About TFDQuery as TClienteDataSet

Hi Fellas:

I have a question about TFDQuery.

I have an SQL like this

"Select MyColumn, MyAnotherColumn, 0 as MyBooleanColumn...from MyTable"

Note "0 as MyBooleanColumn" expression.

That column is in a TDbGrid, with a checkbox.

When the user navigates the row and select the record -using the Space
bar in the grid- the checkbox is checked, using this

  MyQuery.Edit;
  if fxSomeConditionPayments Then
     MyQuery.FieldByname('MyBooleanColumn').AsInteger := 1
  else
     MyQuery.FieldByname('MyBooleanColumn').AsInteger := 0
  MyQuery.Post;

The grid shows the checkbox according the condition. But I get the error
"Column not found" at "MyQuery.Post"

If the TFDQuery is a TClientDataset all this works ok.

Is there a way to use the TFDQuery as a TClientDataset -without using a
TClientDataSet-? Some property that means "give me the records and I
will have the records locally to manipulate them as I wish...

Regards

Pablo Romero
Cordoba, Argentina
0
Pablo
1/15/2015 8:33:52 PM
embarcadero.delphi.firedac 822 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Probably you need to set FDQuery.CachedUpdates to True.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDAC for Delphi 2007 ?
Hello, I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. Thanks, Regards, Emmanuel Lion FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE4/XE3, see: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42970 M. E.L. wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack > can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. > > Thanks, > Regards, > > Emmanuel Lion > On 02.10.2013 18:17, quinn wildman wrote: > FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No > FireDAC Client/Server Pack ...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

[...]

Firedac TFDQuery CloneCursor Problem
Hi, I have a 2 TFDQuery component. FDQuery1 is connected to MSSQL server. And FDQuery1.SQL.Text := 'SELECT * FROM TABLE'; And I Open FDQuery1 without problem. and I have FDQuery2 component too. I need to to clonecursor to FDQuery1. FDQuery2.CloneCursor(FDQuery1); and i get a exception that command text must not be empty. I know FDQuery2 dont have a sql command. because i need to clone to FDQuery1. Why i get this error? Best Regards Thanks for your answer. Yes i know that. I did test with memtable. And there is no problem with memtable. But i need clonecursor...

FireDac in Delphi XE5 Pro
Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they are installed on the same PC. Pete K FireDAC does SQLite w/ encryption on Windows. Peter Kane wrote: > Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any > useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer > an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they > are installed on the same PC. > > Pete...

FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4
Hi, Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? Thanks, Luk Luk Smolders wrote: >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where >can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? I got mine from https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29369 Cheers, Nick -- Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373 > {quote:title=Nicholas Ring wrote:}{quote} > Luk Smolders wrote: > > >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where > >can I download FireDAC for Delp...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Firedac for Delphi XE Pro
Will the XE4 Client Server Pack for FireDac work properly with Delphi XE Professional? Will that provide the full Firedac functionality or is it limited? Is it dependent on functionality in the Enterprise product which is not in the Professional? And finally, will I have the license rights to market and sell the application I create? I understand it does not require dbexpress which has certain restrictions, correct? I would like to be able to evaluate it in an XE environment without upgrading everything just to try and work with it. Patrick Moloney wrote: > Will the XE4 Client Serve...

FireDAC XE5 with Delphi XE
I have Delphi Enterprise XE5 and XE, and use both for various projects. Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I believe) with Delphi Enterprise XE? If so, how do I obtain the standalone FireDAC XE5 installer? I have an active RAD Studio Enterprise software assurance plan. I've looked for FireDAC XE5 in my registered users download section, but I can't find anything for FireDAC XE5. I can only find downloads for FireDAC XE4. Regards, -Kevin Hello Kevin > Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I > believe) wi...

FireDac Delphi XE3 installation problem
Hi all, I have just purchased the FireDAC package and try to install the package. I tried to install AnyDAC_D7.bpg package to XE3 and I got this error message. Required package 'designdgm' not found. Can someone assist me about the problem? Thanks. > {quote:title=Cem Zafer Demirsoy wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > I have just purchased the FireDAC package and try to install the package. I tried to install AnyDAC_D7.bpg package to XE3 and I got this error message. > Required package 'designdgm' not found. > Can someone assist me about the problem? > Thanks...

Web resources about - About TFDQuery as TClienteDataSet - embarcadero.delphi.firedac