Delphi XE IDE keeps crashing with Stack overflow message

I'm using Delphi XE on Windows 7.  I have been using it successfully for over a year, first on Windows XP, then about six months ago moving to Win 7.

In the past couple of weeks I've been getting this issue where I get a message window pop up in the IDE, saying "Stack overflow - save your work and restart Delphi XE".  Shortly afterwards the IDE crashes.  This is now happening almost every time I use it.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason behind when this will happen, and I'm normally not doing anything other than browsing code.

Any ideas?

We are planning to move to Delphi XE3 at some point but not immediately.
0
Karen

Karen Wickham wrote:

> Any ideas?

Buggy 3-d party component/IDE plugin?..

--
Alex
0
> {quote:title=Alex Belo wrote:}{quote}
> Karen Wickham wrote:
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> Buggy 3-d party component/IDE plugin?..
>
> --
> Alex

Possibly.  We do use a lot of third party plugins.  But that doesn't explain why it's only just started happening recently.

Karen.
0
Karen
1/8/2013 12:58:58 PM
Karen Wickham wrote:

> Possibly.  We do use a lot of third party plugins.  But that doesn't
> explain why it's only just started happening recently.

Oh, the usual PC environment is in a constant flux due to automatic
updates for the OS and the virus scanner you have installed. These
sometimes introduce bugs themselves, and an aggressive virus scanner
that injects code into every running process can crash every program
you have running.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0
Karen Wickham wrote:

> why it's only just started happening recently.

No idea... New version of some plugin?...

You can try using madExcept (option "catch exceptions in IDE") or run
"IDE under IDE" to see what part of IDE (or what plugin) crushes.

You can also disable plugins one by one to find the culprit.

--
Alex
0

Delphi IDE crashes
Hello, I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and crashes and crashes. I've opened a QN but they can't figure it out and redirected us to the http://support.embarcadero.com Page. But we dont have a support agreement with Embarcadero so I ask here. Here is the link to the QN: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=89563 In short words: The IDE crashes during an oepration like CTRL + Mouseclick at a variable or something like that. If the ide is crashed you can simply open delphi again and again and agian. And it will crashes evertime you use CTRL + mouseclick. But sometime ago the function will work properly again. The IDE also crashes if I use CTRL + D, CTRL + Shift + F, and so on. It dont crashing at every action but it crashes for about 10 to 30 times a day. Reinstall didnt help anything. With Best Regards Uwe Graßhoff Uwe Graßhoff wrote: > I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and > crashes and crashes. Do you have any thirparty IDE experts installed? If yes then unistall those to see does it make difference. ain > {quote:title=Ain Valtin wrote:}{quote} > Uwe Graßhoff wrote: > > > I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and > > crashes and crashes. > > Do you have any thirparty IDE experts installed? If yes then unistall > those to see does it make difference. > >...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi XE3 IDE Crash
I would like to know if I'm the only one to suffer the constant crash of the IDE of DXE3! After about an hour of use the IDE starts to become unstable, and crashes systematically when I double-click on the Project manager window to switch to a form or a unit! Ther are also other types of crashes but that is the most systematic and actually makes the system unusable because even restart Delphi on the first or second new click it crash again! Only restarting the PC (WIN7) I can become to work quiet for about an hour! In the system I installed a few third-party components, only Jedi, Fas...

IDE crash with Delphi 2009
Hi, I recently bought Delphi 2009 and tried upgrading a rather big project. However, the IDE completely disappears every time I try to compile. After a few hours of debugging I found the offensive code and noticed there is already a QC for it: http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=66966 However, such a huge bug has not made it into SP1. This is really a show stopper for me, as I can't compile my program; finding all the instances of my code that crash the compiler would take me a really long time which I do not want to invest, as I hope this bug will eventually get fixed. ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi Xe IDE error [Edit]
Hi, Getting the error: "Error in module : Declaration of class T_changeMeBack_s is missing or incorrect" when creating a new project as: New -> Other -> ActiveX Library Then adding New -> Other -> Active Form with the Include about box checked Project is created but the About1.pas file is not visible in the project manager (but a reference to it is found in the uses clause of the created unit and _TLB.pas files Edited by: mark buller on Nov 30, 2012 5:45 PM ...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi XE8 Random IDE crashes
For the first time in recent memory, my Delphi IDE is just plain unstable. I'm using XE8 Update 1 and of course, with /NOCASTALIA. I have removed everything I can from Delphi and still use it (no IDE plugins, etc). I've only recently begun using XE8 (as in the last few weeks.) I am only working with VCL projects. Obviously this is not a place to post bug reports. But even if it were, I couldn't. When the IDE crashes, there is NO useful information. When I distribute my own applications, I use MadExcept so that users can provide me with useful information if some...

