0
Windows is a highly configurable operating system, with hundreds of settings and options available. But taking full advantage of this can be ...