Delphi 2010 can't upgrade Delphi 2007 projects

If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it. Unfortunately, that leaves Delphi 2010 to give errors about not knowing where to find system and other core units. On the other hand, if I delete all the BDS project files and only leave the .dpr, Delphi 2010 can successfully open and compile my project.

However, besides that quirk, I have another problem. I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :)

So... Any ideas to what might be the cause of the problem? And how do you ensure you can compile using both development environments?
Can I move the BDS specifc project files to own directories (one for D2007 and one for D2010?) Or should I rename the D2007 BDS project files myself? And then let D2010 open the .dpr file? I'm thinking that might work, I will just need to "touchup" the Delphi 2007 BDS projects files then with correct file name info.
0
Thomas

> {quote:title=Thomas Schulz wrote:}{quote}
> If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it. Unfortunately, that leaves Delphi 2010 to give errors about not knowing where to find system and other core units. On the other hand, if I delete all the BDS project files and only leave the .dpr, Delphi 2010 can successfully open and compile my project.
>
> However, besides that quirk, I have another problem. I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :)
>
> So... Any ideas to what might be the cause of the problem? And how do you ensure you can compile using both development environments?
> Can I move the BDS specifc project files to own directories (one for D2007 and one for D2010?) Or should I rename the D2007 BDS project files myself? And then let D2010 open the .dpr file? I'm thinking that might work, I will just need to "touchup" the Delphi 2007 BDS projects files then with correct file name info.

I don't kno wabout d2007, but I have D7 and now d2010. I have copied my projects to a folder just for d2010 so the D7 source etc is still the same. This has been useful because one project doesn't give the same results when compiled in d2010 as in D7 and untill I can work out how to fix it I am still compiling and updating the D7 version. If I had tried changing the source for d7 with d2010 I would have ended up not being able to get a working result with either unless I restored backups.
0
Martin
5/14/2010 11:00:27 PM
> {quote:title=Thomas Schulz wrote:}{quote}
> If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it.

The popular advice through the years has always been to NEVER rely on that feature.  It has never worked reliably, in any version.  ALWAYS create a new project fresh and add your existing source files to it as needed.

> I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using
> both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :)

All the more reason to create a separate 2010 project, and just have the two share source files (you have to be careful about 2010 adding new properties to your DFMs that 2007 will error on, though).

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Delphi 2010
Hello, suddenly, I can't open any projects/units etc. in Delphi 2010 anymore. While I can open favourite projects, opening something from the file system, e.g. an existing project or adding an existing unit to an open project etc. ends up in showing an hour-glass cursor. Anybody seen this before? I'm using Windows 7 Prof., Delphi 2010 Prof. all updates applied. Thanks, Thomas > suddenly, I can't open any projects/units etc. in Delphi 2010 anymore. > > While I can open favourite projects, opening something from the file > system, e.g. an existi...

Delphi 6 to Delphi XE2: can't find required package.
We have a Delphi 6 Project Group that we like to work on in Delphi XE2. When trying to build the project, we get the DCC Fatal Error E2202: Required package 'cds' not found. With Delphi 6 we've used the following tools: - JVCL340 & JCL221 - devExpress QuantumGrid 6 - QuickReport (default in Delphi 6) - Visoco Sybase Driver, Devart Oracle en MSSQL drivers With Delphi XE2 (update 3 installed) we're using the following tools and settings for now (after removing Delphi 6 in an attempt to make it work) : - JVCL345 & JCL231 (http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/) - devExpr...

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

delphi.Net Delphi 2005 Project Upgrades?
Our company aquired the software property from another last year. Most of the projects were written in Delphi 2007. We purchased Delphi XE which gave us access to previous versions, including D 2007... all is well. However, 3 projects were written Delphi 2005 for .Net. The VM we received from this company included D2005 but it was licensed from the previous developer. I've contacted Embarcadero about obtaining a copy and or a license+registration for Delphi 2005 and was told this product is no longer available. I'm under the impression Delphi for .Net was abandoned. My qu...

Delphi (2007 ...XE2) WSDL importer can't "unwrap" WSDL's from Remobjects
Hello all, I'm having a lot of problems importing WSDL's from SOAP services created by Remobjects SDK. The Delphi WSDL importer can't "unwrap" the parameter types, I get errors like: "Cannot unwrap: - Input element wrapper name does not match operation's name - More than one strictly out element was found" RemObject's own service builder can unwrap the parameters, only Delphi's importer can't. I attach an example here, can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? Kind regards, Arthur -------------------------------------...

Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise
Hi, Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-( Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US? (40% off....) I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ? Best regards Nils Unfortunately Embarcadero has changed the upgrading rules since February 1st. You can see it at http://www.embarcadero.com/upgrade...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

delphi 2010 memory not released when closing delphi project
each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and the browsing for file becoming slow any idea ? Thanks Pierre Auger wrote: > each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not > release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and > the browsing for file becoming slow > > any idea ? You are using some 3rd-party components that do not properly release memory in their design-time packages would be my guess. A design-time package stays l...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Can I update my Delphi 2007 lincense to Delphi 2009?
Hi all!! I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. Are there any reason for that? Can I update my version of Delphi? > {quote:title=Oscar Estevez wrote:}{quote} > Hi all!! > > I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. > Are there any reason for that? > > Can I update my version of Delphi? ...

Project Manager Delphi 2007 vs Delphi 5
I am in the midst of moving from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007. I have a .BAT file that I use to do some post processing on the executable after it is built. In Delphi 5, I just added the .BAT file to the project manager. Then when I wanted to execute the .BAT file I just right clicked its entry in the project manager and selected Execute. There doesn't seem to be anyway to add the .BAT file to the project manager in Delphi 2007. How can I set up something similar to what I had in Delphi 5? I thought about using a Post Build event but I don't necessarily want to execute the .BAT fi...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 can't upgrade Delphi 2007 projects - embarcadero.delphi.ide