Delphi 2010: AV when switching from Default to debug layout and when closing Delphi

Hello,

I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default
to the Debug Layout (e.g. when starting the application) or when closing
Delphi 2010.

I have a bunch of Addins (Modelmaker Code Explorer, EurekaLog,
DDevExtensions, JCL, etc...), components installed.

Any ideas/tools to possibly track down where the culprit is? Possibly
simply an addin in combination with docked windows etc.

Thanks,
Thomas
1
Thomas

> {quote:title=Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:}{quote}
> I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default
> to the Debug Layout (e.g. when starting the application) or when closing
> Delphi 2010.

"Strange AVs" doesn't give anyone much to go on.

Can you provide more specifics, like the *exact* error message with any memory addresses? Otherwise, people are just guessing.

For my guess, based on the total lack of information, I'd suspect you have a conflict with either a third party IDE package or component library. The way to track that down (again, with no other information to go on) is to either install them all, make sure the problem is gone, and then reinstall them one at a time until the problem comes back. The other alternative is to start UNinstalling them one at a time until the problem goes away, and then add them back one at a time (in a different order than they
 were uninstalled) until the problem reappears.
-1
Ken
10/15/2010 1:10:09 PM
>> {quote:title=Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:}{quote}
>> I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default
>> to the Debug Layout (e.g. when starting the application) or when closing
>> Delphi 2010.
>
> "Strange AVs" doesn't give anyone much to go on.

Right. Sorry!

> Can you provide more specifics, like the *exact* error message with any memory addresses? Otherwise, people are just guessing.

The exact error message is:

Access violation at address 5000A138 in module 'rtl140.bpl'. Read of
address 18F38FE8.

> For my guess, based on the total lack of information, I'd suspect you have a conflict with either a third party IDE package or component library. The way to track that down (again, with no other information to go on) is to either install them all, make sure the problem is gone, and then reinstall them one at a time until the problem comes back. The other alternative is to start UNinstalling them one at a time until the problem goes away, and then add them back one at a time (in a different order than th
ey
>  were uninstalled) until the problem reappears.

Currently doing that.

Thanks,
Thomas
-1
Thomas
10/15/2010 6:30:23 PM
>> {quote:title=Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:}{quote}
>> I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default
>> to the Debug Layout (e.g. when starting the application) or when closing
>> Delphi 2010.
>
> "Strange AVs" doesn't give anyone much to go on.
>
> Can you provide more specifics, like the *exact* error message with any memory addresses? Otherwise, people are just guessing.
>
> For my guess, based on the total lack of information, I'd suspect you have a conflict with either a third party IDE package or component library. The way to track that down (again, with no other information to go on) is to either install them all, make sure the problem is gone, and then reinstall them one at a time until the problem comes back. The other alternative is to start UNinstalling them one at a time until the problem goes away, and then add them back one at a time (in a different order than th
ey
>  were uninstalled) until the problem reappears.

Btw. Everytime a start Delphi 2010, I see in the messages pane the
following text:

Error executing
'C:\ProgramData\{2D559015-4C05-4AE5-8C8B-7E13E1EAB09D}\Setup.exe': The
window does not have scroll bars

Regards,
Thomas
1
Thomas
10/15/2010 6:47:05 PM
Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:

> Btw. Everytime a start Delphi 2010, I see in the messages pane the
> following text:
>
> Error executing
> 'C:\ProgramData\{2D559015-4C05-4AE5-8C8B-7E13E1EAB09D}\Setup.exe':
> The window does not have scroll bars

You can ignore it, it is the AutoUpdateCheck failing because it doesn't
have enough right to execute.

If you really don't like you can run DisableIDEUpdateCheck.reg from the
\Bin directory to switch of the check for updates.

--
Pieter

"Hell is paved with good samaritans." -- William M. Holden
1
Pieter

delphi 2010 memory not released when closing delphi project
each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and the browsing for file becoming slow any idea ? Thanks Pierre Auger wrote: > each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not > release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and > the browsing for file becoming slow > > any idea ? You are using some 3rd-party components that do not properly release memory in their design-time packages would be my guess. A design-time package stays l...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010: AV when switching from Default to debug layout and when closing Delphi - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Party switching in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States politics, party switching is any change in party affiliation of a partisan public figure, usually one who is currently holding ...

Vevo doubles registered user count since switching to Facebook-only login; CEO hints at further integration ...
Music video service Vevo has doubled its total registered users as a result of switching to Facebook-only login and adding more personalized ...

Twitter Blog: Switching to OAuth
Twitter Blog Switching to OAuth 7780065524482288942 Friday, June 11, 2010 The majority of Tweets are sent or read on applications built by the ...

Switching from the Chicago Card to Ventra - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Transferring value from my Chicago Card to Ventra, during which they confiscated the card. Odd.

Switching, Shifting and 'Secret Switching' For Clear Eyesight at All Distances - YouTube
Method to help people improve their eyesight, often quickly. Created for our Community GuestPage. (Do this without eyeglasses; no glasses, no ...

James Segeyaro switching allegiances to boost Queensland selection chances
Penrith hooker James Segeyaro is planning to change his nation of allegiance in order to be eligible for Queensland selection.

DataRoom AM: Switching off Ten
Foxtel has reportedly abandoned plans for a joint bid for Ten Network, while Bendigo and Adelaide Bank is in no rush to pursue any major mergers. ...

GPs oppose insurers covering cost of visits for fear of switching
Doctors have expressed concern that proposals to allow private insurers to pay for GP visits might encourage people to change doctors, undermining ...

How to avoid legal hassles when switching cloud vendors
Barry Porozni recently discovered a critical omission in a company contract with a software-as-a-service vendor: There was no clause to cover ...

Sorry, But The Magnetic Poles Switching Places Won't Create Planetary Superstorms
The latest crazy doomsday theory is upon us, and unlike the two suns story, there isn’t even really a grain of truth behind this one. This new ...