How to sort or filter compiler messages in Delphi ?

I'm just wondering if its possible to sort or filter warning and error
messages in Delphi
0
Gilbert

> {quote:title=Gilbert Padilla wrote:}{quote}
> I'm just wondering if its possible to sort or filter warning and error
> messages in Delphi

Sounds like a Bad Idea.
Fix the problems instead!

Otherwise, press CTRL+O, and then O.
It inserts your current settings. You can turn stuff off there.

{$A8,B-,C+,D+,E-,F-,G+,H+,I+,J-,K-,L+,M-,N-,O+,P+,Q-,R-,S-,T-,U-,V+,W-,X+,Y+,Z1}
{$MINSTACKSIZE $00004000}
{$MAXSTACKSIZE $00100000}
{$IMAGEBASE $00400000}
{$APPTYPE GUI}
{$WARN SYMBOL_DEPRECATED ON}
{$WARN SYMBOL_LIBRARY ON}
{$WARN SYMBOL_PLATFORM ON}
{$WARN SYMBOL_EXPERIMENTAL ON}
{$WARN UNIT_LIBRARY ON}
{$WARN UNIT_PLATFORM ON}
.... etc

Otherwise, you can go to the project options (CTRL+SHIFT+F11), and under
/Delphi Compiler/Hints and warnings/ you can configure all items that you want to be warned about.
0
Wouter
3/20/2013 11:11:42 PM
"Wouter van Nifterick" wrote in message

> {quote:title=Gilbert Padilla wrote:}{quote}
> I'm just wondering if its possible to sort or filter warning and error
> messages in Delphi

Sounds like a Bad Idea.
Fix the problems instead!

Otherwise, press CTRL+O, and then O.
It inserts your current settings. You can turn stuff off there.

{$A8,B-,C+,D+,E-,F-,G+,H+,I+,J-,K-,L+,M-,N-,O+,P+,Q-,R-,S-,T-,U-,V+,W-,X+,Y+,Z1}
{$MINSTACKSIZE $00004000}
{$MAXSTACKSIZE $00100000}
{$IMAGEBASE $00400000}
{$APPTYPE GUI}
{$WARN SYMBOL_DEPRECATED ON}
{$WARN SYMBOL_LIBRARY ON}
{$WARN SYMBOL_PLATFORM ON}
{$WARN SYMBOL_EXPERIMENTAL ON}
{$WARN UNIT_LIBRARY ON}
{$WARN UNIT_PLATFORM ON}
.... etc

Otherwise, you can go to the project options (CTRL+SHIFT+F11), and under
/Delphi Compiler/Hints and warnings/ you can configure all items that you
want to be warned about.

Thanks for tip, that would help but I don’t think filtering messages is a
bad Idea.
0
Gilbert
3/21/2013 5:37:45 PM
> {quote:title=Gilbert Padilla wrote:}{quote}
> Otherwise, press CTRL+O, and then O.
> It inserts your current settings.

Thanks i never knew! How does that work? I seen no reference, and also do not understand why pressing O after CTRL+O (which does what?) has that effect.
Why would you want to do that?
If you have lots of errors, fix the first few and recompile. Many more messages will go away.
Rinse and repeat until clean.

No amount of filtering or sorting is going to increase your coding speed.
0
Jan
3/22/2013 11:09:45 AM
N Depred wrote:

> > {quote:title=Gilbert Padilla wrote:}{quote}
> > Otherwise, press CTRL+O, and then O.
> > It inserts your current settings.
>
> Thanks i never knew! How does that work? I seen no reference, and also do not understand why
> pressing O after CTRL+O (which does what?) has that effect.

Index of all short-cut keyboard mappings are given in
ms-help://embarcadero.rs2010/rad/Keyboard_Mappings_Index.html
and the default mapping in
ms-help://embarcadero.rs2010/rad/Default_Keyboard_Shortcuts.html
(You may have to rweak the links if you have another version of RAD Studio)

Ctrl-O by itself does nothing, except sets the keyboard in a state to wait for C, K, L or O to
perform corresponding action.
I think these and other keyboard combinations sometimes may be the explanation to a perceived
"weird" or "erroneous" behaviour.

