Hello? #2

Is this thing on?
0
Jamie

> {quote:title=Jamie Dale wrote:}{quote}
> Is this thing on?

Yes, it is.  I can hear you all the way in the back.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager

I've never seen these groups before but something on the
embar-i-can't-spell-the-rest site said to use this address.

Whats with the borland groups?

"Jamie Dale" <jamie.dale@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Is this thing on?
0
Jamie
8/9/2008 6:44:01 PM
Jamie Dale a écrit :

> So whats going on here then?
>
> I've never seen these groups before but something on the
> embar-i-can't-spell-the-rest site said to use this address.
>
> Whats with the borland groups?

I think you'll find they are terminally sick.

Joanna

--
Joanna Carter [TeamB|http://www.teamb.com]
Consultant Software Engineer
> {quote:title=Jamie Dale wrote:}{quote}

> Whats with the borland groups?

Well, the borland groups are going way one way or another -- since we aren't part of Borland anymore.  These groups are the replacement.  And since the old server is dying, it seemed like a good time to move over to these groups.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager
Jamie Dale wrote:

> So whats going on here then?
>
> I've never seen these groups before but something on the
> embar-i-can't-spell-the-rest site said to use this address.
>
> Whats with the borland groups?

Currently down. There seem to be big hardware problems with it. So they
decided to get live with these groups (on a server that can do both
NNTP - traditional newsgroups - and HTTP - real web forums, unlike the
crappy interface of the old server), although this was actually planned
for a later date.

--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]        http://www.teamb.com

"Ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they
 tell you it's because they're such beautiful animals. I think
 my wife is beautiful, but I only have photographs of her on the
 wall." -- George Carlin
0
Rudy
8/9/2008 8:29:48 PM
Jamie,

| Is this thing on?

Seems so.

08/10/2008 09:00:43

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Leonel's & Pieter's & Q's Mods]
0
Quentin
8/10/2008 4:54:26 PM
Jamie,

| Whats with the borland groups?

The what groups?  That word has been stricken from the rolls.  ;-)

08/10/2008 09:01:42

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Leonel's & Pieter's & Q's Mods]
0
Quentin
8/10/2008 4:54:26 PM
Nick,

| And since the old server is dying, it seemed like a good time to move
| over to these groups.

The "old server" seems to have known when it's time had come.  <g>

08/10/2008 09:03:09

Quentin Correll wrote:

> Nick,
>
> >  And since the old server is dying, it seemed like a good time to
> > move  over to these groups.
>
> The "old server" seems to have known when it's time had come.  <g>

Not entirely. It got into a coma a few weeks too early. <g>

"Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle."
 -- Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programmers.
0
Rudy
8/10/2008 5:05:01 PM
Rudy,

| Not entirely. It got into a coma a few weeks too early. <g>

Perhaps it knew when the right time actually was?  ;-)

08/10/2008 12:03:09

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Everybody's Mods]
0
Quentin
8/10/2008 7:03:56 PM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Rudy,
>
> | Not entirely. It got into a coma a few weeks too early. <g>
>
> Perhaps it knew when the right time actually was?  ;-)

I doubt it, since this server was not intended to go public yet. As you
can see, there are still some glitches (and I was told it only performs
a subset of the NNTP protocol).

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as
 members." -- Groucho Marx
0
Rudy
8/10/2008 8:28:55 PM
Rudy,

| I doubt it, since this server was not intended to go public yet. As you
| can see, there are still some glitches (and I was told it only performs
| a subset of the NNTP protocol).

I was trying my best to bit a bit metaphysical.  But you keep trying to be
so rational.  :-P

08/10/2008 14:47:44

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Everybody's + Q's Mods]
0
Quentin
8/10/2008 9:48:49 PM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Rudy,
>
> >  I doubt it, since this server was not intended to go public yet.
> > As you  can see, there are still some glitches (and I was told it
> > only performs  a subset of the NNTP protocol).
>
> I was trying my best to bit a bit metaphysical.  But you keep trying
> to be so rational.  :-P

I'm a dentist. Incense sticks are not part of my instrumentarium. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis        http://rvelthuis.de

"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can
 write faster than anybody who can write better."
 -- A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)
0
Rudy
8/10/2008 9:55:14 PM
Rudy,

| I'm a dentist. Incense sticks are not part of my instrumentarium. <g>

Actually, incense sticks also aren't part of metaphysical instrumentation.
  ;-)

08/10/2008 15:05:34

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Everybody's + Q's Mods]
0
Quentin
8/10/2008 10:07:16 PM
It also accepts new posts even if you haven't logged in/authorised!

