Delphi .net C# no Visual Components?

Hello, I am used to Delphi with VCL components and VS with Component Pallete.  I hve a need to modify a project that is in C# ( they say .net) but it is a C# project, and when I load it I get code screens only, no form or tool pallete and everything must be built thru code.  Is this normal for C#, seems even if I start a new project it it has not visual dev tools.  Can anyone shed some light on this?
0
Jack

Jack Fitchett wrote:

> Hello, I am used to Delphi with VCL components and VS with Component
> Pallete.  I hve a need to modify a project that is in C# ( they say .net)
> but it is a C# project, and when I load it I get code screens only, no form
> or tool pallete and everything must be built thru code.  Is this normal for
> C#, seems even if I start a new project it it has not visual dev tools.
> Can anyone shed some light on this?

It would help if you could confirm what you are using to open the project and
which version of .net it is using. If you are using any BDS/Rad Studio IDE to
open a recent C# WinForms project you will have a problem.

BDS 2005/2006 had a WinForms designer, but they did not support .NET 2.

In .NET 2, MS introduced partial classes which allow the class definition to
be split between two files. The WinForms designer then uses a different file
to the main file for a form. Rad Studio 2007 supported .NET 2 but dropped
support for WinForms so it was not good for C# projects.

If it is a .NET 2 C# project you will have to use VS to get a form designer.

Eric
0
Eric

Delphi .NET C# and Visual Studio C# projects
Can any of the projects between the two C# developments interchangeable? Any tip or recommendation is greatly appreciated. Thanks Andrew Andrew Diabo wrote: > Can any of the projects between the two C# developments interchangeable? Any > tip or recommendation is greatly appreciated. I don't understand you. Do you mean C#Builder (C# personality) projects? C# Personality in C#Builder 1.0, Delphi 2005 and Delphi 2006 can import Visual Studio 2003 projects to BDS project format (simply open the csproj file like you open bdsproj) and also export such BDS projects to...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

FIX: The IntelliSense feature for a Visual C# .NET project stops working in the Visual Studio .NET IDE
Ever got mad because your IntelliSense disappeared? Microsoft finally heard you: http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_838470.aspx or: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838470 MCSD, MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD .NET, MSF Practitioner...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

Api to skydrive delphi or delphi.net
Dear Good afternoon ... Does anyone have any idea or some documentation on how to implement or delphi.net via delphi api to access skydrive files. Thank you for your help. ...

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

ASP.NET Question-Delphi.net and Microsoft C#
Can lets say I create a web project in MS C# ASP.NET lets say it has one page Math.aspx this project be used in a Delphi .NET ASP.NET Project.....If so how is this done???...

Activex Componants, Visual Studio.net and C#.net
As part of a university project i have to a create an activex componant that times the download of a file of known size. This is so that my website can measure the bandwidth of any client machine that accesses it.I am coding my website in C#.net using visual studio.net 2003, i have never used activex before and am unsure of how to link my web site to an activex componant let alone code the activex componant.Below i have wrote an algorithm of what i believe the activex componant will do. I am unsure of whether this is correct.Start downloadStart timerError = Falsewhile error = false &nbs...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Is it possible to show delphi form in C# or Visual C++ application ?
Hi If i made a from in delphi dll using dll wizard , I can use that form via VCL Forms Application. Do i use delphi form from application made of other languages like VC ++ or C# ? I mean I'd like to use my conpany's lecacy delphi form code from other application instead of making whole form again. Please Let me get some example link or helpful link how to do this.? I am using CodeGear™ RAD Studio 2007 Regards, Park Samuel Park wrote: > Hi > > If i made a from in delphi dll using dll wizard , I can use that > form via VCL Forms Application...

delphi.Net Delphi 2005 Project Upgrades?
Our company aquired the software property from another last year. Most of the projects were written in Delphi 2007. We purchased Delphi XE which gave us access to previous versions, including D 2007... all is well. However, 3 projects were written Delphi 2005 for .Net. The VM we received from this company included D2005 but it was licensed from the previous developer. I've contacted Embarcadero about obtaining a copy and or a license+registration for Delphi 2005 and was told this product is no longer available. I'm under the impression Delphi for .Net was abandoned. My qu...

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

Web resources about - Delphi .net C# no Visual Components? - embarcadero.delphi.ide

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

It’s a new year, and time for the claimed iPhone 7 component photos to begin
Taiwanese site Apple Club has posted what it claims are leaked photos of iPhone 7 components. The photos appear to show the backlight of a new ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

John Ridley Extends ABC Studios Deal For Three More Years; Film Component Added
John Ridley and his production arm, International Famous Players Radio Picture Corporation, have extended their first-look deal with ABC Studios ...

Taiwan panel makers calling on China government for component tariff reductions
Panel makers in Taiwan are calling on the China government to allow for zero tariffs on panel components due to Taiwan's weakening panel supply ...

Teflon Component Tied to Kids' Weight Gain
PFOA, a main component of Teflon, has been linked to increased body fat and faster weight gain in children.