E2202 Required package 'designide' not found

I am trying to import into XE5 an ActiveX control previously used in D6.  When the .bpl is installed the build fails and the message ' [dcc32] E2202 Required package 'designide' not found' is displayed.  Any ideas?
1
Phil

Phil Sanfilippo wrote:
> I am trying to import into XE5 an ActiveX control previously used in D6.  When the .bpl is installed the build fails and the message ' [dcc32] E2202 Required package 'designide' not found' is displayed.  Any ideas?

The D6 code is incorrectly pulling in design time code.  You need to segregate
the design time code into the design time package and the run time code into the
run time package.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Phil Sanfilippo wrote:
> > I am trying to import into XE5 an ActiveX control previously used in D6.  When the .bpl is installed the build fails and the message ' [dcc32] E2202 Required package 'designide' not found' is displayed.  Any ideas?
>
> The D6 code is incorrectly pulling in design time code.  You need to segregate
> the design time code into the design time package and the run time code into the
> run time package.
>
> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>               (Fish)

It was so easy to import an AvtiveX control into D6.  However, can you point me to any examples of your solution?
0
Phil
10/29/2014 6:28:07 AM
Phil Sanfilippo wrote:
>> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
>> Phil Sanfilippo wrote:
>>> I am trying to import into XE5 an ActiveX control previously used in D6.  When the .bpl is installed the build fails and the message ' [dcc32] E2202 Required package 'designide' not found' is displayed.  Any ideas?
>> The D6 code is incorrectly pulling in design time code.  You need to segregate
>> the design time code into the design time package and the run time code into the
>> run time package.
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
>> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
>> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
>> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
>> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>>               (Fish)
>
> It was so easy to import an AvtiveX control into D6.  However, can you point me to any examples of your solution?

Actually the original ActiveX control violates (and has always violated) the
license agreement as it required you to deploy designideXxx.bpl which is not a
deployable file.  No design time file is.  It has been enforced for over a
decade by not delivering everything you'd need to compile against at runtime.

I wrote this years ago on how to segregate the two.

http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/27717

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

I'm getting a similar situation.
I've just downloaded last version of VirtualTreeView (https://code.google.com/p/virtual-treeview/).
I've been able to generate the runtime and design packages in 32bits with Embarcadero C++ Builder XE7.
But when trying to build de runtime one in 64 bits I'm getting this error:

[DCC Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'DesignIDE' not found

I've already checked that the runtime package doesn't require designide.bpi. Any idea of what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ignasi

> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Phil Sanfilippo wrote:
> >> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> >> The D6 code is incorrectly pulling in design time code.  You need to segregate
> >> the design time code into the design time package and the run time code into the
> >> run time package.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
> >>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> >> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> >> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> >> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> >> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
> >>               (Fish)
> >
> > It was so easy to import an AvtiveX control into D6.  However, can you point me to any examples of your solution?
>
> Actually the original ActiveX control violates (and has always violated) the
> license agreement as it required you to deploy designideXxx.bpl which is not a
> deployable file.  No design time file is.  It has been enforced for over a
> decade by not delivering everything you'd need to compile against at runtime.
>
> I wrote this years ago on how to segregate the two.
>
> http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/27717
>
> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>               (Fish)
0
Ignasi
12/31/2014 11:44:35 AM
Ignasi Mateos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting a similar situation.
> I've just downloaded last version of VirtualTreeView (https://code.google.com/p/virtual-treeview/).
> I've been able to generate the runtime and design packages in 32bits with Embarcadero C++ Builder XE7.
> But when trying to build de runtime one in 64 bits I'm getting this error:
>
> [DCC Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'DesignIDE' not found
>
> I've already checked that the runtime package doesn't require designide.bpi. Any idea of what I'm missing?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ignasi

I downloaded it, added win64 platform to the VirtualTreeR21.dpk and it compiled
just fine.  Are you sure you did not try to do that to the design time package?
  The IDE is 32 bits, there is no need for a 64 bit design time package.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Ignasi Mateos wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm getting a similar situation.
> > I've just downloaded last version of VirtualTreeView (https://code.google.com/p/virtual-treeview/).
> > I've been able to generate the runtime and design packages in 32bits with Embarcadero C++ Builder XE7.
> > But when trying to build de runtime one in 64 bits I'm getting this error:
> >
> > [DCC Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'DesignIDE' not found
> >
> > I've already checked that the runtime package doesn't require designide.bpi. Any idea of what I'm missing?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Ignasi
> >

> I downloaded it, added win64 platform to the VirtualTreeR21.dpk and it compiled
> just fine.  Are you sure you did not try to do that to the design time package?
>   The IDE is 32 bits, there is no need for a 64 bit design time package.
>
> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>               (Fish)

Thanks for your response.

I've checked again and the Runtime packages requires: rtl.bpi, vcl.bpi, vclactnband.bpi, vclx.bpi and xmlrtl.bpi
And links statically to shell32.a

Ignasi
0
Ignasi
1/8/2015 11:59:16 AM
Hello,

I downloaded the latest version ( https://virtual-treeview.googlecode.com/svn/trunk.) and now compiles correctly in 32 and 64 bits. Thanks all again!