"Rudy Velthuis" <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Rudy,
>
> | Not entirely. It got into a coma a few weeks too early. <g>
>
> Perhaps it knew when the right time actually was?  ;-)

I doubt it, since this server was not intended to go public yet. As you
can see, there are still some glitches (and I was told it only performs
a subset of the NNTP protocol).

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as
 members." -- Groucho Marx
0
Jamie
8/11/2008 1:20:58 AM
Rudy,

Whats happening with you TeamB people then? - Are you still recognised by
Borland/Codegear/Embar?

Just wondering as you seem to be the only TeamB person on this new group.
Normally Remy can't keep himself away from ide or socket programming but so
far I've not seen him here!

Are you guys still going to be helping us inexperienced coders?

Quentin Correll wrote:

> Rudy,
>
> | Not entirely. It got into a coma a few weeks too early. <g>
>
> Perhaps it knew when the right time actually was?  ;-)

I doubt it, since this server was not intended to go public yet. As you
can see, there are still some glitches (and I was told it only performs
a subset of the NNTP protocol).

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as
 members." -- Groucho Marx
0
Jamie
8/14/2008 4:16:48 PM
Jamie Dale wrote:

> Whats happening with you TeamB people then? - Are you still
> recognised by Borland/Codegear/Embar?

	CodeGear and Embarcadero, anyway.

> Just wondering as you seem to be the only TeamB person on this new
> group.

	Nope. :)

--
Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/
Jamie Dale wrote:

> Just wondering as you seem to be the only TeamB person on this new
> group

Perhaps he's the only one with TeamB currently in the author field.
When posting from the browser interface the name used can't be edited.

--
-Mike (TeamB)
0
Mike Williams wrote:

> When posting from the browser interface the name used can't be edited.

As well as posting via NNTP. I'll have to figure out how Rudy changed
his name.

--
-Mike (TeamB)
0
Jamie Dale wrote:

> Rudy,
>
> Whats happening with you TeamB people then? - Are you still
> recognised by Borland/Codegear/Embar?
>
> Just wondering as you seem to be the only TeamB person on this new
> group.

I'm not sure I am. I am apparently the only one who managed to get the
tag to dsiplay, though, by simply adding it to the real name I gave in
my CDN profile. <g>

"Why don't you write books people can read?"
 -- Nora Joyce to her husband James (1882-1941)
0
Rudy
8/14/2008 10:30:26 PM
Mike Williams (TeamB) wrote:

> Jamie Dale wrote:
>
> > Just wondering as you seem to be the only TeamB person on this new
> > group
>
> Perhaps he's the only one with TeamB currently in the author field.
> When posting from the browser interface the name used can't be edited.

When posting through the NNTP interface, the server also replaces the
name part with what it gets from the CDN account. I hope that will be
taken care of real soon now.

"So I went to the dentist. He said "Say Aaah." I said "Why?"
 He said "My dog's died.'" -- Tommy Cooper
0
Rudy
8/14/2008 10:32:07 PM
Mike Williams (TeamB) wrote:

> Mike Williams wrote:
>
> > When posting from the browser interface the name used can't be
> > edited.
>
> As well as posting via NNTP. I'll have to figure out how Rudy changed
> his name.

Apparently the same way you did. I simply added the tag to my last name
in my CDN account. But that change did not take effect immediately.

"Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
 -- Saint Augustine (354-430)
0
Rudy
8/14/2008 10:33:12 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> Mike Williams (TeamB) wrote:
>
> > Mike Williams wrote:
> >
> > > When posting from the browser interface the name used can't be
> > > edited.
> >
> > As well as posting via NNTP. I'll have to figure out how Rudy
> > changed his name.
>
> Apparently the same way you did. I simply added the tag to my last
> name in my CDN account. But that change did not take effect
> immediately.

Or did you use another trick?

"Not even computers will replace committees, because committees
 buy computers." -- Unknown
0
Rudy
8/14/2008 10:33:58 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> Or did you use another trick?

No, that's all I did; it just took a while to propagate for some reason.

