How to start Delphi without opening the last project?

I have fixed this in my previous life (before my laptop crashed last
week) but I can't remember how I did it so now whenever I open Delphi
it also opens the last project I worked on. I don't want this, but how
to fix it?
I am using Delphi7, BDS2007 and now installed also Delphi2007, next is
XE.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

Bo Berglund wrote:

> I have fixed this in my previous life (before my laptop crashed last
> week) but I can't remember how I did it so now whenever I open Delphi
> it also opens the last project I worked on. I don't want this, but how
> to fix it?
> I am using Delphi7, BDS2007 and now installed also Delphi2007, next is
> XE.

This is the "autosave project desktop" setting in the Tools->Options
dialog, first page, upper left groupbox.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
Peter wrote:

> This is the "autosave project desktop" setting in the Tools->Options
> dialog, first page, upper left groupbox.

Not sure if it still applies in modern versions, but in older versions you
could include the -np command-line switch when running the IDE so it would
start with no default project loaded.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> I have fixed this in my previous life (before my laptop crashed last
>> week) but I can't remember how I did it so now whenever I open Delphi
>> it also opens the last project I worked on. I don't want this, but how
>> to fix it?
>> I am using Delphi7, BDS2007 and now installed also Delphi2007, next is
>> XE.
>
>This is the "autosave project desktop" setting in the Tools->Options
>dialog, first page, upper left groupbox.

Well, at least it is not in D7. I have to check this in order to get
back my files and general project display once I open it, so it cannot
be unchecked.
However as Remy observed the -np command line switch seems to work.
That is what I was after...

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden
> {quote:title=Bo Berglund wrote:}{quote}
> I have fixed this in my previous life (before my laptop crashed last
> week) but I can't remember how I did it so now whenever I open Delphi
> it also opens the last project I worked on. I don't want this, but how
> to fix it?

Can't you just 'Close All' before closing Delphi?
0
Rich
8/22/2012 9:43:29 AM
Rich wrote:

> Can't you just 'Close All' before closing Delphi?

The next time Delphi starts, it will likely load the IDE's default project
instead.  The -np switch avoids that as well.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
1

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 6 - project opens
I have a large project that opens with no IDE visible. Until today, everything was fine. Have removed the Delphi32.dsk file. No change. Have reinstalled Delphi - no change. It appears the IDE settings for the project are held somewhere. But I can't find them. All that displays is the application's file list. No forms, no code, no object inspector. The Alt keys still work. But that's it. I started up another project with the same name (overwrote the previous version). Same problem. So the data about that project is definitely somewhere. I've had a good look on ...

Delphi 2010 IDE can not open file or project (no reponse)
Hi there I have a strange problem with my Delphi 2010. I can not Open File or Open Projects. when pressing this buttons there is no response from delphi. (but i can open new project r file and i also can open the project from favorite list) Thanks Roni ...

Delphi 6 IDE, Open Project does not sort the file name
Hi, I am using Delphi 6 IDE on Windows XP, when I open the project it does not sort the file names by alphabatic, I Click on "View Menu-- Detail -- click on Name" . When I go back to open project, it goes back to its normal sorting... Where do I need to make change, so everytime I open open project it will open in alphabatic order. Any help will be highly apprecaited! Thanks. Sam > {quote:title=samir patel wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I am using Delphi 6 IDE on Windows XP, when I open the project it does not sort the file names by alphabatic, > I ...

