Delphi 5 - cannot access Project | Options from IDE menu

Hello,

I'm working on a legacy app in Delphi 5, suddenly I'm getting a crash
when trying to access project options from the menu, in fact this
happens now even when starting a new project.

Has anyone seen this before and can offer a fix ?  Thanks...

JT

Here is the madexcept dump:

command line      : "C:\Program
Files\Borland\Delphi5\Bin\delphi32.exe" -ns -np
executable        : delphi32.exe
current module    : madExcept_.bpl
exec. date/time   : 2000-01-24 05:01
version           : 5.0.6.18
compiled with     : Delphi 5
madExcept version : 3.0h
callstack crc     : $0012f9cb, $4d9489e6, $4d9489e6
exception number  : 1
exception class   : EAccessViolation
exception message : Access violation at address 0012F9CB. Write of address
0012F9CB.

main thread ($1550):
0012f9cb +000 ???
75aa7b1e +011 kernel32.dll              EnumSystemLocalesA
4001490e +04e Vcl50.bpl    Sysutils     TLanguages.Create
40014a94 +010 Vcl50.bpl    Sysutils     Languages
5215f5c5 +021 CorIde50.bpl Versioninfo
TVersionInfoPage.VersionInfoPageCreate
40003ab4 +008 Vcl50.bpl    System       TObject.Free
4036d745 +031 VCLIDE50.bpl Idepropsheet TPropertySheet.AfterConstruction
40003e93 +003 Vcl50.bpl    System       @AfterConstruction
76e399cb +02b ntdll.dll                 KiUserCallbackDispatcher
4036ddc1 +0fd VCLIDE50.bpl Idepropsheet
TPropertySheetControl.PropertySheetChanged
4036dadd +011 VCLIDE50.bpl Idepropsheet TPropertySheets.Update
40026fae +00a Vcl50.bpl    Classes      TCollection.Changed
4002701f +003 Vcl50.bpl    Classes      TCollection.EndUpdate
001448a1 +145 dphide50.bpl Pasprojopts  TProjOptsManager.InternalEdit
001444fd +059 dphide50.bpl Pasprojopts  TProjOptsManager.Edit
00147239 +005 dphide50.bpl Pasprojopts  TProjectOptions.Edit
4003126b +00f Vcl50.bpl    Classes      TBasicAction.Execute
4004cd29 +031 Vcl50.bpl    Actnlist     TContainedAction.Execute
4004d5fe +012 Vcl50.bpl    Actnlist     TCustomAction.Execute
40031174 +008 Vcl50.bpl    Classes      TBasicActionLink.Execute
4006201d +051 Vcl50.bpl    Menus        TMenuItem.Click
40063447 +013 Vcl50.bpl    Menus        TMenu.DispatchCommand
400642a6 +082 Vcl50.bpl    Menus        TPopupList.WndProc
400641f5 +01d Vcl50.bpl    Menus        TPopupList.MainWndProc
75a15a27 +00a user32.dll                DispatchMessageA
4005aa87 +083 Vcl50.bpl    Forms        TApplication.ProcessMessage
4005aabe +00a Vcl50.bpl    Forms        TApplication.HandleMessage
4005acc9 +081 Vcl50.bpl    Forms        TApplication.Run
75ae490f +010 kernel32.dll              BaseThreadInitThunk
0
John

Hello John,

I am not sure whether you still looking for answer to your question. Just today I figured out the solution that I am sharing with you. Hope this helps.

1. Click Start
2. Select Control Panel
3. Select System
4. Click the Advanced tab
5. In the Performance region select Settings
6. Click the Data Execute tab in the dialog box that opens
7. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except for those I select
8. Click Add.
9. The open dialog box will open. Browse and select your application. (Which in this case is Delphi32.exe)
10. Click Open
11. Click Apply
12. Click Ok
13. Reboot (if needed)

Warm Regards,
Kiran.
0
Kiran

Delphi 5
Hello all, I have a legacy app that I have to use Delphi 5 for, the IDE is suddenly telling me AV when trying to access project options, in fact this happens with a new project as well. Has anyone seen this and can advise a fix ? I'm tried deleting the .dof and .dsk files to no avail. thanks, JT Here is the madexcept dump when the error occurs... command line : "C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi5\Bin\delphi32.exe" -ns -np executable : delphi32.exe current module : madExcept_.bpl exec. date/time : 2000-01-24 05:01 version : 5.0...