--
-Mike (TeamB)
0
Mike Williams (TeamB) wrote:

> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
>
> > Or did you use another trick?
>
> No, that's all I did; it just took a while to propagate for some
> reason.

Same here.

"Programming is one of the most difficult branches of applied
 mathematics; the poorer mathematicians had better remain pure
 mathematicians." -- Edsger Dijkstra
0
Rudy
8/14/2008 10:45:10 PM
In article <2998@forums.codegear.com>,
 Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote:

> I'm not sure I am. I am apparently the only one who managed to get the
> tag to dsiplay, though, by simply adding it to the real name I gave in
> my CDN profile. <g>

   Mine displayed right away, but it was part of my DN profile already
so that the tag would show when I left comments in QC.
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
David Dean (CodeGear) wrote:

> In article <2998@forums.codegear.com>,
>  Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I am. I am apparently the only one who managed to get
> > the tag to dsiplay, though, by simply adding it to the real name I
> > gave in my CDN profile. <g>
>
>    Mine displayed right away, but it was part of my DN profile
> already so that the tag would show when I left comments in QC.

OK. <g>

"It is practically imposible to teach good programming to
 students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential
 programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of
 regeneration." -- Edsger Dijkstra
0
Rudy
8/14/2008 11:04:42 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) schrieb:

> When posting through the NNTP interface, the server also replaces the
> name part with what it gets from the CDN account. I hope that will be
> taken care of real soon now.

What about this? The rewrite of the name is always active. Is there a
plan to deactivate it?

--
Andreas Richter
URLs: http://www.anrichter.net | http://www.oszine.de

hello hello #2
Name: MrTrajt Email: trajthisdotnottoberealakountodmatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: hello hello Comments: There, things being what they are you can all whirl and imitate the website of your dreams, guaranteed to flay in the punters, monetize your investment and concede you go on social security a contented bunny if the opportunity arises next year. Or if possible you be unbiased a minuscule more of an explanation? I did, and here’s what I got. Apparently the colour differentiators within this perfect website instructions are advance of seamanship, grand brisknes...

Delphi IDE on Linux / WINE #2
Hi, I took some time to test Delphi XE3 and XE7 on Linux / WINE and was surprised that it works (with some issues). The installation is also not straight forward, but I have written a How-to on appdb.winehq.org: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32440 (see the Installation How-to at the bottom) I'm going to test for all Delphi versions that I have access to in the near future. You can see the debugger in action here: :) http://postimg.org/image/o77zhkadn/ -- Regards Jens Mühlenhoff - ACCURATA Informationssysteme GmbH ...

hello kity hello #2
Name: normatheront Email: ladotjjuaresonotgiltyifaijamnotatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: hello kity hello Comments: There, in this age you can all go and mount into being the website of your dreams, guaranteed to motive on in the punters, monetize your investment and allow you cloister oneself a in the seventh skies bunny if the fortune arises next year. Or if possible you be even-handed a midget more of an explanation? I did, and here’s what I got. Evidently the blue blood differentiators within this ideal website rules are lessen of seamanship, elevated advan...

hello kity hello kity #2
Name: RobinAdams Email: trajthisndotottoberealakountodmatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: hello kity hello kity Comments: There, instantly you can all acceptance and mould the website of your dreams, guaranteed to away in the punters, monetize your investment and off you log a insufficient zees z's a vigorous bunny a moment next year. Or perchance you need open a minuscule more of an explanation? I did, and here’s what I got. Ostensibly the tonality differentiators within this consummate website directions are lull of helmsmanship, illustrious go like greased ...

How to add new Help file to Delphi 2010 IDE under Menu item "Help" #2
I have a new component "RichView" and it has a help file. How do I add this help file to the Delphi Help Menu ? Thanks in Advance Richard It seems there is no easy solution according to this thread... https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=33232&tstart=0 I shall do some more searching first, before closing this thread. My MOTTO is never say never ! Hello Richard, Richard Caruana wrote: > It seems there is no easy solution according to this thread... > https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=33232&tstart=0 The compone...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Is dll developed in Delphi 6 works on Delphi 2?
I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was developed in Delphi 2 use that dll.? If not, please let me know in which areas i need change. The dll work is only to print and email. With regards, Srikanth Varma Srikanth varma wrote: > I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal > vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was > developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was d...

