delphi can create .obj or C++ header files too?

the question is the topic.

im inside delphi > Dynamic Link Library >
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1802543/shots/delphi.png
0
Goga

Goga Goge wrote:

> the question is the topic.
>
> im inside delphi > Dynamic Link Library >
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1802543/shots/delphi.png

Yes, for use with C++Builder. It is not C++Builder or its compiler that
generates headers and .obj files, it is the Delphi compiler that does
this. If you look at the command line options for DCC32, you'll see,
among many other options, something like:

  -JPHNE = Generate C++ .obj file, .hpp file, in namespace, export all

This option set corresponds to the options in the IDE.

--
Rudy Velthuis

"Mit der Dummheit k‰mpfen Gˆtter selbst vergebens"
"Against stupidity the (very) gods themselves contend in vain"
 -- Friedrich von Schiller
0
Rudy
8/25/2012 1:08:06 PM
ok. lets say i want to make a header in delphi that can be used in C++ and C# later on.
is there any other headers i can use instead of just DLL?
a common header for all of those?
0
Goga
8/25/2012 1:39:12 PM
Goga Goge wrote:
> ok. lets say i want to make a header in delphi that can be used in C++ and C# later on.
> is there any other headers i can use instead of just DLL?
> a common header for all of those?

The headers and obj/lib files generated by the Delphi compiler are only usable
by the BCC compiler.  It will use extensions no in the general C++ langauge so
unlikely to work with other compilers, the obj format will also be OMF, but VC++
wants COFF so even if the headers works, the binary format would not for static
linking.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
Goga Goge wrote:

> ok. lets say i want to make a header in delphi that can be used in
> C++ and C# later on.

C# does not use headers. You can make a header to be used with C++,
indeed.

  is there any other headers i can use instead of
> just DLL?  a common header for all of those?

Now you are throughly confusing me.

A header is a text file, with extension .h or .hpp, which mainly
contains declarations and can be included in a C or C++ source file.

C# does not use such headers, it reads info from the assemblies
(special DLLs for .NET) it references. C++ and C do use headers, but
can't read info from assemblies.

So well, I am not sure what you are asking for.

--
Rudy Velthuis

"To iterate is human, to recurse divine." -- L. Peter Deutsch
0
Rudy

converting delphi interface files to c++ header files?
Good day all If you would all be so kind and bear with me: i'm rather new in this and i've never worked with Delphi. I have a project in c++ that uses a bunch of dll-s written in delphi. Those dll.s came with a bunch of .INT files, who are aparently pascal(delphi) interface files. Now. Is there a way to convert them to something remotely looking like c++ header files? Thank you very much Best regards > {quote:title=Luka Sostar wrote:}{quote} > Good day all > > If you would all be so kind and bear with me: i'm rather new in this and i've never work...

C/C++ header in delphi project
Hello, I have client dll for comunication with electronic (card with chip) driver license, but manufacturer give me only header for C/C++ and they don't know for Delphi, C#,... So, can I implement .h files into my Delphi projects or is there any solution how to translate this file to pas file for communication with DLL files for those cards. Here is original .h file: // --------------------------------- // #ifndef __eVehicleRegistrationAPI_h__ #define __eVehicleRegistrationAPI_h__ // --------------------------------- #ifndef SD_API #define SD_API extern "C&...

Delphi 2010 IDE can not open file or project (no reponse)
Hi there I have a strange problem with my Delphi 2010. I can not Open File or Open Projects. when pressing this buttons there is no response from delphi. (but i can open new project r file and i also can open the project from favorite list) Thanks Roni ...

Can I use a components package created in C++ inside a Delphi form?
Hello, I recently created a component package, containing many controls, that I'm commonly using for my forms and projects. This package was written in C++, using RAD Studio XE7 C++ Builder. All the controls inside this package inherit from some VCL components, written in Delphi, and cohabitation has never been a problem. Until now, I always used these components in C++ projects, and in this context, I never experimented problems with that. But now, I need to write a Delphi form. There is no alternative, I MUST write a Delphi form. So, I created a new Delphi form project, and I notic...

C/C++ header from Delphi DLL project
I am currently writing a DLL in Delphi XE7 (64-bit) to be called from LabView. This is working fine, but it is cumbersome (and thus prone to errors) to create the LabView function, since it all has to be done by hand. If I could automatically create C header files from my Delphi project, there is a wizard in LabView that can read these and do most of the work for you. According to the Delphi documentation you can turn "C/C++ Output file generation" on but it only appears to work for Delphi packages and not for plain DLL's. Am I missing something? If not, is there any other han...