Delphi/IDE: XE7 Project Options Version Info
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_a7b4d.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Screenshot for the thread https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=112046 --JivePart=_a7b4d.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="VersionInfo.PNG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="VersionInfo.PNG" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAeoAAAEcCAYAAAAIpvc+AAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAARnQU1BA...

Delphi/IDE: XE7 Project Options Version Info
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_a7b4d.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Screenshot for the thread https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=112046 --JivePart=_a7b4d.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="VersionInfo.PNG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="VersionInfo.PNG" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAeoAAAEcCAYAAAAIpvc+AAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAARnQU1BA...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Problem with Delphi 5 IDE
I have a delphi 5 program that makes the following function call: BroadcastSystemMessage(BSF_NOHANG or BSF_POSTMESSAGE,dword(nil),tSwitchMsg,handle,winmsg_hello); It works if the program is run outside the IDE, but not if it is run inside the IDE. Would anyone know why this is so? Pier ...

Project Manager Delphi 2007 vs Delphi 5
I am in the midst of moving from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007. I have a .BAT file that I use to do some post processing on the executable after it is built. In Delphi 5, I just added the .BAT file to the project manager. Then when I wanted to execute the .BAT file I just right clicked its entry in the project manager and selected Execute. There doesn't seem to be anyway to add the .BAT file to the project manager in Delphi 2007. How can I set up something similar to what I had in Delphi 5? I thought about using a Post Build event but I don't necessarily want to execute the .BAT fi...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 5 IDE Crashes on startup
i came into work today to find that Delphi32.exe crashes with an access violation (0xC0000005) on startup. A binary diff of my Delphi installation with a colleagues finds no differences in delphi32.exe Debugging delphi32.exe finds it crashes while inside it's own internal call to TApplication.ProcessMessage, calling DispatchMessage (just after the call to translate message). The message it's dispatching to Windows that triggers an access violation is: msg: $0503 hwnd: 2903E0 wParam=0 lParam=0 The tail of the stack trace is: Vcl50.Forms::TA...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi 2009 IDE corrupts project file?
I did a build and maybe an install on a Delphi project that is not a design time project. The units in the project have disappear twice now after building the project. I let Delphi convert the project instead of creating a new project and adding the units. Has anyone else had project corruption problems with Delphi 2009? Larry Griffiths ...

Delphi 5 direct access components to SA 5.5
Hello! I am before the choice. Which components set is better for subject? I'd like to ask people who have definitive experience in testing of such components. We have a such number: NativeDB ASADAC ODBCExpress SQLDirect Titan Which is better? Any valid conclusion is very appreciated. Thanks in advance. I haven't tried all of the products you list, but I can recommend NativeDB. It is made specifically for SQL Anywhere, so it supports some features of SQL Anywhere that multi-target middleware does not support. The vendor supports the product very promptl...

Web resources about - Delphi 5 - cannot access Project | Options from IDE menu - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Letters to Nauru: child penpals bond in Befriend A Child In Detention project
Letters written by Preston schoolchildren to children in detention on Nauru have mysteriously disappeared.

Microsoft Office 365 now offers a project management app
Microsoft has announced the release of a preview and testing version of its new lightweight project management application Planner. The application ...

"Middle-class and higher-income parents see their children as projects in need of careful cultivation..." ...
"They try to develop their skills through close supervision and organized activities, and teach children to question authority figures and navigate ...

Kelly Rowland is working on her first music project in years — here's what to expect
Kelly Rowland exclusively told INSIDER that she's working on her first music video in two and half years. "I haven’t said that to anybody, but ...

Divers work to clean up failed Florida reef project from the '70s
Up to two million tires, bundled by metal clips, were dumped to create an artificial reef; but now they're damaging it

$21 Million And 7 Years Later, New Ocean Energy Project Will Imitate Kelp
... under water off the Australia coast, where it will generate electricity from swells $21 Million And 7 Years Later, New Ocean Energy Project ...

Fortune Feimster Upped To Regular On ‘The Mindy Project’
Fortune Feimster , who joined the fourth season of comedy series The Mindy Project as a recurring, has been promoted to series regular. Feimster ...