Delphi 2010 with Apache 2.2 web services
We have a service create with Delphi 7, which run with a client developed with Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010, but when we use a service create with Delphi 2010, the service reply an error "ERemotableException with message ' '.", with a Client Delphi 2010, and "xml document must have a top level element" with Delphi 7. We use Apache 2.2, and we have problems, but when we use IIS7, it's OK. _ | Client Delphi 7 | Client Delphi 2010 _ _Service Delphi 7 | Ok | Ok ...

4.2.2.2
Occasionally I will get an alert from ZAF announcing "The firewall has blocked local network access to 4.2.2.2 (DNS) from your computer." The explanation says that ZA has blocked access to Port 53 on a DNS server. Why would ZA block this? As far as I know, it has never requested permission to access this server and I have never denied such permission. I use a Netgear router, and in order to make it work with my system, I was instructed to configure the DNS Configuration of the TCP/IP Properties of my network card and add 4.2.2.2 as one of my DNS Servers. Thanks for you...

SeaMonkey 2.2 #2
I have just re-installed 2.0.14 and it works a treat. Don't mess with wot ain't broke. D. ...

hello #2

hello #2
hello andrew wrote: > hello > > Goodby. On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, Sjouke Burry wrote: > andrew wrote: > > hello > > > Goodby. > go forth and spell no more. -- The Heineken Uncertainty Principle: You can never be sure how many beers you had last night. raf wrote: > On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, Sjouke Burry wrote: > >> andrew wrote: >>> hello >>> >> Goodby. >> > go forth and spell no more. nice, I have a grandson called Raf ! -- GJ GerardJan wrote: > raf wrote: >> On Fri, ...

hello #2
Name: Margaret Email: frederataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: hello Comments: Fantastic website... Good resources for learning, easy to follow... Keep up the good work!!! Make your opinion about my resources :) ...

Hello? Hello?
Hmm. I tried posting a pointless, off-topic message in another group, and the send just hung forever. Will it work here? -- Matt Nordhoff, back from the dead. Or something. Matt Nordhoff wrote: > Hmm. I tried posting a pointless, off-topic message in another group, > and the send just hung forever. Will it work here? I guess it did. Maybe the server KNEW how worthless my message was? -- Matt Nordhoff, back from the dead. Or something. Matt Nordhoff wrote: > I guess it did. Maybe the server KNEW how worthless my message was? Oh, it looks like my other message went...

Web resources about - Hello? #2 - embarcadero.delphi.ide

9 free apps that’ll help you reach (and keep) your New Year's resolutions
Ready or not, the new year's here. And if you're like everyone else around you right now, you're coming up with some pretty ambitious resolutions ...

George Lucas says he sold his ‘Star Wars’ characters to the Disney ‘white slavers’
George Lucas sat down with Charlie Rose for a wide-ranging interview following the massive success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens . Lucas had ...

Angry Alabama defense makes point against Michigan State
ESPN Angry Alabama defense makes point against Michigan State ESPN ARLINGTON, Texas I don't know what they're showing on the runways of Paris, ...

Bill Cosby Breaks Silence After Charges
A day after Bill Cosby was arraigned in a Pennsylvania court on three felony counts of aggravated indecent assault, the embattled comedian broke ...

Ben Carson's Campaign in Chaos as Top Aides Resign
Citing low morale, job insecurity and infighting, Carson's campaign manager and top advisor both resigned Thursday — a shakeup that comes just ...

In Reversal, Twitter to Let Politwoops Collect Politicians' Deleted Tweets
New York Times In Reversal, Twitter to Let Politwoops Collect Politicians' Deleted Tweets New York Times Politwoops will once again be able ...

‘Affluenza’ teen may delay deportation with human rights law
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Lawyers for a Texas teen who cited "affluenza" as a defense in a deadly drunken-driving wreck may be attempting to stall ...

Stocks close lower; worst year for S&P, Dow since 2008
U.S.stocks closed lower in light volume trade Thursday, the last day of 2015, despite some stabilization in oil prices.

Wayne Rogers, Trapper John on M*A*S*H*, is dead at 82
Entertainment Weekly Wayne Rogers, Trapper John on M*A*S*H*, is dead at 82 Entertainment Weekly So long, Trapper John: Wayne Rogers, who played ...

Iran-US tensions flare over new sanctions threat
Relati­ons betwee­n the two worsen­ed since US said an Irania­n vessel had test-fired rocket­s near three Wester­n warshi­ps