How to add new Help file to Delphi 2010 IDE under Menu item "Help"

I have a new component "RichView" and it has a help file. How do I add this help file to the Delphi Help Menu ?

Thanks in Advance

Richard
0
Richard

Answered here....

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=35053&tstart=0
0
Richard

How to add new Help file to Delphi 2010 IDE under Menu item "Help" #2
I have a new component "RichView" and it has a help file. How do I add this help file to the Delphi Help Menu ? Thanks in Advance Richard It seems there is no easy solution according to this thread... https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=33232&tstart=0 I shall do some more searching first, before closing this thread. My MOTTO is never say never ! Hello Richard, Richard Caruana wrote: > It seems there is no easy solution according to this thread... > https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=33232&tstart=0 The compone...

Delphi 2010 IDE throws error on "find" and "find in files"
I will greatly appreciate any advice how to cure the suddenly appeared misbehaviour: I just loaded the main project file and then tried to find code snippets fore re-use with "find" and "find in files" the Eurekalog extract is: 2.2 Address : 20EB30B6 2.3 Module Name : vclide140.bpl - (Integrated Development Environment Specific Components) 2.4 Module Version: 14.0.3593.25826 2.5 Type : EOutOfResources 2.6 Message : Unable to insert a line. 2.7 ID : 61FB 2.8 Count : 1 2.9 Status ...

Help with Delphi IDE Help
I'm using D2007, and avoid using the Help for two reasons: 1) it takes FOREVER for the help system to come up; I can perform a web search and have the answer before the Help system has even loaded; and 2) there is a huge amount of information in the Help system that is irrelevant to Delphi. I know that one can filter out the non-Delphi information, but sometimes too much is filtered out. In Delphi 7, the Help came up quickly, and was reasonably useful. Is the D2007 Help system really that bad, or am I missing something here? jon bondy wrote: > I'm using D2007, and av...

BLOB "corrupting" PDF File, HELP HELP HELP !!
This is buggin the #$%@ out of me !! The user scans a document through a Xerox Scanner (which sends it to the users PC). I take that PDF document and through Powerbuilder take it and save it to an Oracle DB as a BLOB. Also, within the PB application, the user can pick the document and open it (which makes a call out to Adobe to view it). Adobe 5.0.5 returns an error that reads "insufficient data for an image". The PDF document is able to be opened before it is loaded as a BLOB to Oracle, but after the loading, this error pops up. It almost seems like the first page has a p...

Help using ftp to "add new item"
I"m new in the ASP world. I'm using the "SAMS Teach Yourself" ASP.NET in 24 hours. It tells me to right click on the "ftp folder" and when I do, I get this error: MyFirstPage.aspx: OS & fIle System Error: (MyFirstPage.aspx) Permission denied. Please help. I find all this very interesting and love developing. I just want to get started. If it's not against the rules, I would like to post my number later and get a more detailed instruction; only if its too complicated to write the explaination. Thank you in advance. Can you be more specific as to wh...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! ...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. NOTE: I installed into d:\dev\xe7 Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! ...

Help on "HELP"
If I understand things correctly, I think that I can take a Robohelp *.hlp file and insert its name into the app.ini, and when the end-user presses F1, this Help File will appear. Am I correct? Also, am not sure when you use the ShowHelp() function. Can anyone give me any guidance here? Appreciate it. Bill... You need to call ShowHelp to get the help file to appear. The ini setting you are referring to probably has to do with adding help to the PB development environment, which you can only do in a limited sense. Code the ShowHelp call in the clicked event for your Help menu...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. NOTE: I installed into d:\dev\xe7 Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try th...

Need "more current" help files, and better evidence of "executed" actions like file download and installed completion or "next" step indications.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Need "more current" help files, and better evidence of "executed" actions like file download and installed completion or "next" step indications. Comments: I am a user, not a software developer;however, I am an engineer & physicist. Currently, I use only Windows XP with SP2, and wish to use the Firefox browser on all our computers. I observe that Microsoft may be acting to interfere with Firefox on one of my computers because Firefox was downloaded after a recent MS Office 2007 installation, and this Firef...

"Check for Updates" under File menu or Tool instead of Help menu
I think that checking for thunderbird updates would be more naturally placed in the File menu or Tools menu. Opinions? On 15.08.2006 01:14 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Mozilla User to generate the following:? : > I think that checking for thunderbird updates would be more > naturally placed in the File menu or Tools menu. Opinions? would certainly be more appropiate under "Tools" - that is what the Update-function is, after all! reg Mozilla User scribbled: > I think that checking for thunderbird updates would be more > naturally placed i...

Simple IDE "Help" question?
As a recent upgrader to XE3 (from C++Builder 4), when I'm writing code and press [F1] for quick help on a function which I have long since forgotten, the Help window appears under my IDE windows. I want it to immediately come up as the top (active) window because I want to read it immediately. Surely there is a setting I have missed? Hi Martin Martin Jarvis wrote: > As a recent upgrader to XE3 (from C++Builder 4), when I'm writing > code and press [F1] for quick help on a function which I have > long since forgotten, the Help window appears under my IDE >...

"<%" and "%>" embedded in ascx files. HELP!
  What does it means when you have code like this: Specifically, what does the "<%" / "%>"  do? is it a throwback to ASP before .NET?   This is in an ascx file.   thanks That's exactly what it is.  It's much like what was used for ASP before .NET.  Though these tags have use in ASP.NET, most prefer code-behind methodology.  The fact is that many times you will still be required to use the tags.  A good example is Template columns in datagrids...<HEADERSTYLE HorizontalAlign="Center"></HEADERSTYLE><ITEMTEMPLATE>...

"Help" does not start: "file:///fakefile#index" is invalid
Hi! My application Help/Hilfe does not show anything. The following messages does appear instead: > Unable to load page > The requested URI "file:///fakefile#index" is invalid Where do I get an index? I have jet reinstalled susehelp_en and susehelp_de but with no success. I use (normally) OpenSuse/SUSE Linux Release 11.1 Kernel Linux 2.6.27.45-0.1-pae Gnome 2.24.1 Can somebody help me so I will be able to help myself better with susehelp?;) Thanks pistazienfresser -- pistazienfresser ----------------------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - How to add new Help file to Delphi 2010 IDE under Menu item "Help" - embarcadero.delphi.ide