XE is the last Delphi IDE that is usable
XE is the last Delphi version that doesn't mess the version information. Now I only use XE3 occasionally to check 64-bit related code. When it comes to compilation, I just use the DCC64 command line. For tasks as trivial as setting the version information, the Delphi XE3 IDE handles it in such a clumsy/buggy way. It really disappoints me. Am 02.03.2013 10:35, schrieb Simon Lau: > For tasks as trivial as setting the version information, the Delphi XE3 IDE handles it in such a clumsy/buggy way. This is mostly related to projects migrated from earlier versions. After t...

IDE Hanging issue
Hi, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, Delphi XE (and Delphi 2010). I have a largish project group that I've upgraded from Delphi 2010 into Delphi XE, it seemed to be working ok initially but now when I open it in Delphi XE I'm finding that the IDE just locks up shortly after I do anything in the project, for example I can start Delphi XE load my project (only the main form is open - not data modules or anything) and simply press F12 to change the Form/Source view and the IDE locks up, when I look at my WIndow s Task Manager it shows that BDS.EXE is utilising ~50% or my CPU reso...

Stack overflow when opening a Delphi 7 frame in Delphi XE4
I am trying to port a Delphi 7 application to Delphi XE4. I have installed all the required component libraries in Delphi XE4 and I managed to open the Delphi 7 project in Delphi XE4. However, when I try to open one of the units containing a VCL frame I get the error "stack overflow - Save your work and restart RAD studio XE4". If I don't open any frames and try to build the project, the compiler can't find the components in the above mentioned frame unit and stops with an error. What should I do? Pier I figured out what the problem was. I has a TsiLang compo...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi 5 IDE Crashes on startup
i came into work today to find that Delphi32.exe crashes with an access violation (0xC0000005) on startup. A binary diff of my Delphi installation with a colleagues finds no differences in delphi32.exe Debugging delphi32.exe finds it crashes while inside it's own internal call to TApplication.ProcessMessage, calling DispatchMessage (just after the call to translate message). The message it's dispatching to Windows that triggers an access violation is: msg: $0503 hwnd: 2903E0 wParam=0 lParam=0 The tail of the stack trace is: Vcl50.Forms::TA...

Opendialog error in IDE and Delphi XE
Hi, I have observed several times now that when calling an opendialog in Delphi XE from the IDE the program fails. The executable directly works fine and this code has also worked fine in Delphi 2006, from the IDE. Has anything changed that I should be aware of? I am running Delphi XE and Windows 7 (32 bit) {code} FName := ''; OdMyData.InitialDir := ApplicationRootPath; try if OdMyData.Execute then FName := OdMyData.FileName; if FName <> '' then edIconPath.text := FName; finally imgIcon.Picture.Bitmap.LoadFromFile(FName); ...

Delphi XE
Hi, with Delphi XE every time i run a program in the IDE (with oder without Debugger) the executable is locked for a few minutes. In this time i can't recompile my project. I get the error F2039 - cannot open outputfile. The installation is on the same machine as my Delphi 2010 - here it works without any problem (Win 7 Ultimate). No VirusScanner is active and every service who can lock the file is stopped. Has Somebody the same problem or an idea? Thanks Robert I have this on D2010. Each time I run a program I have to build or compile twice because it always f...

Opendialog crashes while running in IDE (delphi 2007)
Opendialog has started crashing while running in IDE. A new app with just a button and an opendialog will do it. It works fine when running the app outside the IDE. The old style dialog box is displayed. The crash always happens if I click the dropdown, which causes a bunch of DLLs to be loaded. I have done a complete scan with Bitdefender but it found nothing. The event log shows a string of errors like this: Debug Output: *** EXCEPTION *** Exception Information: Code = 0xC0000005 Address = 0x00000000 Exception caught at: File = ptstrwide.c Line = 2098 Process TestDialogBug...

