Delphi default data controls

Hi everybody! Found nowhere in the internet and in the menu (options etc) how to change the default data controls at Delphi. I mean that if you drop a Table in DataModule and add fields to it and then drag-drop the fields into a form, delphi automatically produces the components on the form e.g. a tlabel and a tdbedit control for string fields. From where I can change this behavior in order to select other components (e.g. Devexpress)?

Thanks a lot.

PS: Delphi version XE2
-1
NIKOLAOS

NIKOLAOS VRACHIOLIS wrote:
> Hi everybody! Found nowhere in the internet and in the menu (options etc) how to change the default data controls at Delphi. I mean that if you drop a Table in DataModule and add fields to it and then drag-drop the fields into a form, delphi automatically produces the components on the form e.g. a tlabel and a tdbedit control for string fields. From where I can change this behavior in order to select other components (e.g. Devexpress)?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> PS: Delphi version XE2

You can't.  That is a feature of the designer that is not configurable AFAIK.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> NIKOLAOS VRACHIOLIS wrote:
> > Hi everybody! Found nowhere in the internet and in the menu (options etc) how to change the default data controls at Delphi. I mean that if you drop a Table in DataModule and add fields to it and then drag-drop the fields into a form, delphi automatically produces the components on the form e.g. a tlabel and a tdbedit control for string fields. From where I can change this behavior in order to select other components (e.g. Devexpress)?
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> >

> > PS: Delphi version XE2
>
> You can't.  That is a feature of the designer that is not configurable AFAIK.
>
> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>               (Fish)

Jeff, I am afraid you are not right. Because by default delphi using default data controls, after I Install devexpress uses devexpress controls (cx...). So from somewhere can be changed. The matter is from where?
-1
NIKOLAOS
6/18/2013 3:58:55 PM
NIKOLAOS VRACHIOLIS wrote:
>> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
>> NIKOLAOS VRACHIOLIS wrote:
>>> Hi everybody! Found nowhere in the internet and in the menu (options etc) how to change the default data controls at Delphi. I mean that if you drop a Table in DataModule and add fields to it and then drag-drop the fields into a form, delphi automatically produces the components on the form e.g. a tlabel and a tdbedit control for string fields. From where I can change this behavior in order to select other components (e.g. Devexpress)?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot.
>>>

>>> PS: Delphi version XE2
>> You can't.  That is a feature of the designer that is not configurable AFAIK.
>>

> Jeff, I am afraid you are not right. Because by default delphi using default data controls, after I Install devexpress uses devexpress controls (cx...). So from somewhere can be changed. The matter is from where?

You can only change it by overriding design time elements.  It is not
configurable from the IDE is what I meant.  Without knowing which component
overrides it I would not know were to dig into the Dev Express code to try and
find it for you, but you would have to write a design time package and register
your won.  There is not IDE configuration for that that I am aware of.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> NIKOLAOS VRACHIOLIS wrote:
> >> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}

> >> You can't.  That is a feature of the designer that is not configurable AFAIK.
> >>

> > Jeff, I am afraid you are not right. Because by default delphi using default data controls, after I Install devexpress uses devexpress controls (cx...). So from somewhere can be changed. The matter is from where?
>
> You can only change it by overriding design time elements.  It is not
> configurable from the IDE is what I meant.  Without knowing which component
> overrides it I would not know were to dig into the Dev Express code to try and
> find it for you, but you would have to write a design time package and register
> your won.  There is not IDE configuration for that that I am aware of.
>
> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>               (Fish)

Unfortunately there is not at the IDE. I search one by one the options many times. I have installed a package that contains data controls and I want that controls to use, but when I drag & drop devexpress components are placed.
1
NIKOLAOS
6/19/2013 6:37:51 AM
maybe not useful, but...

<NIKOLAOS VRACHIOLIS> wrote in message news:588694@forums.embarcadero.com...

> Unfortunately there is not at the IDE. I search one by one the options
> many times. I have installed a package that contains data controls and I
> want that controls to use, but when I drag & drop devexpress components
> are placed.

you might investigate whether you can hack GExperts, combining
functionalities of the 'rename components', and 'replace components' to
possibly result in the controls you desire winding up on the form, rather
than whatever the IDE is currently placing there by default...
1
david
6/19/2013 1:17:59 PM
> {quote:title=david hoke wrote:}{quote}
> maybe not useful, but...
>
> <NIKOLAOS VRACHIOLIS> wrote in message news:588694@forums.embarcadero.com...
> >
> > Unfortunately there is not at the IDE. I search one by one the options
> > many times. I have installed a package that contains data controls and I
> > want that controls to use, but when I drag & drop devexpress components
> > are placed.
>
> you might investigate whether you can hack GExperts, combining
> functionalities of the 'rename components', and 'replace components' to
> possibly result in the controls you desire winding up on the form, rather
> than whatever the IDE is currently placing there by default...

David it was quite useful, for some components such Labels works fine! At life you can't have it all anyway... nor in Delphi :-)

Thanks a lot for your help!
-1
NIKOLAOS

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 2010: AV when switching from Default to debug layout and when closing Delphi
Hello, I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default to the Debug Layout (e.g. when starting the application) or when closing Delphi 2010. I have a bunch of Addins (Modelmaker Code Explorer, EurekaLog, DDevExtensions, JCL, etc...), components installed. Any ideas/tools to possibly track down where the culprit is? Possibly simply an addin in combination with docked windows etc. Thanks, Thomas > {quote:title=Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:}{quote} > I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default > to the Debug Layout (...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Web resources about - Delphi default data controls - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Otway fire still out of control but no threat to Falls Festival
Firefighters are battling to contain an out-of-control Great Otway National Park fire ahead of an expected hot and windy weather spike on Christmas ...

Review: Sugr Cube, the cute wooden portable AirPlay speaker with gesture controls
... rarer, pretty ones even rarer and the Sugr Cube goes one step further in its bid to stand out from the crowd: it offers gesture-based control. ...

You can control this family’s Christmas lights over the Internet
... Horrible disaster waiting to happen? You be the judge. You've never met Ken or Rebecca-Ellen and you probably never will. But you can control ...

This is how Amazon is taking control of delivery – and taking it away from UPS
As Amazon searches for ways to speed up delivery, the company this year made big strides toward cutting out the middle man and establishing a ...

Virginia AG Ends Concealed Reciprocity with 25 States for Lack of Gun Control
Virginia AG Ends Concealed Carry Reciprocity With 25 States For Lack Of Gun Control

You can control this family's Christmas lights over the internet and the results are mesmerising
... as they see fit. Visitors are greeted with a live webcam of the Fairbanks, Alaska house — pictured above — as well as a bank of controls for ...

Afghan officials: Key district besieged by Taliban still under state control
"Taliban rumors that they have captured the district are not true," says local official trapped for 3 days before government reinforcements arrived ...

Kurt Russell Doubles Down: ‘Gun Control Won’t Stop Terrorists’
Kurt Russell Doubles Down: ‘Gun Control Won’t Stop Terrorists’

How Sepp Blatter Lost Control Of His Monster
If Sepp Blatter could take a step back and look at the bigger picture, forgetting for a moment that today’s eight-year ban from all soccer activities ...