Cheers

--
Tom Brunberg
firstname.lastname@welho.com
//Why would you want to do that?
//If you have lots of errors, fix the first few and recompile. Many more
messages will go away.
//Rinse and repeat until clean.

//No amount of filtering or sorting is going to increase your coding speed.

I was updating a component written for D6 and I got a lot messages mixed,
some of them I did not need to recompile to fix them, all I needed was to
move to the next error line to correct it and for doing that Delphi is very
good, it just take a  click on the error message but manually scrolling down
thru many mixed warnings and errors and recompiling for every error doesn't
increase coding speed either. It should be good to have a dropdown menu to
filter or to display all, warnings only or errors only.
0
Gilbert
3/22/2013 4:56:38 PM
Tom Brunberg wrote:

>Index of all short-cut keyboard mappings are given in
>ms-help://embarcadero.rs2010/rad/Keyboard_Mappings_Index.html
>and the default mapping in
>ms-help://embarcadero.rs2010/rad/Default_Keyboard_Shortcuts.html
>(You may have to rweak the links if you have another version of RAD
>Studio)

Might want to look at this also -
http://caryjensen.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/delphi-editor-key-combination-table.html

A very complete list of key presses that are available in the IDE

Cheers,
Nick

--
Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373
0
Jan Doggen wrote:

> Why would you want to do that?

So you can concentrate on the messages in a certain category first,
before you allow the rest to be seen. Especially sorting sounds like a
good idea, but I can imagine that filtering might be useful too.

It does not mean that he wants to disregard certain messages. Only that
he doesn't want to see them at a certain point of time when he is
fixing something else.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)    http://www.teamb.com

Rudin's Law: In a crisis that forces a choice to be made among
alternative courses of action, people tend to choose the worst
possible course.
0
Rudy

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 7 versus Delphi 2010 compiler directive {$Q-}
Hi, Could it be correct that there's a bug in Delphi7 where the compiler directive {$Q-} and {$Q+} works completely the opposite? When trying to build an existing Delhi 7 project in Delphi 2010 i found this weird behaviour. In D7 {$Q-} set overflow cheking on and in Delphi 2010 off ????? Regards, Arno Brinkman ABVisie -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Firebird open source database with many powerful SQL features: http://www.firebirdsql.org http://www.firebirdsql.info General database developer support: http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com Support list for ...

Attempting to compile Delphi 5 code in Delphi XE5 is failing
Greetings All, If I'm not in the correct formum please tell me which one I should be in. Just upgraded to Delphi XE5 and am attempting to compile one of my Delphi 5 projects. I used Interbase Express I use either TDataSource -> TCDSProvider -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery or TDataSource -> TClientDataSet -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery Also used TIBDatabase, TIBTransaction, and TIBStoredProc I open the smallest project I have and click compile and almost immediately I receive this error Checking project dependencies... Compiling CITranEngine.dproj...

dll fails when compiled with delphi 2010, but works with delphi 7
I may be doing good if someone can just point me to the right forum I have not created a dll for some time and have not written one with 2010 before. The dll I am creating will be called as a cfx function by either a ColdFusion or BlueDragon webserver. I have written cfx DLLs in the past. The function declaration is below, it is the standard declaration from ColdFusion or Bluegradon documention on creating a CFX. procedure ProcessTagRequest(Request: TCFXRequest); export; cdecl; Since this was the first time using 2010 I wrote a very basic function to build off that was not much mor...

Delphi 7 compiler error message
A client of ours received the error message below when trying to compile a demo application with our components in Delphi 7. I repeated the compilation on my machine but I did not get any errors. Would anyone know what could be the reason for this? [Fatal Error] FileList.pas(11): Unit SplineObj was compiled with a different version of Polynomials.TPolynomialD The version of SplineObj.dcu the customer has is dated 12:35PM 30/11/2010 The version of Polynomials.dcu he has has the same date time stamp. Pier Nardin wrote: > A client of ours received the error message below when ...