Delphi XE IDE hangs with Update 1
I tested the Update 1 on my laptop, found no problems on an admittedly light-weight test, and so applied to my main work machine. Now Delphi hangs -- with 49% CPU usage and no file activity -- and never comes out of the loop. I rebooted, loaded Delphi XE, cursor over an identifier, saw "parsing .." and straight back to hanging. So ... does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks in advance. -- Ed. Ed Weatherup wrote: > Now Delphi hangs When? Doing what? -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayt...

Delphi XE2 IDE dies without any message
I have a Delphi project with a number of forms using objects from SourceForge Orpheus VCL. It has been working fine for very long time until tonight when suddenly XE2 IDE dies completely without any message when I scroll down in Object Inspector for one of the Orpheus edit fields. Other edit fields of the same type works fine, and I've compared the entries in the form .dfm file and I can't see anything odd about the failing ones. Anyone who has a clue on how to debug this? And how come that XE2 IDE just dies without the slightest information on what is wrong? Regards Mats, | A...

Delphi 2009 IDE crashes on exception EParseError
I have installed Delphi 2009 on a Windows XP machine and got latest updates Very often (became impossible to work !) the IDE silently crashed when I was just browsing a source code. I ran a second IDE instance to debug the other one, and could catch this when the first crashed : "The bds.exe project has raised the exception class EParseError with message ")' expected but FUNCTION found'" This looks to be a bug in the IDE : it does not handled that exception for some obscure reason. I succeeded to continue to work with it, disabling some options but that's only a...

Delphi XE
I have seen other questions with this same problem, but still no answer. I'm hoping someone can help. I run my application from with the XE IDE and I get an EOleSysError - 'The system cannot find the path specified'. I can run it in debug or non debug mode. But, I can go out to explorer to the same directory and run that same app outside the IDE and it runs fine. No errors. All of my assemblies are located in the build directory of the application, so I'm not relying on GAC or anything, just directory the executable is in. Is this a known bug with XE and Windows 7 x...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Web resources about - Delphi XE IDE keeps crashing with Stack overflow message - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Wedding crashing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... the Busted song, see Crashed the Wedding . For something that is offered at the event, such as free catered food or alcoholic beverages . Crashing ...

Search Twitter - twitter crashing
Log in Sign up Search Refresh Nine News Australia @ 9NewsAUS 33m . @U2 ’s Bono will require surgery after crashing his bicycle in New York City’s ...

11/10/2014 Duluth MN Car's Crashing In the Winter Storm - YouTube
Amazing footage of the Winter Storm as it impacts Duluth, Minnesota causing dangerous road conditions, which resulted in multiple accidents in ...

Paraglider dies after crashing into Yanchep home
A 22-year-old man died after his paraglider crashed into a home in Yanchep on Monday afternoon.

Satellite Pictures Of The Empty Chinese Cities Where Home Prices Are Crashing
The long-predicted crash has arrived with a vengeance in China’s original ghost city. Click here to see satellite pictures > Home prices have ...

Truck tips after crashing into Ferrars Street rail bridge in South Melbourne
City Road has reopened after a semi-trailer truck that slammed into a bridge and rolled onto its side in South Melbourne was removed from the ...

Hang-glider Adam Parer dies after crashing into a house at Newcastle
A HANG-GLIDER died after he hit powerlines and crashed into a glass partition of a home in Newcastle yesterday.

Letter rip! Anglesea Postie's air-mail delivery comes crashing down
A thrill-seeking postman who was filmed launching his small motorbike off a jump during the morning mail round has ended his career with a bang. ...

Elderly woman dies after crashing into tree in Dumbleyung
A woman in her 80s has died after crashing into a tree in Dumbleyung on Thursday.

Safari on iOS and Mac crashing today for many users, bug related to Safari Suggestions
... iPad and Mac. For many users, simply tapping in the URL bar will cause the browser app to crash completely. The exact issue causing the crashing ...