Delphi XE4 incredibly slow to render form when debugging a FireMonkey app

I have just started using Delphi XE4 having previously been using XE3.  I am having a problem when running any FireMonkey application, even something as simple as a form with a label.  Once the compiler has finished it takes around 20 seconds before the form is displayed.  If I run the application from the EXE the delay is gone.  I've tried compiling without debugging info and the problem persists.  Can anyone recommend a course of action to find a solution to this?

Kind regards
Tristan
0
Tristan

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 2009 app no longer runs from IDE with debugging on
I've got an app that has been running fine for years that all of a sudden will not launch from the IDE anymore unless I select "Run without debugging". I have not made any code changes since the last time it was working correctly. When I select Run, the IDE minimizes normally. My EXE shows up in the Windows Task Manager but there is nothing visible on the screen. Then after about 10 or 15 seconds, the IDE pops back up as if the program was terminated normally. If I run without debugging then all is fine. What should I look for? If I create a new app with just a...

Delphi XE5 IDE is slow like XE2,XE3,XE4 [Edit]
Hello, Same problem on Delphi XE3, XE4 and XE5. Next Delphi XE6 ? Because of Livebinding Delphi IDE is became very very very slow to open Forms with a lot of components. This problem seems to be ignored but opened since Delphi XE2 in Quality Central : Report #: 116169 Report #: 102843 Report #: 103520 Easy to reproduce : Put a lot of third party components like TMSSoftware, DevExpress, Indy etc on a form an it will take a long time to open it and switch on it with F12. Problem is same with a lot of components on form or component with a lot of properties... There i...

Delphi XE7 IDE is slow like XE2,XE3,XE4,XE5,XE6 [Edit]
[...]

How to convert an MDI app to a paned app like the Delphi IDE
I have an old app that uses the MDI style. And I would like to modernise it to use multiple docked/paned windows (e.g something like MS Outlook or the Delphi IDE say). Does anyone have any tips about what needs to be done to migrate my current MDI Forms to the new UI concept. (The app is several hundred thousand lines of code, so a rewrite is out of the question...) AndrewFG Andrew Fiddian-Green wrote: > I have an old app that uses the MDI style. And I would like to > modernise it to use multiple docked/paned windows (e.g something like > MS Outlook or the Delphi ...

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

League System compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4
I am currently trying to write a league system using delphi to be used for an upcoming football tournamant I am running. However, I have encountered some difficulty in doing so. Does anyone have a league system they would give me the code for that is compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4? ...

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Remote debugging in Delphi XE4
I'm trying to remote debug a Win32 application. The application consists of an EXE and additional BPLs, that are dinamically linked in at runtime. I have compiled all BPLs and the EXE with all possible remote debugging options turned on (that means all Debugging options under Compiling options and Debug information and Include remote debug symbols under Linking options). I've then copied the BPL files, the application EXE, the RSM files and DCP files into a directory on the remote machine. Looking at the Event log, the only thing loaded with debug info is the application EXE, but not...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Web resources about - Delphi XE4 incredibly slow to render form when debugging a FireMonkey app - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Jon Stewart Sends Off ‘Incredibly Funny’ Samantha Bee With Emotional Tribute - YouTube
After 12 years as one of The Daily Show’s most valuable correspondents, Samantha Bee said goodbye Thursday night before starting work her own ...

Incredibly detailed photos of the tiny - and beautiful - Australian peacock spider
... and they’re endemic to Australia. But don’t worry too much about the jumping bit, because they’re harmless. Of the genus Maratus, the incredibly ...

Cate Blanchett says she's 'incredibly blessed' to receive top British film honour
Oscar-winning actor Cate Blanchett says she is deeply honoured to receive this year's British Film Institute fellowship for outstanding contribution to ...

Living on $35 a day 'incredibly tough, says Julia Gillard
PRIME Minister Julia Gillard has avoided directly answering whether she could live off $35 a day, only stating it would be ''incredibly tough''. ...

Paris attacks: Father has incredibly sweet conversation with son
GET a box of tissues handy, this adorable video of a father explaining the Paris terror attacks to his son will make your heart break and melt ...

Seven habits of incredibly stylish men
... followed by every stylish man about town. This story was originally published on D'Marge . We've all seen them; know one, even. The incredibly ...

'Incredibly strange': Captain cheered as pirate ship sank, Sea Shepherd rescuers say
The captain of a ship accused of fishing illegally in Antarctic waters clapped and cheered as his vessel sank off the West African coast overnight, ...

Apple CEO is 'incredibly optimistic' about future with China Mobile
Apple CEO is 'incredibly optimistic' about future with China Mobile The Australian APPLE chief executive Tim Cook says the tech giant's deal ...

Phillip Hughes: Doctors reveal condition 'incredibly rare' with only one other case resulting from cricket ...
... arteries feeding blood to his brain. Doctors who treated Australian batsman Phillip Hughes say the injury which led to his death was "incredibly ...