FrxClass.pas not found

Hi -

I am using RAD XE2 Professional Update 4 with hotfix 1 isntalled on windows 7. I also have FastReports installed (not the full version with the source code - just the one that ships with the professional version of Delphi.) When I am debugging code, I often get a prompt saying that "Frxclass.pas" is not found and the option to locate this file. If I elect to "skip" I am taken to the "CPU" window (no use at all!)  or "Cancel" that generates an error message and breaks my debugging process.

Can anyone tell me how to avoid this error ? I looked in the debug options area and can see no obvious switch/option that may help. Apologies if this is a re-post, could not find any information on this.

Many thanks..
6
Dave

Paul Slade wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I am using RAD XE2 Professional Update 4 with hotfix 1 isntalled on
> windows 7. I also have FastReports installed (not the full version
> with the source code - just the one that ships with the professional
> version of Delphi.) When I am debugging code, I often get a prompt
> saying that "Frxclass.pas" is not found and the option to locate this
> file. If I elect to "skip" I am taken to the "CPU" window (no use at
> all!)  or "Cancel" that generates an error message and breaks my
> debugging process.

Do you have a frxclass.dcu in the Lib\win32\debug folder?

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Peter Below wrote:}{quote}
> Paul Slade wrote:
>
> > Hi -
> >
> > I am using RAD XE2 Professional Update 4 with hotfix 1 isntalled on
> > windows 7. I also have FastReports installed (not the full version
> > with the source code - just the one that ships with the professional
> > version of Delphi.) When I am debugging code, I often get a prompt
> > saying that "Frxclass.pas" is not found and the option to locate this
> > file. If I elect to "skip" I am taken to the "CPU" window (no use at
> > all!)  or "Cancel" that generates an error message and breaks my
> > debugging process.
> >

> Do you have a frxclass.dcu in the Lib\win32\debug folder?
>

> --
> Peter Below (TeamB)
Hi Peter -

No, however - I did do a search for the dcu file and found that I had 2 copies. One if the Fast reports folder, which is in my Library path and another - in an old Fast reports location (on another drive.) I am guessing that this may be causing a problem. Will delete the old files and hopefully wont get this error again. In fact, just purchased the professional version of the software, so will have to do a clean up and re-install anyway.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction..

Cheers..
0
Dave
10/5/2012 1:22:51 AM
Try adding -rfoo to your shortcut that starts your product and see if
that fixes the problem. For more information on using -r, see
http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597

Paul Slade wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I am using RAD XE2 Professional Update 4 with hotfix 1 isntalled on windows 7. I also have FastReports installed (not the full version with the source code - just the one that ships with the professional version of Delphi.) When I am debugging code, I often get a prompt saying that "Frxclass.pas" is not found and the option to locate this file. If I elect to "skip" I am taken to the "CPU" window (no use at all!)  or "Cancel" that generates an error message and breaks my debugging process.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to avoid this error ? I looked in the debug options area and can see no obvious switch/option that may help. Apologies if this is a re-post, could not find any information on this.
>
> Many thanks..

0
quinn
10/5/2012 4:02:12 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Try adding -rfoo to your shortcut that starts your product and see if
> that fixes the problem. For more information on using -r, see
> http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597
>
> Paul Slade wrote:
> > Hi -
> >
> > I am using RAD XE2 Professional Update 4 with hotfix 1 isntalled on windows 7. I also have FastReports installed (not the full version with the source code - just the one that ships with the professional version of Delphi.) When I am debugging code, I often get a prompt saying that "Frxclass.pas" is not found and the option to locate this file. If I elect to "skip" I am taken to the "CPU" window (no use at all!)  or "Cancel" that generates an error message and breaks my debugging process.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to avoid this error ? I looked in the debug options area and can see no obvious switch/option that may help. Apologies if this is a re-post, could not find any information on this.
> >
> > Many thanks..

Ok thanks quinn - Will do.
0
Dave
10/5/2012 6:46:26 PM
I get the same problem when I step through the program but not when I run it :-S and as far as frxClass.pas goes I cant find it I placed the dcu from the FastReport folder into the debug folder but still asks for the .pas.

Using RadStudio XE2

Any advise/help?

