Delphi IDE version

We have a help, about form with various info.
I already have the Application version on here.
I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our latest version.
Rather than hard coding in the code, is there a runtme option that returns the Delphi IDE version that app was created with?
0
Larry

"Larry Wall" wrote in message news:626381@forums.embarcadero.com...
> We have a help, about form with various info.
> I already have the Application version on here.
> I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our
> latest version.
> Rather than hard coding in the code, is there a runtme option that returns
> the Delphi IDE version that app was created with?

Nothing at runtime that I know of, but maybe someone else knows something.

The only thing I know of that can help you are the compile-time version
defs. For example:

const
{$IfDef VER150}
     IDEVersion = 'Delphi 7';
[.etc...]
{$Else IfDef VER230}
     IDEVersion = 'XE2';
{$Else IfDef VER240}
     IDEVersion = 'XE3';
[.. etc..]
 {$EndIf}

Of course you only need to begin with the earliest version you are currently
using, if that is XE2 then you don't need to test anything earlier, but will
have to keep adding another $else for each new version you use. Best to
place this into a separate unit of its own.

--
Wayne Niddery (TeamB)
"You know what they call alternative medicine that has been proven to work?
Larry Wall wrote:

> We have a help, about form with various info.
> I already have the Application version on here.
> I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our
> latest version.  Rather than hard coding in the code, is there a
> runtme option that returns the Delphi IDE version that app was
> created with?

See http://www.monien.net/delphi-compilerrtlvcl-version-overview/

The System unit offers RTLVersion and CompilerVersion constants, but
there is no function to turn that into a string holding the IDE "Name"
like "Delphi XE2".

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0