Error in Generating C++ objs [Delphi to C++]
Ok I have the foll files, only 3: a .dcu file a .pas file a .dcr file is there any way I can generate C++ .lib files(for Linker error) and .hpp file? P.S. I tried adding .pas & .dcr to Package with "Generate all C++ headers (incl package libraries)" enabled under Delphi Compiler but got the foll errors: (Only 1, to be short, in the last line, rest are either Warnings or Inherited from the same) {code} [DCC Warning] ZipVCL.pas(246): W1005 Unit 'FileCtrl' is specific to a platform [DCC Error] ZipVCL.pas(1108): E2010 Incompatible types: 'AnsiChar' and...

How can I create a nsIOutputStream for a local file in c/c++
Hi, Can you please tell me how can I create a nsIOutputStream for a local file in c/c++? I see this example, but I am not sure how can I specify the file to be a local file say '/home/test/myfile.txt'? http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.9.1/source/netwerk/protocol/file/src/nsFileChannel.cpp#345 nsCOMPtr<nsIOutputStream> fileStream; 346 rv = NS_NewLocalFileOutputStream(getter_AddRefs(fileStream), file, 347 PR_WRONLY | PR_CREATE_FILE | PR_TRUNCATE, 348 PR_IRUSR | PR_IWUSR); meryl <s...

Can Delphi for iOS can create facebook-like sidepanel?
I was looking on this Cocoa control that allows to have the sliding sidebar on the left. https://www.cocoacontrols.com/controls/jasidepanels Can I do something similar with Delphi/Firemonkey? > {quote:title=George Karras wrote:}{quote} > I was looking on this Cocoa control that allows to have the sliding sidebar on the left. > https://www.cocoacontrols.com/controls/jasidepanels > > Can I do something similar with Delphi/Firemonkey? This might help: http://www.delphifeeds.com/go/s/103536 Thank you so much! ...

Mixed project C++/Delphi compiles all C++ files (XE5)
I just wonder if I am doing something wrong, but it seems like XE5 compiles too many files all the time... If I make a small change in one of the Delphi units in my mixed project and then want to check it out so I hit debug run (F9), then instead of just compiling the Delphi unit and link it all, XE5 always builds the complete project, which takes a good minute or more. The change could be as small as making a line break after a then statement, which does not even need to be recompiled since there is no active code change... Debugging in this environment makes me nervous, I am forge...

how to compile c# file and create .dll that can be link with aspx file?
I got problem : Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MyNameSpace' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) when when running the aspx file which supposedly link with .dll file. However the the namespace specified in aspx file can not be detected. The namespace is actually in the .dll file. I have compile the C# file using this command line csc /t:library /out:myclass.dll myclass.cs Is it correct ? However when i try use page src directive in the aspx file with myclass.cs .... it work. The problem just appear aft...

Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?
Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same computer or will they interfer with each other? I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) when installing 2009? Lorne Anderson wrote: > Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same > computer or will they interfer with each other? > > I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) > when installing 2009? It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first. As for folders, the root folde...

Can I update my Delphi 2007 lincense to Delphi 2009?
Hi all!! I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. Are there any reason for that? Can I update my version of Delphi? > {quote:title=Oscar Estevez wrote:}{quote} > Hi all!! > > I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. > Are there any reason for that? > > Can I update my version of Delphi? ...

Delphi IDE and .INI files
Hi, I've recently upgraded to Delphi XE and am currently in a process of porting source code from Delphi 7 to XE. One minor irritation that I've run into is that the Delphi XE IDE opens an .ini file that's part of a project as hex. Delphi 7 didn't behave this way -- it simply opened the .ini file as a text file for editing. Is there an option somewhere that I've missed to get Delphi XE to treat .ini files the same way Delphi 7 did? Many thanks, Walter Prins Walter Prins wrote: > Hi, > > I've recently upgraded to Delphi XE and am currently...

Web resources about - delphi can create .obj or C++ header files too? - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Domestic firms eye Delphi
BizChina offers latest business and market information of China, online updates of 17 industries, investment guides, business events and industry ...

Official: Verizon's Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi now on sale for $250
Filed under: Technology Partnering with Verizon Wireless, Delphi Automotive has released its Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi product that allows ...