Delphi 2010 Help file behaviour

I am having some issues with the help system for Delphi 2010. If I try to get context help for something e.g. if I put the cursor on TImage and hit F1  I get a topic that is not related at all to TImage. Or if I try to look up something like a dynamic array I get a Visual Basic topic. It's gotten to the point where if I need help on a VCL component I try the Delphi 5 help first. Is anyone having issues like this or is it just me? This is a fresh install of 2010 with all available updates applied. Thanks.

0
chris

> {quote:title=chris harvey wrote:}{quote}
> I am having some issues with the help system for Delphi 2010. If I try to get context help for something e.g. if I put the cursor on TImage and hit F1  I get a topic that is not related at all to TImage. Or if I try to look up something like a dynamic array I get a Visual Basic topic. It's gotten to the point where if I need help on a VCL component I try the Delphi 5 help first. Is anyone having issues like this or is it just me? This is a fresh install of 2010 with all available updates applied. Thanks
.

There is an entire forum related to documentation issues (https://forums.embarcadero.com/forum.jspa?forumID=60) ; you might be better off posting your question there.

FWIW, I don't have that issue at all. I just started Delphi 2010, used File|New|VCL Forms Application, dropped a TImage on the form, and pressed F1. The help file (after a 2-3 second delay, of course) opened to the topic "ExtCtrls.TImage" (ms-help://embarcadero.rs2010/vcl/ExtCtrls.TImage.html to be exact). Are you sure you have the latest help updates? (They're separate from the Delphi updates.)

The VB help comes from the Windows SDK. You can filter out many of those using the "Filtered by:" combobox (although some stuff still shows up).

Edited by: Ken White on Dec 9, 2009 3:55 PM
0
Ken
12/9/2009 8:55:27 PM
There is a post here http://www.delphifeeds.com/go/s/63403

Just remove the Microsoft stuff on the help.

Edited by: Ronaldo Santana on Dec 10, 2009 5:32 PM
0
Ronaldo

How to add new Help file to Delphi 2010 IDE under Menu item "Help"
I have a new component "RichView" and it has a help file. How do I add this help file to the Delphi Help Menu ? Thanks in Advance Richard Answered here.... https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=35053&tstart=0 ...

How to add new Help file to Delphi 2010 IDE under Menu item "Help" #2
I have a new component "RichView" and it has a help file. How do I add this help file to the Delphi Help Menu ? Thanks in Advance Richard It seems there is no easy solution according to this thread... https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=33232&tstart=0 I shall do some more searching first, before closing this thread. My MOTTO is never say never ! Hello Richard, Richard Caruana wrote: > It seems there is no easy solution according to this thread... > https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=33232&tstart=0 The compone...

Help with Delphi IDE Help
I'm using D2007, and avoid using the Help for two reasons: 1) it takes FOREVER for the help system to come up; I can perform a web search and have the answer before the Help system has even loaded; and 2) there is a huge amount of information in the Help system that is irrelevant to Delphi. I know that one can filter out the non-Delphi information, but sometimes too much is filtered out. In Delphi 7, the Help came up quickly, and was reasonably useful. Is the D2007 Help system really that bad, or am I missing something here? jon bondy wrote: > I'm using D2007, and av...

Delphi 2010 Help Update and Delphi Updates 4 & 5
I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the latest help update. How do I update help? > {quote:title=Bill Miller wrote:}{quote} > I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update > that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the > latest help update. How do I update help? The last help update for Delphi/C++ Builder 2010 was Help Update 1, released around the first of November 2009. It's available on the Embarcad...

I need help:File CodeGear.Delphi.Targets dammaged in Delphi X2
Hello My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targets was dammaged. Delphi open but I can not compile anything. other files recovered but Windows Backup Center does no save this filetype .Targets (pay attention!) Can someone send my privatelly this file or say me where I can download it. It's Delphi X2 update 4 I tried delphi X2 repair but it gives me error Thank you. Joan Galí GTV Barcelona-Europe Solved reinstalling Delphi. El 30/06/2014 13:51, Joan Gali ha escrit: > Hello > My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targe...

