Delphi IDE crashes

Hello,

I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and crashes and crashes.
I've opened a QN but they can't figure it out and redirected us to the http://support.embarcadero.com Page. But we dont have a support agreement with Embarcadero so I ask here.

Here is the link to the QN: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=89563

In short words: The IDE crashes during an oepration like CTRL + Mouseclick at a variable or something like that. If the ide is crashed you can simply open delphi again and again and agian. And it will crashes evertime you use CTRL + mouseclick. But sometime ago the function will work properly again.

The IDE also crashes if I use CTRL + D, CTRL + Shift + F, and so on.

It dont crashing at every action but it crashes for about 10 to 30 times a day.

Reinstall didnt help anything.

With Best Regards
Uwe Graßhoff
0
Utf

Uwe Graßhoff wrote:

> I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and
> crashes and crashes.

Do you have any thirparty IDE experts installed? If yes then unistall
those to see does it make difference.

ain
0
Ain
11/30/2010 2:15:54 PM
> {quote:title=Ain Valtin wrote:}{quote}
> Uwe Graßhoff wrote:
>
> > I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and
> > crashes and crashes.
>
> Do you have any thirparty IDE experts installed? If yes then unistall
> those to see does it make difference.
>

> ain

Yes Im using CnWIzard. But the crashes also occurs without any third party plugins.
0
Utf
11/30/2010 2:56:42 PM
Nobody any idea?
0
Utf
12/10/2010 9:32:45 AM
> {quote:title=Uwe Graßhoff wrote:}{quote}
> Nobody any idea?

I've had similar issues with Delphi XE. (see thread XE "IDE crashes after parsing popup" ) where it crashes when trying to do a search. I don't seem to have got any way of stopping it happening. It didn't happen to me with 2010, but it might be related to my XE problem.

What I seem to have pinned down is :

- the cause appears to be when it's run when the TEMP folder does not have enough space, damage is done somehow to the installation, I've no idea what, perhaps some temporary structure is corrupted ?

- running the install, followed by repair seems to consistently fix the problem (and gives time to make post on this forum) in a few minutes.

Tenuous, I know, but it's all I've got at the moment, and this has been happening for a few weeks.
0
Mark
12/17/2010 11:04:37 AM
> {quote:title=Mark Gorst wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Uwe Graßhoff wrote:}{quote}
> > Nobody any idea?
>
> I've had similar issues with Delphi XE. (see thread XE "IDE crashes after parsing popup" ) where it crashes when trying to do a search. I don't seem to have got any way of stopping it happening. It didn't happen to me with 2010, but it might be related to my XE problem.
>
> What I seem to have pinned down is :
>
> - the cause appears to be when it's run when the TEMP folder does not have enough space, damage is done somehow to the installation, I've no idea what, perhaps some temporary structure is corrupted ?
>
> - running the install, followed by repair seems to consistently fix the problem (and gives time to make post on this forum) in a few minutes.
>
> Tenuous, I know, but it's all I've got at the moment, and this has been happening for a few weeks.

Hello Mark,

last Week I installed a trial Version of Delphi XE and. For now no more crashes occurs with Delphi XE. I startetd Delphi 2010 for fun and it doesn't takes 5 minutes to crash ....
I used the repair installation in the last few weeks a lot. But it didn't helped.
0
Utf

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi XE3 IDE Crash
I would like to know if I'm the only one to suffer the constant crash of the IDE of DXE3! After about an hour of use the IDE starts to become unstable, and crashes systematically when I double-click on the Project manager window to switch to a form or a unit! Ther are also other types of crashes but that is the most systematic and actually makes the system unusable because even restart Delphi on the first or second new click it crash again! Only restarting the PC (WIN7) I can become to work quiet for about an hour! In the system I installed a few third-party components, only Jedi, Fas...