Delphi XE2 IDE dies without any message
I have a Delphi project with a number of forms using objects from SourceForge Orpheus VCL. It has been working fine for very long time until tonight when suddenly XE2 IDE dies completely without any message when I scroll down in Object Inspector for one of the Orpheus edit fields. Other edit fields of the same type works fine, and I've compared the entries in the form .dfm file and I can't see anything odd about the failing ones. Anyone who has a clue on how to debug this? And how come that XE2 IDE just dies without the slightest information on what is wrong? Regards Mats, | A...

Best practice when code should still compile with elder versions of Delphi but also Delphi 2009
When tryung to compile Turbopower Orpheus and other Turbopower products which I still use in my applications and therefor need to convert to Delphi 2009, I get lots of warnings even though others has made it possible to get Orpheus compiled. The problem is checking a char in a set which gives a type cast warning and suggests using a new function instead. [DCC Warning] ovcdbnum.pas(401): W1050 WideChar reduced to byte char in set expressions. Consider using 'CharInSet' function in 'SysUtils' unit. So what would be the best practice here eg. correcting this ro...

Delphi XE IDE keeps crashing with Stack overflow message
I'm using Delphi XE on Windows 7. I have been using it successfully for over a year, first on Windows XP, then about six months ago moving to Win 7. In the past couple of weeks I've been getting this issue where I get a message window pop up in the IDE, saying "Stack overflow - save your work and restart Delphi XE". Shortly afterwards the IDE crashes. This is now happening almost every time I use it. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason behind when this will happen, and I'm normally not doing anything other than browsing code. Any ideas? We are...

Delphi 6 IDE, Open Project does not sort the file name
Hi, I am using Delphi 6 IDE on Windows XP, when I open the project it does not sort the file names by alphabatic, I Click on "View Menu-- Detail -- click on Name" . When I go back to open project, it goes back to its normal sorting... Where do I need to make change, so everytime I open open project it will open in alphabatic order. Any help will be highly apprecaited! Thanks. Sam > {quote:title=samir patel wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I am using Delphi 6 IDE on Windows XP, when I open the project it does not sort the file names by alphabatic, > I ...

Web resources about - How to sort or filter compiler messages in Delphi ? - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , or external linking . The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. The name "compiler" ...

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Compile" and "compiling" redirect here. For the software company, see Compile (publisher) . For other uses, see Compilation . This article has ...

Facebook Open-Sources HipHop PHP Compiler Software
Earlier this morning, Facebook officially made their new PHP “compiler,” called HipHop, available as open source software. In the blog post by ...

Art in the Age of Matter Compilers
jurvetson posted a photo: Sheba may be the harbinger of art in the digital age — a mathematical sculptor with digital matter. She manipulates ...

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Typesafe cofounder forking Scala compiler
The main contributor to the Scala compiler, Paul Phillips, has announced on GitHub that he is forking the compiler to “fix some of the innumerable ...

Does Apple's new developer agreement ban Adobe's Flash-to-iPhone compiler?
Given that any kind of formal truce between Apple and Adobe was essentially blown out of the water by Steve Job's very public slating of Flash ...

Apple seeds devs with Safari 5.2 for Lion, Xcode 4.4 with new LLVM compiler
... to the general public this summer. Among the new features: According to Apple, Xcode 4.4 includes an editor for Collada 3D files, compiler support ...

NVIDIA and Continuum Analytics Announce NumbaPro, A Python CUDA Compiler
... are announcing that they are bringing Python support to CUDA. Specifically, Continuum Analytics’ will be introducing a new Python CUDA compiler, ...

IntelliJ Releases IDEA 12, Brings Improved UI, New Compiler Mode, Android UI Designer, And More
I'm not going to pretend to be a developer here, and I'll openly admit that the bulk of what IDEA 12 does is over my head. However, I do understand ...