Error E2202 Required Package 'vcl50' not found

Hi, the problem is with DELPHI XE im trying to install the component IBOQUERY with the package IBO40ART.dpk but when i did COMPILE, pop the error. i work with delphi 2007 and i installed a lot of packages and components and is so easy but in DELPHI XE is a big deal ... how can i install the vcl50 to install the compent ... or where i can downloaded ... thx for your time.
0
Miguel

Miguel Guzman wrote:

> Hi, the problem is with DELPHI XE im trying to install the component
> IBOQUERY with the package IBO40ART.dpk but when i did COMPILE, pop
> the error. i work with delphi 2007 and i installed a lot of packages
> and components and is so easy but in DELPHI XE is a big deal ... how
> can i install the vcl50 to install the compent ... or where i can
> downloaded ... thx for your time.

The package source you are trying to compile is simply out of date.
Open the package project, use Project->View source to view the dpk file
itself. Look at the "requires" clause there. Change vcl50 to vcl
(without the version suffix). This will make the IDE look for the
version of the VCL package that comes with Delphi XE. The same may
apply to other packages that come with Delphi and are used by this old
package project. You should also change the name of the package to make
sure the version you build for Delphi XE does not collide with any
versions you already have around for older Delphi versions. Name it
IBO150ART, for instance, since XE is IDE version 15.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

"Peter Below" <none@nomail.please> wrote in message
> Miguel Guzman wrote:
>
>> Hi, the problem is with DELPHI XE im trying to install the component
>> IBOQUERY with the package IBO40ART.dpk but when i did COMPILE, pop
>> the error. i work with delphi 2007 and i installed a lot of packages
>> and components and is so easy but in DELPHI XE is a big deal ... how
>> can i install the vcl50 to install the compent ... or where i can
>> downloaded ... thx for your time.
>
> The package source you are trying to compile is simply out of date.
> Open the package project, use Project->View source to view the dpk file
> itself. Look at the "requires" clause there. Change vcl50 to vcl
> (without the version suffix). This will make the IDE look for the
> version of the VCL package that comes with Delphi XE. The same may
> apply to other packages that come with Delphi and are used by this old
> package project. You should also change the name of the package to make
> sure the version you build for Delphi XE does not collide with any
> versions you already have around for older Delphi versions. Name it
> IBO150ART, for instance, since XE is IDE version 15.

For another approach is, added vcl50.bpl to system32 folder and vcl50.dcp
to your lib folder. But I think it's a bad deal. You can follow the
direction like
what Peter said. you remove suffix of the package.

--
Regards,

Eko Indriyawan
www.ekoindri.com
Delphi has helped me to make something impossible can be realized with
possible way easier.
0
Eko
12/21/2010 8:59:27 AM
> {quote:title=Eko Indriyawan wrote:}{quote}
> For another approach is, added vcl50.bpl to system32 folder and vcl50.dcp
> to your lib folder. But I think it's a bad deal. You can follow the
> direction like
> what Peter said. you remove suffix of the package.

This won't work. VCL50.bpl was compiled with a different version of Delphi (not XE), and like DCUs packages are version-dependent.
0
Ken
12/21/2010 2:30:15 PM
Ken,

> This won't work. VCL50.bpl was compiled with a different version
> of Delphi (not XE), and like DCUs packages are version-dependent.

Thanks for the clarification. I think it can be done.

So, do you think that he has to upgrade the component or recompile the
component(if the source code is available) with current version?

--
Regards,

Eko Indriyawan
www.ekoindri.com
Delphi has helped me to make something impossible can be realized with
possible way easier.
0
Eko

[DCC Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'Vcl50' not found
I am trying to compile a project that was coded in Delphi 5 using Delphi XE. I get that error even though I select "Build with runtime packages" which includes Vcl50. Karthik K wrote: > I am trying to compile a project that was coded in Delphi 5 using > Delphi XE. I get that error even though I select "Build with runtime > packages" which includes Vcl50. A project compiled in XE should be using the current VCL package, not vcl50.bpl which only works with Delphi 5. -- -Mike (TeamB) On 6/11/2010 7:17 AM, Karthik K wrote: > I am trying to compile...

XE5/7 Fatal Error E2202 Required package 'IPIndyImpl' not found
This compile time error (Fatal Error E2202 Required package 'IPIndyImpl' not found) occurs only in XE6/7 (Enterprise) but not in XE2. I've looked over all the code and there all no calls to Indy components (nor to any Web-related components/methods/properties). How can I go about tracing the source of this error? Thank you, Larry X ...

"E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found" Error with XE2.
So I installed XE2, and all of the 3rd party component automated installs worked fine. But when I try to manually install other 3rd party components (that don't have an automated installer), I get the "E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found" error. I have tried uninstalling XE2, reinstalling, repairing, modifying, etc. but still get the same error message. Any ideas? Steve Problem solved. I found that the following paths were missing from the library path: * d:\delphixe2\lib\win32\debug * d:\delphixe2\lib\win32\release * d:\delphixe2\lib\win64\debug * d:...

