delphi 2010 memory not released when closing delphi project

each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and the browsing for file becoming slow

any idea ?

Pierre

Pierre Auger wrote:

> each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not
> release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and
> the browsing for file becoming slow
>
> any idea ?

You are using some 3rd-party components that do not properly release
memory in their design-time packages would be my guess. A design-time
package stays loaded until the IDE is closed. If a project using such a
3rd-party component is closed and the open designers are destroyed the
components placed on the designers are destroyed as well, but the
package may keep additional data created for them around, if it is not
written correctly.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

> each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not release after
> closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and the browsing for file becoming slow

As Peter guessed, Did you used third party component? or maybe you create component by
your self? If yes, maybe what was peter said it true, you can contact your vendor to ensure about
this issue.

I also have experience like it. My delphi application consumed the memory until more than 230MB.
My habit is close the it and open it again. My computer has high spec, so when I re-open the
Delphi application does not make me boring to wait for loading.

> any idea ?

IMO, let you re-open it.

regards,

--
Eko Indriyawan
www.ekoindri.com

i did the same test on same kind of pc and the memory is release

Thanks

> {quote:title=Eko Indriyawan wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Pierre,
>
> > each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not release after
> > closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and the browsing for file becoming slow
>
> As Peter guessed, Did you used third party component? or maybe you create component by
> your self? If yes, maybe what was peter said it true, you can contact your vendor to ensure about
> this issue.
>
> I also have experience like it. My delphi application consumed the memory until more than 230MB.
> My habit is close the it and open it again. My computer has high spec, so when I re-open the
> Delphi application does not make me boring to wait for loading.
>
> > any idea ?
>
> IMO, let you re-open it.
>
> regards,
>

> --
> Eko Indriyawan
> www.ekoindri.com
> Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be realized with possible way
0
Pierre
7/29/2010 5:57:30 PM
Hi Pierre,

> i did the same test on same kind of pc and the memory is release

How about the same PC, did the memory was released? If yes, maybe this
is as a bug of the Delphi 2010. Actually, after using Delphi2010 without any
update, I often got the conflict. Every time it occured, I just re-open my Delphi
application.

I think D2007 is more stable than D2010. And I hope for the next version of
Delphi will comes more stable than D2010.

Any way, I prefer to use D2010 than previous version.

regards,

--
Eko Indriyawan
www.ekoindri.com
Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be realized with possible way
0
Eko
7/29/2010 11:35:22 PM
Hi
have a bunch of machine same model same software installed and the problem is occuring only on this machine.

i alreadytry to update the software but same issue

and closing the delphi each time is not a solution

they runing the project in debug mode and re compiling the project and retry and then becomming slow because the memory is not release

Thanks

> {quote:title=Eko Indriyawan wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Pierre,
>
> > i did the same test on same kind of pc and the memory is release
>
> How about the same PC, did the memory was released? If yes, maybe this
> is as a bug of the Delphi 2010. Actually, after using Delphi2010 without any
> update, I often got the conflict. Every time it occured, I just re-open my Delphi
> application.
>
> I think D2007 is more stable than D2010. And I hope for the next version of
> Delphi will comes more stable than D2010.
>
> Any way, I prefer to use D2010 than previous version.
>
> regards,
>

> --
> Eko Indriyawan
> www.ekoindri.com
> Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be realized with possible way
0
Pierre
7/30/2010 2:08:31 PM
Pierre Auger wrote:

> Hi
> have a bunch of machine same model same software installed and the
> problem is occuring only on this machine.

Then you don't have the same software installed, you only think you
have <g>. This kind of pattern usually indicates that the PC that is
acting differently than all the others is running something the others
don't have. In your case I would suspect something that injects code
into other processes, e. g. some malware, or a virus scanner (sometimes
there seems to be little difference between the two from the user's
point of view <g>), or a system driver for some hardware (e. g.
Logitech webcams have acquired some reputation in this area).

Compare the process list from task manager on the machine with the
problem with another without the problem.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 2010: AV when switching from Default to debug layout and when closing Delphi
Hello, I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default to the Debug Layout (e.g. when starting the application) or when closing Delphi 2010. I have a bunch of Addins (Modelmaker Code Explorer, EurekaLog, DDevExtensions, JCL, etc...), components installed. Any ideas/tools to possibly track down where the culprit is? Possibly simply an addin in combination with docked windows etc. Thanks, Thomas > {quote:title=Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:}{quote} > I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default > to the Debug Layout (...

Delphi 2010 can't upgrade Delphi 2007 projects
If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it. Unfortunately, that leaves Delphi 2010 to give errors about not knowing where to find system and other core units. On the other hand, if I delete all the BDS project files and only leave the .dpr, Delphi 2010 can successfully open and compile my project. However, besides that quirk, I have another problem. I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :) So... Any ideas to what m...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Web resources about - delphi 2010 memory not released when closing delphi project - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Paper Aircraft Released Into Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at a location about 120 miles west of Madrid, Spain, a team of British space enthusiasts. On 13 September 2014, a group of cadets from Fox Valley ...

Firefox 17 Released, Complete With Social API, Facebook Messenger
The new Social API from Firefox is out of beta, as Mozilla released Firefox 17 , complete with the application-programming interface’s integration ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

Facebook suggests upcoming events and recently released albums in News Feed
Some Facebook users are seeing stories about upcoming events and recently released albums in their News Feeds, we’ve found. The new stories ...

WSJ: ‘Research in Motion Says Its New BlackBerry 10 Smartphone Won’t Be Released Until First-Quarter ...
What’s the over/under that RIM is still an independent company in Q1 2013?

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Baby mouse is all grown up and released back to the wild! - YouTube
This young mouse was hand reared at HART Wildlife Rescue. Here he is being released back to the wild and he can't quite believe it!

Hunger-striking US exec released from Dubai jail on Dh5m bail
Hunger striker Zack Shahin, the former Deyaar chief executive charged with misusing his powers and approving bids in return for millions, was ...

Obama’s Spotify playlist: President’s favourite Christmas songs released
EVER wonder what music gets President Barack Obama in the Christmas mood? Sign in to Spotify to find out.

Year In Review: Everything Apple released across 2015
... better made a year later as most new products in 2014 were once again kept for the fall, but 2015 has been one where Apple has truly released ...