Delphi IDE crashes

Hello,

I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and crashes and crashes.
I've opened a QN but they can't figure it out and redirected us to the http://support.embarcadero.com Page. But we dont have a support agreement with Embarcadero so I ask here.

Here is the link to the QN: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=89563

In short words: The IDE crashes during an oepration like CTRL + Mouseclick at a variable or something like that. If the ide is crashed you can simply open delphi again and again and agian. And it will crashes evertime you use CTRL + mouseclick. But sometime ago the function will work properly again.

The IDE also crashes if I use CTRL + D, CTRL + Shift + F, and so on.

It dont crashing at every action but it crashes for about 10 to 30 times a day.

Reinstall didnt help anything.

With Best Regards
Uwe Graßhoff
0
Utf

Uwe Graßhoff wrote:

> I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and
> crashes and crashes.

Do you have any thirparty IDE experts installed? If yes then unistall
those to see does it make difference.

ain
0
Ain
11/30/2010 2:15:54 PM
> {quote:title=Ain Valtin wrote:}{quote}
> Uwe Graßhoff wrote:
>
> > I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and
> > crashes and crashes.
>
> Do you have any thirparty IDE experts installed? If yes then unistall
> those to see does it make difference.
>

> ain

Yes Im using CnWIzard. But the crashes also occurs without any third party plugins.
0
Utf
11/30/2010 2:56:42 PM
Nobody any idea?
0
Utf
12/10/2010 9:32:45 AM
> {quote:title=Uwe Graßhoff wrote:}{quote}
> Nobody any idea?

I've had similar issues with Delphi XE. (see thread XE "IDE crashes after parsing popup" ) where it crashes when trying to do a search. I don't seem to have got any way of stopping it happening. It didn't happen to me with 2010, but it might be related to my XE problem.

What I seem to have pinned down is :

- the cause appears to be when it's run when the TEMP folder does not have enough space, damage is done somehow to the installation, I've no idea what, perhaps some temporary structure is corrupted ?

- running the install, followed by repair seems to consistently fix the problem (and gives time to make post on this forum) in a few minutes.

Tenuous, I know, but it's all I've got at the moment, and this has been happening for a few weeks.
0
Mark
12/17/2010 11:04:37 AM
> {quote:title=Mark Gorst wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Uwe Graßhoff wrote:}{quote}
> > Nobody any idea?
>
> I've had similar issues with Delphi XE. (see thread XE "IDE crashes after parsing popup" ) where it crashes when trying to do a search. I don't seem to have got any way of stopping it happening. It didn't happen to me with 2010, but it might be related to my XE problem.
>
> What I seem to have pinned down is :
>
> - the cause appears to be when it's run when the TEMP folder does not have enough space, damage is done somehow to the installation, I've no idea what, perhaps some temporary structure is corrupted ?
>
> - running the install, followed by repair seems to consistently fix the problem (and gives time to make post on this forum) in a few minutes.
>
> Tenuous, I know, but it's all I've got at the moment, and this has been happening for a few weeks.

Hello Mark,

last Week I installed a trial Version of Delphi XE and. For now no more crashes occurs with Delphi XE. I startetd Delphi 2010 for fun and it doesn't takes 5 minutes to crash ....
I used the repair installation in the last few weeks a lot. But it didn't helped.
0
Utf