Everything is too small after migration to Windows 10

I am using RAD Studio XE. I just migrated my computer OS from Windows 7 to
10. And unfortunately I cannot read the menus anymore. They are too small.
Even the components icons also are too small.
I set Windows text size percentage to 175%, Even if I increate it to more
than 200%, this does not fix the problem.
If I individually set the fonts for the menus and other items in Windows,
this does not solve the problem.
I think that I have to set this into RAD Studio XE. How to do it?
32
Arsene

Arsene Mamert wrote:

> I am using RAD Studio XE. I just migrated my computer OS from Windows
> 7 to 10. And unfortunately I cannot read the menus anymore. They are
> too small.  Even the components icons also are too small.
> I set Windows text size percentage to 175%, Even if I increate it to
> more than 200%, this does not fix the problem.
> If I individually set the fonts for the menus and other items in
> Windows, this does not solve the problem.
> I think that I have to set this into RAD Studio XE. How to do it?

Menu font sizes are a Windows setting. You can't set them in the IDE.

Could you post a screen shot (e.g. to the attachments group/forum)?

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

"A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it
 more often. " -- Oliver Herford
4
Rudy
8/3/2015 3:46:14 PM
I took a screenshot but it is too big to send it on this newsgroup.
By the way, is there a 64 bits version of RAD Studio XE?
Each time I do the installation, it is a 32 bits version.

"Arsene Mamert"  wrote in message news:729207@forums.embarcadero.com...

I am using RAD Studio XE. I just migrated my computer OS from Windows 7 to
10. And unfortunately I cannot read the menus anymore. They are too small.
Even the components icons also are too small.
I set Windows text size percentage to 175%, Even if I increate it to more
than 200%, this does not fix the problem.
If I individually set the fonts for the menus and other items in Windows,
this does not solve the problem.
I think that I have to set this into RAD Studio XE. How to do it?
0
Arsene
8/3/2015 5:23:37 PM
Arsene Mamert wrote:
> I took a screenshot but it is too big to send it on this newsgroup.

you can only post attachments to the attachments group.

> By the way, is there a 64 bits version of RAD Studio XE?
> Each time I do the installation, it is a 32 bits version.

no

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)"  wrote in message

Arsene Mamert wrote:
> I took a screenshot but it is too big to send it on this newsgroup.

you can only post attachments to the attachments group.

> By the way, is there a 64 bits version of RAD Studio XE?
> Each time I do the installation, it is a 32 bits version.

no

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
0
Arsene
8/3/2015 6:17:59 PM
Arsene wrote:

> If I individually set the fonts for the menus and other items
> in Windows, this does not solve the problem.

Unfortunately, the IDE's font settings are hard-coded, they cannot be set
by the user, and they do not follow the user's font settings in Windows.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
1
Arsene wrote:

> By the way, is there a 64 bits version of RAD Studio XE?

No.  The IDE itself is a 32bit program (though it has compilers that produce
64bit executables), and there are no plans of changing that anytime soon.
 At the least, doing so would require all 3rd party component/add-on vendors
to release 64bit versions of their design-time packages for their respective
products, and also Embarcadero would have to re-work how the IDE interacts
with component packages at design-time to get components linked into run-time
executables.  Right now, the IDE has some work-arounds implemented to allow
a 32bit Form Designer to design 64bit UI apps, and that logic would have
to be reversed to allow a 64bit Form Designer to design 32bit UI apps instead.
 So there is a lot of effort that would have to be made across the Delphi
community to switch to a 64bit IDE.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Arsene Mamert wrote:

> I am using RAD Studio XE. I just migrated my computer OS from Windows
> 7 to 10. And unfortunately I cannot read the menus anymore. They are
> too small.  Even the components icons also are too small.
> I set Windows text size percentage to 175%, Even if I increate it to
> more than 200%, this does not fix the problem.
> If I individually set the fonts for the menus and other items in
> Windows, this does not solve the problem.
> I think that I have to set this into RAD Studio XE. How to do it?

I have not played with Win10 yet, and don't plan to, but I suppose it
has backwards compatibility support like previous Windows versions had.
Try to configure the shortcut you use to start RAD Studio XE to start
it as if it were running on Win7. XE was not high DPI aware, and that
is probably the cause of your problem.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
-1

This gives a better result. I hope that this will help other people with the
same problem

"Peter Below"  wrote in message news:729247@forums.embarcadero.com...

Arsene Mamert wrote:

> I am using RAD Studio XE. I just migrated my computer OS from Windows
> 7 to 10. And unfortunately I cannot read the menus anymore. They are
> too small.  Even the components icons also are too small.
> I set Windows text size percentage to 175%, Even if I increate it to
> more than 200%, this does not fix the problem.
> If I individually set the fonts for the menus and other items in
> Windows, this does not solve the problem.
> I think that I have to set this into RAD Studio XE. How to do it?

I have not played with Win10 yet, and don't plan to, but I suppose it
has backwards compatibility support like previous Windows versions had.
Try to configure the shortcut you use to start RAD Studio XE to start
it as if it were running on Win7. XE was not high DPI aware, and that
is probably the cause of your problem.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
2
Arsene
8/4/2015 4:48:21 PM
Unfortunately, the problem is not fixed. I just discovered a new problem.
In windows Xp compatibility mode, I can see the menus. But the linker fails.
It show a heap error message.
I can't build my application.

Arsene Mamert wrote:

> I am using RAD Studio XE. I just migrated my computer OS from Windows
> 7 to 10. And unfortunately I cannot read the menus anymore. They are
> too small.  Even the components icons also are too small.
> I set Windows text size percentage to 175%, Even if I increate it to
> more than 200%, this does not fix the problem.
> If I individually set the fonts for the menus and other items in
> Windows, this does not solve the problem.
> I think that I have to set this into RAD Studio XE. How to do it?

I have not played with Win10 yet, and don't plan to, but I suppose it
has backwards compatibility support like previous Windows versions had.
Try to configure the shortcut you use to start RAD Studio XE to start
it as if it were running on Win7. XE was not high DPI aware, and that
is probably the cause of your problem.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
-2