> {quote:title=Ignasi Mateos wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> > Ignasi Mateos wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm getting a similar situation.
> > > I've just downloaded last version of VirtualTreeView (https://code.google.com/p/virtual-treeview/).
> > > I've been able to generate the runtime and design packages in 32bits with Embarcadero C++ Builder XE7.
> > > But when trying to build de runtime one in 64 bits I'm getting this error:
> > >
> > > [DCC Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'DesignIDE' not found
> > >
> > > I've already checked that the runtime package doesn't require designide.bpi. Any idea of what I'm missing?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > >
> > > Ignasi
> > >

> > I downloaded it, added win64 platform to the VirtualTreeR21.dpk and it compiled
> > just fine.  Are you sure you did not try to do that to the design time package?
> >   The IDE is 32 bits, there is no need for a 64 bit design time package.
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
> >        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> > And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> > I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> > Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> > faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
> >               (Fish)
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I've checked again and the Runtime packages requires: rtl.bpi, vcl.bpi, vclactnband.bpi, vclx.bpi and xmlrtl.bpi
> And links statically to shell32.a
>
> Ignasi
0
Ignasi

Error E2202 Required Package 'vcl50' not found
Hi, the problem is with DELPHI XE im trying to install the component IBOQUERY with the package IBO40ART.dpk but when i did COMPILE, pop the error. i work with delphi 2007 and i installed a lot of packages and components and is so easy but in DELPHI XE is a big deal ... how can i install the vcl50 to install the compent ... or where i can downloaded ... thx for your time. Miguel Guzman wrote: > Hi, the problem is with DELPHI XE im trying to install the component > IBOQUERY with the package IBO40ART.dpk but when i did COMPILE, pop > the error. i work with delphi 2007 and i instal...

Trying to upgrade Indy10, E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found
Hi I open IndySystem120.dpk It tells me that it will upgrade from 2007 I say ok. In project manager I now have IndySystem120 bpl I right-click that and chose compile, but I get a fatal error: [DCC Fatal Error] IndySystem120.dpk(30): E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found $(BDS)\lib;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports; $(BDS)\Lib\Indy10;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp; Is the first part of the search path I can see when I want to add a file and I know that rtl.dcp is in $(BDS)\lib This is in my registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CodeGear\BDS\6.0] "RootDir"...

[DCC Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'Vcl50' not found
I am trying to compile a project that was coded in Delphi 5 using Delphi XE. I get that error even though I select "Build with runtime packages" which includes Vcl50. Karthik K wrote: > I am trying to compile a project that was coded in Delphi 5 using > Delphi XE. I get that error even though I select "Build with runtime > packages" which includes Vcl50. A project compiled in XE should be using the current VCL package, not vcl50.bpl which only works with Delphi 5. -- -Mike (TeamB) On 6/11/2010 7:17 AM, Karthik K wrote: > I am trying to compile...

''''''''''''''''''''

"E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found" Error with XE2.
So I installed XE2, and all of the 3rd party component automated installs worked fine. But when I try to manually install other 3rd party components (that don't have an automated installer), I get the "E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found" error. I have tried uninstalling XE2, reinstalling, repairing, modifying, etc. but still get the same error message. Any ideas? Steve Problem solved. I found that the following paths were missing from the library path: * d:\delphixe2\lib\win32\debug * d:\delphixe2\lib\win32\release * d:\delphixe2\lib\win64\debug * d:...

E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found -- D2009 can you help please
Have reinstalled D2009 on a fresh PC after hard disk failure and now cannot compile any package at all, always get the above error message. Feel stupid as I've been programing in Turbo Pascal, Borland Pascal and Delphi every day apart from holidays since the mid 80s but cannot think what to do and cannot find out via the Help. I have tried putting "C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\lib" into Environment Options | Delphi Options | Library- Win32 | DCP output directory, to no avail. Any help mighty welcome! Thanks -- Mike > {quote:title=Michael Scott wrote:}{quote} &...

XE5/7 Fatal Error E2202 Required package 'IPIndyImpl' not found
This compile time error (Fatal Error E2202 Required package 'IPIndyImpl' not found) occurs only in XE6/7 (Enterprise) but not in XE2. I've looked over all the code and there all no calls to Indy components (nor to any Web-related components/methods/properties). How can I go about tracing the source of this error? Thank you, Larry X ...

'''''

'use' and 'require'
------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0 Content-Type: text/plain Hello all, Is there a way to 'variablize' the version for a 'use' statement. This way, if I wanted to change version I could only change it in one place with those changes cascading across all apps. Usage would look something like this: use $perl_version; Thanks in advance, Jason Allison Principal Engineer ARINC Incorporated Office: (410) 266-2006 FAX: (410) 573-3026 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0-- Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote: > Hello all, > > Is there ...

Error 2202: Required package 'VCL' not found
I get this error in Delphi XE6 when I try to build an old package based on the VCL. I put the VCL source folder into my library path but that did not help. I did not have the right folder listed in the library path. Problem fixed. ...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Bug in overriding 'require' and 'do'?
Hi all, There was some discussion on London.pm about overriding 'do'. To determine if something is overrideable, you can use the prototype function: prototype FUNCTION Returns the prototype of a function as a string (or "undef" if the function has no prototype). FUNCTION is a reference to, or the name of, the function whose prototype you want to retrieve. If FUNCTION is a string starting with "CORE::", the rest is taken as a name for Perl builtin. If the builtin is not over- ridable (such as "qw//") or its argum...

'''

Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff...
Name: William Jones Email: jbillyjonesatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff... Comments: Hello Again FireFox, Listen...I'm just a simple guy, a 'dial-up baby boomer' who's had to learn the hard way all the way through. I recently sent a similar e-mail requesting assistance with this ridiculous and incessant 'pop up' that informs me that 'my connection has been reset', and/or, 'a problem locating page'....huh? I was just on the damn thing and even switching from one ...

Web resources about - E2202 Required package 'designide' not found - embarcadero.delphi.ide