Delphi Prism for cross-platform projects: Started a project
As I suspected Delphi Prism is ideal for my purposes. Since I am a hobby linguist, my program is a Hebrew verb conjugation application. I am trying to formulate all necessary rules including all exceptions in Pascal. Last year I implemented a working prototype in Objective-C. http://web.mac.com/ajbrehm/Home/Software.html It worked, but wasn't portable; and Cocoa is a bit of a hassle when it comes to string manipulation since it offers no native support for unicode regular expressions. I can re-use the GUI. This is how I am planning to proceed, slowly, of course, since I am lazy an...

delphi.Net Delphi 2005 Project Upgrades?
Our company aquired the software property from another last year. Most of the projects were written in Delphi 2007. We purchased Delphi XE which gave us access to previous versions, including D 2007... all is well. However, 3 projects were written Delphi 2005 for .Net. The VM we received from this company included D2005 but it was licensed from the previous developer. I've contacted Embarcadero about obtaining a copy and or a license+registration for Delphi 2005 and was told this product is no longer available. I'm under the impression Delphi for .Net was abandoned. My qu...

Opening up a PAS file opens up another instance of Delphi XE IDE... [Edit]
Here's the problem: When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is currently open? Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM > Here's the problem: > When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. > Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is > currently open? > > Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM Drag and drop the file onto the IDE? BTW: I have my .PAS files set to open in a text editor ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

delphi 2010 memory not released when closing delphi project
each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and the browsing for file becoming slow any idea ? Thanks Pierre Auger wrote: > each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not > release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and > the browsing for file becoming slow > > any idea ? You are using some 3rd-party components that do not properly release memory in their design-time packages would be my guess. A design-time package stays l...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Project Manager Delphi 2007 vs Delphi 5
I am in the midst of moving from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007. I have a .BAT file that I use to do some post processing on the executable after it is built. In Delphi 5, I just added the .BAT file to the project manager. Then when I wanted to execute the .BAT file I just right clicked its entry in the project manager and selected Execute. There doesn't seem to be anyway to add the .BAT file to the project manager in Delphi 2007. How can I set up something similar to what I had in Delphi 5? I thought about using a Post Build event but I don't necessarily want to execute the .BAT fi...

Unable to start Delphi IDE
Hi all, All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it once before Upon starting the second time (after closing the first time) I get this error Cannot create file "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. The file is definitely not being used by another process. At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010. Any idea what may be causing this? Thanks in advance, Gerrit Beuze ModelMaker Tools > > maybe this ...

Convert a Delphi 2006 WinForms project to Delphi Prism
How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and transfering code? Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. Thanks. -- Don Gollahon Don Gollahon wrote: > How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and > transfering code? > > Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. > > Thanks. Hi Don, Have you checked out the migration tool Oxidizer ? http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Oxidizer Cheers, John -- John Moshakis wrote: >Don Gollahon wrote: > >> How can I go about doing th...

Web resources about - How to start Delphi without opening the last project? - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Beyonce's rumoured film project slammed: Saartjie Baartman story 'not hers to tell'
Beyonce has come under fire from a South African chief who says the pop star "lacks the basic human dignity" to be writing her next film project. ...

Tableau and Wave drive construction of largest-ever downtown Kirkland project
... DATA) and broadband services company Wave have leased a total of around 175,000 square feet of office space at a long-planned mixed-use project ...

Huge BYD Storage Project In Lancaster, BYD’s EV Master Plan, Tesla’s EV Master Plan
... Klippenstein, and I had an extra long session for Cleantech Talk #16. In this episode, we discussed… … a big huge BYD energy storage project ...

Apple plans new Reno data center, calls it Project Huckleberry
... Technology Park in Nevada by building a new data center adjacent to its current one. The company filed a permit with Washoe County for “Project ...

Nat Geo’s ‘StarTalk’ Renewed, Projects From Scott Rudin, Sebastian Junger & More — TCA
Nat Geo announced a renewal for StarTalk , a third season premiere date for Cesar 911 and projects from Scott Rudin and Sebastian Junger among ...

Sony trademarks mystery game project 'Days Gone'
In the days between Christmas and New Year, Sony quietly registered a new trademark for a new project entitled Days Gone . Filed under Classes ...

Au Cheval Restauratuer Brendan Sodikoff Eyes Charles Street for First NYC Project
... it to national rankings for the best burger in the United States. He recently opened a spin-off in Chicago called Small Cheval. His other projects ...