E2202 Required package 'designide' not found
I am trying to import into XE5 an ActiveX control previously used in D6. When the .bpl is installed the build fails and the message ' [dcc32] E2202 Required package 'designide' not found' is displayed. Any ideas? Phil Sanfilippo wrote: > I am trying to import into XE5 an ActiveX control previously used in D6. When the .bpl is installed the build fails and the message ' [dcc32] E2202 Required package 'designide' not found' is displayed. Any ideas? The D6 code is incorrectly pulling in design time code. You need to segregate the design time code in...

Error 2202: Required package 'VCL' not found
I get this error in Delphi XE6 when I try to build an old package based on the VCL. I put the VCL source folder into my library path but that did not help. I did not have the right folder listed in the library path. Problem fixed. ...

Trying to upgrade Indy10, E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found
Hi I open IndySystem120.dpk It tells me that it will upgrade from 2007 I say ok. In project manager I now have IndySystem120 bpl I right-click that and chose compile, but I get a fatal error: [DCC Fatal Error] IndySystem120.dpk(30): E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found $(BDS)\lib;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports; $(BDS)\Lib\Indy10;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp; Is the first part of the search path I can see when I want to add a file and I know that rtl.dcp is in $(BDS)\lib This is in my registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CodeGear\BDS\6.0] "RootDir"...

''''''''''''''''''''

E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found -- D2009 can you help please
Have reinstalled D2009 on a fresh PC after hard disk failure and now cannot compile any package at all, always get the above error message. Feel stupid as I've been programing in Turbo Pascal, Borland Pascal and Delphi every day apart from holidays since the mid 80s but cannot think what to do and cannot find out via the Help. I have tried putting "C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\lib" into Environment Options | Delphi Options | Library- Win32 | DCP output directory, to no avail. Any help mighty welcome! Thanks -- Mike > {quote:title=Michael Scott wrote:}{quote} &...

'''''

'use' and 'require'
------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0 Content-Type: text/plain Hello all, Is there a way to 'variablize' the version for a 'use' statement. This way, if I wanted to change version I could only change it in one place with those changes cascading across all apps. Usage would look something like this: use $perl_version; Thanks in advance, Jason Allison Principal Engineer ARINC Incorporated Office: (410) 266-2006 FAX: (410) 573-3026 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0-- Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote: > Hello all, > > Is there ...

error in ''%'' operator
hi... friends    i got this error (Syntax error: Missing operand after ''%'' operator)below statement. dtBtnScr.DefaultView.RowFilter = "LOCATION_CITY'" + txtCity.Text.Trim() + "%'AND LOCATION_STATE '" + ddlState.SelectedValue + "%'AND UNIT_ID'" + txtUnitCode + "%'AND UNIT_NAME '" + txtUnitName.Text.Trim() + "%'";   thnax friends It thinks you are trying to use the modulo operator: %. Look at the RowFilter string after you build it ...you should see the prob...

error: The TargetControlID of '' is not valid. A control with ID 'txtDate' could not be found.
I want to dynamically create webcontrols (depending on the status of another webcontrol). The code snippet for creating dynamically the webcontrols is hereunder. But when running the code I get the message The TargetControlID of '' is not valid. A control with ID 'txtDate' could not be found.. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks for the help. protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { Label lblDate = new Label(); TextBox txtDate = new TextBox(); ImageButton imgCalendar = new ImageButton(); AjaxControlToolkit.CalendarExtender extender = new AjaxControlToolkit.CalendarE...

Error: Public member 'ExecuteNonqury' on type 'SqlCommand' not found
Hi all, I have an error message: "Public member 'ExecuteNonqury' on type 'SqlCommand' not found." on objComd.ExecuteNonqury(). Can someone point me out where did I do wrong? Thanks. The code is like this: ----------------------------------- Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "UPDATE Epay_Transaction_Table SET EAcct_Num =' " & sEfundNum & "' and Error_Code='" & sErrorCode & "' where EmployID='" & sEmpID & "' and Batch_Num=' " & BatchNum & "'" Dim objComd = New SqlComm...

Problem with type that causes error "Expected ':' but '=' found.
Hi all I do not understand what's wrong with type keyword This is a completed code for testing only. And the error says 'error "Expected ':' but '=' found.' What could it be? {code} unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs; type TForm1 = class(TForm) TTemp = (Hot, Warm, Cold); private { Private declarations } public { Public declarations } end; var Form1: TForm1; implementation {$R *.dfm} end. {code} Clement Yap Tsi Searn wr...

Web resources about - Error E2202 Required Package 'vcl50' not found - embarcadero.delphi.ide