IDE crash with Delphi 2009
Hi, I recently bought Delphi 2009 and tried upgrading a rather big project. However, the IDE completely disappears every time I try to compile. After a few hours of debugging I found the offensive code and noticed there is already a QC for it: http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=66966 However, such a huge bug has not made it into SP1. This is really a show stopper for me, as I can't compile my program; finding all the instances of my code that crash the compiler would take me a really long time which I do not want to invest, as I hope this bug will eventually get fixed. ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 5 IDE Crashes on startup
i came into work today to find that Delphi32.exe crashes with an access violation (0xC0000005) on startup. A binary diff of my Delphi installation with a colleagues finds no differences in delphi32.exe Debugging delphi32.exe finds it crashes while inside it's own internal call to TApplication.ProcessMessage, calling DispatchMessage (just after the call to translate message). The message it's dispatching to Windows that triggers an access violation is: msg: $0503 hwnd: 2903E0 wParam=0 lParam=0 The tail of the stack trace is: Vcl50.Forms::TA...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi XE8 Random IDE crashes
For the first time in recent memory, my Delphi IDE is just plain unstable. I'm using XE8 Update 1 and of course, with /NOCASTALIA. I have removed everything I can from Delphi and still use it (no IDE plugins, etc). I've only recently begun using XE8 (as in the last few weeks.) I am only working with VCL projects. Obviously this is not a place to post bug reports. But even if it were, I couldn't. When the IDE crashes, there is NO useful information. When I distribute my own applications, I use MadExcept so that users can provide me with useful information if some...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi 2009 IDE crashes on exception EParseError
I have installed Delphi 2009 on a Windows XP machine and got latest updates Very often (became impossible to work !) the IDE silently crashed when I was just browsing a source code. I ran a second IDE instance to debug the other one, and could catch this when the first crashed : "The bds.exe project has raised the exception class EParseError with message ")' expected but FUNCTION found'" This looks to be a bug in the IDE : it does not handled that exception for some obscure reason. I succeeded to continue to work with it, disabling some options but that's only a...

Opendialog crashes while running in IDE (delphi 2007)
Opendialog has started crashing while running in IDE. A new app with just a button and an opendialog will do it. It works fine when running the app outside the IDE. The old style dialog box is displayed. The crash always happens if I click the dropdown, which causes a bunch of DLLs to be loaded. I have done a complete scan with Bitdefender but it found nothing. The event log shows a string of errors like this: Debug Output: *** EXCEPTION *** Exception Information: Code = 0xC0000005 Address = 0x00000000 Exception caught at: File = ptstrwide.c Line = 2098 Process TestDialogBug...

Delphi 2007 Pro
I've recently reinstalled Windows XP and Delphi and on 1 project whenever I have a particular frame open Delphi crashes with an unhandled Windows Exception, code=0xc0000005, after several minutes. This frame does contain an OpenGL component but I didn't have any problem before and my colleagues (using Vista) don't have this problem. I've tried switching to from docked to classic view, and unembedding the VCL Designer without any change. It even crashes when the frame is not being displayed. Any fixes other then only editing the code in another editor? Mitch ...

HTMLHelpViewer causing crash on close when run through IDE (Delphi 2010)
I have a problem adding the HTMLHelpViewer unit to my project. This was a conversion from Delphi 6, where a different unit was used to implement the HTMLHelp. Converting to Delphi 2010, I've removed the old unit and added HTMLHelpViewer to the project and the help pings up great when you hit F1. But....when running through the IDE, windows 7 reports that the application has stopped working (details below). I've tracked down the problem I'm having to the SoftShutDown call of THTMLHelpViewer called through finalization. If I exclude the HTMLHelpViewer unit from the project then I...

Web resources about - Delphi IDE crashes - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Lightning Crashes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Lightning Crashes " is a song by the rock band Live , from their 1994 album, Throwing Copper . The track wasn't released as a single in the ...

When New York Times website crashes, newspaper turns to Facebook Notes
When The New York Times’ website suffered some downtime Wednesday because of technical issues, the newspaper turned to Facebook Notes to post ...

Zimbabwe Bull Elephant Crashes Into Tourists at Mana Pools - YouTube
As we were eating brunch an elephant was eating pods off of the ground and as it approached we were told to stay very still, which we did. To ...

Facebook crashes in rare global outage
Users in the UAE were unable to access Facebook after it crashed just after midday on Thursday.

Escape Fail of the Day: Perp Crashes Getaway Car, Demolishes Building
I guess you could call this Car-ma? A woman in Kansas City drove a stolen SUV into a building last week while being chased by police. Not only ...

Man crashes car doing burnouts allegedly twice over limit at Port Pirie - AdelaideNow Search Search
A MAN was arrested after allegedly doing burnouts while almost two times over the limit and crashing into a fence at Port Pirie.

Kangaroos cause two crashes near Bendigo
One driver swerved, the other collided with a kangaroo in separate accidents near Bendigo.

Road toll rises to 14 after two more fatal crashes
Ten people have now died on NSW roads this holidays after fatal car and motorcycle crashes on Tuesday.

Plane crash: Light plane crashes at Norwell, Gold Coast - The Courier-Mail Search Search
THE daughter of a man killed in a joy flight tragedy south of Brisbane this morning was at the hangar when the plane crashed, police said.