I need help:File CodeGear.Delphi.Targets dammaged in Delphi X2
Hello My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targets was dammaged. Delphi open but I can not compile anything. other files recovered but Windows Backup Center does no save this filetype .Targets (pay attention!) Can someone send my privatelly this file or say me where I can download it. It's Delphi X2 update 4 I tried delphi X2 repair but it gives me error Thank you. Joan Galí GTV Barcelona-Europe Solved reinstalling Delphi. El 30/06/2014 13:51, Joan Gali ha escrit: > Hello > My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targets...

Help Delphi 2010 IDE
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_3d58a.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" See delphi.documentation thread with same subject. -- Cesar Romero http://www.cesarromero.com.br --JivePart=_3d58a.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="Delphi2010HelpError.png" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Delphi2010HelpError.png" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAcEAAAEuCAIAA...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Messy Help Conversion: Delphi 5-->Delphi 2010 + Winhelp-->HTMLHelp
Hoping someone can give me guidance on this Help problem... I am a tech writer (not a programmer). We have an old Windows App that was created in Delphi 5. The app used Winhelp, which was authored in RoboHelp for Word. The help included context sensitive topics using mapping IDs. So now we have upgraded to Delphi 2010. And I have converted to Microsoft HTMLHelp, using RoboHelp. That is, instead of an .HLP file, we now have a .CHM file. What do the developer's need to reconfigure in Delphi? They have been able to get the new .CHM file to open with the app, but the help windo...

Delphi 2010 IDE can not open file or project (no reponse)
Hi there I have a strange problem with my Delphi 2010. I can not Open File or Open Projects. when pressing this buttons there is no response from delphi. (but i can open new project r file and i also can open the project from favorite list) Thanks Roni ...

Delphi 2010 IDE throws error on "find" and "find in files"
I will greatly appreciate any advice how to cure the suddenly appeared misbehaviour: I just loaded the main project file and then tried to find code snippets fore re-use with "find" and "find in files" the Eurekalog extract is: 2.2 Address : 20EB30B6 2.3 Module Name : vclide140.bpl - (Integrated Development Environment Specific Components) 2.4 Module Version: 14.0.3593.25826 2.5 Type : EOutOfResources 2.6 Message : Unable to insert a line. 2.7 ID : 61FB 2.8 Count : 1 2.9 Status ...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 Help file behaviour - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Anti-social behaviour order - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Asbo" redirects here. For places in Skåne, Sweden, see Åsbo . The orders restrict behaviour in some way, by prohibiting a return to a certain ...

Herd behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Herd behavior describes how individuals in a group can act together without planned direction. The term pertains to the behavior of animals in ...

Statement of Disaffiliation from the GUU regarding failure to properly address Misogynistic behaviour ...
... of Resistance hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Statement of Disaffiliation from the GUU regarding failure to properly address Misogynistic behaviour ...

Atomistic simulation of stick-slip behaviour - YouTube
Nanotribology studies friction phenomena at the atomistic scale One goal is to find out, if friction can be reduced to zero. The movie shows ...

Abu Dhabi visitors to get behaviour guide
Take our poll: Advice on UAE dress code, drinking alcohol and avoiding drugs are among the topics covered by a booklet from Abu Dhabi Tourism ...

Chinese tourists depicted as urinating pandas in PSA to encourage better behaviour abroad
China’s state television broadcaster CCTV has launched a public service announcement to encourage Chinese citizens to be better behaved abroad. ...

Mike Baird's election a lesson in good behaviour
There was no Labor Party-style nail-tearing brawling, no leaks and backbench stalking. As leadership changes go, it was polite and well-mannered. ...

'Your tears turn me on': husband who demanded oral sex placed on good behaviour order
A man who pinned his wife down and pulled her by the hair as he demanded oral sex during a violent hour-long ordeal has been handed a suspended ...

Rowan Atkinson divorced in 65 seconds on grounds of his ‘unreasonable behaviour’ - The Courier-Mail Search ...
... to make your morning coffee and toast, the estranged wife of Rowan Atkinson has been granted divorce on the grounds of his ‘unreasonable behaviour.’ ...

Katie Holmes sorry for Scientology behaviour
KATIE Holmes has apologised to actress Leah Remini for what happened at her Scientology wedding to Tom Cruise as new explosive details were ...