Delphi 2010 produces much larger binaries than Delphi 2009 [Edit]

When I compile my project with Delphi 2010 the resulting executable is about 30% larger than the one compiled with Delphi 2009. Both binaries are compiled with the same source code and project options. The size of individual DCU files increases by 5-20%.

Has anybody experienced similar results?
Has anybody an idea what could cause this?

It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big.

Best regards,

Joachim

Edited by: Joachim Marder on Sep 25, 2009 6:07 AM
0
Joachim

"Joachim Marder" wrote in message news:166152@forums.codegear.com...
> When I compile my project with Delphi 2010 the resulting executable is
> about 30% larger than the one compiled with Delphi 2009. Both binaries are
> compiled with the same source code and project options. The size of
> individual DCU files increases by 5-20%.
>
> Has anybody experienced similar results?
> Has anybody an idea what could cause this?
>
> It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big.

This is to be an expected increase due to the addition of much more complete
and powerful RTTI.

--
Wayne Niddery (TeamB)
0
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 06:07:19 -0700, Joachim Marder wrote:

> It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big.

This is mostly due to the new RTTI information. If you search the
non-technical forum this has already been discussed several times.

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010
We have decided to move up some applications running under Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010. However, I was surprise to see that simply recompiling the application causes the application to be much slower than version 7. We have a lot of string transformation routines, some mathematical transformations, etc. When I mean slower, I mean up to two times slower than with Delphi 7, so it not a minor difference. (The EXE is also a lot bigger but I don't worry too much about that). Is there something I can do to obtain the same kind of speed I had in Delphi 7 but with Delphi 2010? ...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Is it worth to move my code from Delphi 2009 to Delphi 2010?
Hi guys, we are working on Delphi 2009 till this day because we do not have the time to upgrade our code to the newest version. There is always something more important (features, bugs...) and our code has 2+ million lines. I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast move code to D2010 because it is more or less backward compatible and it shouldn't take me that much of a work. I wanted to ask you about your opinion. Is it a good version to move to? Regards. Dimitrij wrote: > I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast > move ...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

Delphi 2009 (and probably Delphi 2010 as well) and QTP
We have a suite of automatic tests written in QTP (Quick Test Pro - an HP product), and we have just upgraded to Delphi 2009 (I know we are late adopters), and all of these tests no longer work. The plugin that QTP have released does not work with Delphi 2009 - we have that in writing now from HP. Do you know of (a) anyone else in the same boat as us (b) anyone have a work around, as I can't see one and HP don't seem to be too proactive about this. Any help would be appreciated. I just installed D2010. We started using QTP several months ago so I assume we will have the same issu...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Problems
Hi; We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes. So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED. When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right. The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010. The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED). The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme. I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms. How can I solve it? Thanks to...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 produces much larger binaries than Delphi 2009 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Produce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Produce is a generalized term for a group of farm -produced crops and goods, including (but not limited to) fruits and vegetables (i.e. meats, ...

Facebook's Subscribe Button Produces More Traffic Than Twitter Or Google Plus
Facebook's new subscribe button appears to yield more website traffic than either Twitter or Google Plus.

Kevin Spacey to Produce Facebook Movie
... Accidental Billionaires,” the famously embellished story of Facebook’s early days, is coming to the big screen in a movie that will be produced ...

If all cars in the US suddenly become electric, how much more electricity do we need to produce (in percentage) ...
Let's do the math. The US burned 133 billion gallons gasoline in 2012. I'm going to ignore diesel vehicles because the majority of diesel burned ...

App Store - Produce Pro Checkout
Get Produce Pro Checkout on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Produce Department
Explore Anthony Albright's photos on Flickr. Anthony Albright has uploaded 1136 photos to Flickr.

CHRYSTAL METH VILLAGE PRODUCES 1/3 OF CHINA ENTIRE SUPPLY - BBC NEWS - YouTube
Chinese village which produces a 1/3 of China's entire chrystal meth supply and where 20% of residents are involved in its production. Police ...

Fresh push to revive Arab peace initiative produces possible "minor" land swaps
Philly.com Fresh push to revive Arab peace initiative produces possible "minor" land swaps WAM - Emirates News Agency WAM WASHINGTON: The ...

Mawasim Organic Market: fresh produce every Friday at Abu Dhabi’s WTC Mall
The market, launched in May, will operate indoors throughout the summer months and when the weather cools, it will evolve into a bigger market ...

Sundrop Farms’ $150m-plus, 20ha Port Augusta greenhouse complex, to produce hundreds of jobs - AdelaideNow ...
HUNDREDS of jobs will be created under a $150 million-plus plan by innovative horticultural company Sundrop Farms to establish a 20ha commercial ...