Regards

Dave G

Edited by: David Gollings on Jun 4, 2013 9:51 AM
0
David
6/4/2013 8:52:22 AM
David

I have the same problem since I didn't buy the version with source code

The problem is with FastReports compiling with debug info. I've asked them to produce a version without it and they're looking into it.

Roy Lambert
0
Roy
6/4/2013 9:40:26 AM
> {quote:title=Roy Lambert wrote:}{quote}
> David
>

> I have the same problem since I didn't buy the version with source code
>
> The problem is with FastReports compiling with debug info. I've asked them to produce a version without it and they're looking into it.
>
> Roy Lambert

Cheers Roy,

How your supposed to debug without it...

Dave G
0
David
6/4/2013 1:00:26 PM
David

>How your supposed to debug without it...

I have no idea - I can't - that's why I complained. Even if you got the freebi with Delphi I suggest you email FastReport and complain

Roy Lambert
0
Roy
6/4/2013 5:22:04 PM
> {quote:title=Roy Lambert wrote:}{quote}
> David
>

> >How your supposed to debug without it...
>
> I have no idea - I can't - that's why I complained. Even if you got the freebi with Delphi I suggest you email FastReport and complain
>
> Roy Lambert

So who do I complain to Fastreport or Delphi?
0
David
6/4/2013 5:55:44 PM
David

FastReport - its nothing to do with Embarcadero

Roy Lambert
0
Roy

Opening up a PAS file opens up another instance of Delphi XE IDE... [Edit]
Here's the problem: When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is currently open? Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM > Here's the problem: > When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. > Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is > currently open? > > Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM Drag and drop the file onto the IDE? BTW: I have my .PAS files set to open in a text editor ...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

"Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE"
Today, Delphi's Welcome page showed this: Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: Server not found: rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ How nice :-( Achim Achim Kalwa wrote: > Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE > http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview > > When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: > > Server not found: > rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ Works for me on second try (first ...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

[DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) C++ Builder 2009
Hi All, Running the latest version of C++ Builder 2009 pro. I can create a project and it compiles fine. If a then add any .pas file to the project I always get the following error (in this example it was the RegExpr.pas file, but any .pas causes it: [DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) I have not knowingly changed any compile settings and system.pas exists and is in the paths. Any ideas? Thanks muchly, Phil. Phil Read wrote: > Hi All, > > Running the latest version of C++ Builder...

[DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) C++ Builder 2009
Hi All, Running the latest version of C++ Builder 2009 pro. I can create a project and it compiles fine. If a then add any .pas file to the project I always get the following error (in this example it was the RegExpr.pas file, but any .pas added to the project causes it: [DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) I have not knowingly changed any compile settings and system.pas exists and is in the paths. Any ideas? Thanks muchly, Phil. Hello, Phil Read wrote: > system.pas exists and is in the pat...

Syste.pas not found
New to XE2 from D7. I find that, if I do file/new/VCL Forms App. Then compile, the error is "System.pas not found". Is this a Path issue? How can it be resolved? TIA - Ian Peck Ian Peck wrote: > New to XE2 from D7. > I find that, if I do file/new/VCL Forms App. Then compile, the error > is "System.pas not found". > > Is this a Path issue? Yes, probably. I sometimes get it when I copy an old project to a new directory and then open it with a new version of Delphi. Fixing the paths in the project file (the .dproj file) usually helps....

Delphi IDE version
We have a help, about form with various info. I already have the Application version on here. I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our latest version. Rather than hard coding in the code, is there a runtme option that returns the Delphi IDE version that app was created with? "Larry Wall" wrote in message news:626381@forums.embarcadero.com... > We have a help, about form with various info. > I already have the Application version on here. > I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our > latest version. > Rat...

Delphi IDE crashes
Hello, I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and crashes and crashes. I've opened a QN but they can't figure it out and redirected us to the http://support.embarcadero.com Page. But we dont have a support agreement with Embarcadero so I ask here. Here is the link to the QN: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=89563 In short words: The IDE crashes during an oepration like CTRL + Mouseclick at a variable or something like that. If the ide is crashed you can simply open delphi again and again and agian. And it will crashes evertime you use ...

Web resources about - FrxClass.pas not found - embarcadero.delphi.ide