Help with Delphi IDE Help

I'm using D2007, and avoid using the Help for two reasons:

1) it takes FOREVER for the help system to come up; I can perform a web search and have the answer before the Help system has even loaded; and

2) there is a huge amount of information in the Help system that is irrelevant to Delphi.  I know that one can filter out the non-Delphi information, but sometimes too much is filtered out.

In Delphi 7, the Help came up quickly, and was reasonably useful.  Is the D2007 Help system really that bad, or am I missing something here?
0
jon

jon bondy wrote:

> I'm using D2007, and avoid using the Help for two reasons:
>
> 1) it takes FOREVER for the help system to come up; I can perform a
> web search and have the answer before the Help system has even
> loaded; and
>
> 2) there is a huge amount of information in the Help system that is
> irrelevant to Delphi.  I know that one can filter out the non-Delphi
> information, but sometimes too much is filtered out.
>
> In Delphi 7, the Help came up quickly, and was reasonably useful.  Is
> the D2007 Help system really that bad, or am I missing something here?

I am also using D2007 (before I have used D5). The old-style help was
faster and maybe it was better organized, however even than whenever I
was online I would first checked Google and if the first couple of hits
would not solve the problem opened the help.

I like the feature of this new help that first time when you hit F1
will have enough time to think about the problem you try to solve.

--

Lajos Juhász
0
jon bondy wrote:

> I'm using D2007, and avoid using the Help for two reasons:
>
> 1) it takes FOREVER for the help system to come up; I can perform a
> web search and have the answer before the Help system has even
> loaded; and
>
> 2) there is a huge amount of information in the Help system that is
> irrelevant to Delphi.  I know that one can filter out the non-Delphi
> information, but sometimes too much is filtered out.
>
> In Delphi 7, the Help came up quickly, and was reasonably useful.  Is
> the D2007 Help system really that bad, or am I missing something here?

Have you configured the MS Document Explorer to *not* search online
sources? It does than by default, you know, and since it will never
find anything there this produces a long delay.

In the document explorer app, go to Tools -> Options in the menu. In
the Options dialog, open the Help node, click on "Online", make sure
the "TRy local only, not online" radiobutton is selected.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

How to add new Help file to Delphi 2010 IDE under Menu item "Help"
I have a new component "RichView" and it has a help file. How do I add this help file to the Delphi Help Menu ? Thanks in Advance Richard Answered here.... https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=35053&tstart=0 ...

How to add new Help file to Delphi 2010 IDE under Menu item "Help" #2
I have a new component "RichView" and it has a help file. How do I add this help file to the Delphi Help Menu ? Thanks in Advance Richard It seems there is no easy solution according to this thread... https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=33232&tstart=0 I shall do some more searching first, before closing this thread. My MOTTO is never say never ! Hello Richard, Richard Caruana wrote: > It seems there is no easy solution according to this thread... > https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=33232&tstart=0 The compone...

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

Help Delphi 2010 IDE
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3d58a.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" See delphi.documentation thread with same subject. -- Cesar Romero http://www.cesarromero.com.br --JivePart=_3d58a.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="Delphi2010HelpError.png" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Delphi2010HelpError.png" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAcEAAAEuCAIAA...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

help help help
after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running well but unluckily it cannot start the adaptive server when installing but backupserver and XP server can install and start it Building Adaptive Server "abc", unable to boot server "abc" server "abc" was not connected anyone can help me Was an errorlog created for this ASE in the ASE install directory? If so, what does it say? Zidane wrote: > after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running > well > but unluckily it cannot st...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

help!help!help!
Sorry to re-post again, Hi, Dean : 1. Are you dialing an ISP or dialing modem pool in side the company? I am dailing an ISP. Because some of my client use this way. 2. Is the Jag server behind a firewall? No, there is no Firwall. 3. Do you have a proxy for the remote component? Yes. 4. What is the syntax of createinstance? ls_class = "p_packagename/n_cst_logon" if not isvalid(inv_logon) then ll_return = g_connect.CreateInstance(inv_logon,ls_class) if ll_return <> 0 then ls_return = ...

Web resources about - Help with Delphi IDE Help - embarcadero.delphi.ide