Delphi 2009: missing View | Delphi Class Explorer

As far as I know, I'm supposed to have a menu item View | Delphi Class
Explorer in Delphi 2009 Pro. But I cannot find it. I don't even see it
as an option in the menu Customize commands. All available features were
selected when Delphi was installed.

What have I done to lose the Class Explorer?

Steve Troxell
0
Steve

> {quote:title=Steve Troxell wrote:}{quote}
> As far as I know, I'm supposed to have a menu item View | Delphi Class
> Explorer in Delphi 2009 Pro. But I cannot find it. I don't even see it
> as an option in the menu Customize commands. All available features were
> selected when Delphi was installed.

Apparently, you know wrong. <g> I don't have (and don't recall ever having) anything on the View menu with the word "Delphi" in it, and I don't have anything called a Class Explorer in either D2007 or D2009 (RAD Studio Pro in both cases).

Delphi 7's IDE has a View|Browser selection that displays a dialog captioned "Exploring Classes"; perhaps that's what you remember?

GExperts offers a Class Browser as part of it's IDE wizardry. If you're not using it, you have no idea what you're missing. :-)
0
Ken
7/24/2009 1:18:09 PM
Hello,

Ken White wrote:

> Apparently, you know wrong. <g> I don't have (and don't recall ever
> having) anything on the View menu with the word "Delphi" in it, and I
> don't have anything called a Class Explorer in either D2007 or D2009
> (RAD Studio Pro in both cases).

I can see it in Delphi 2009. It shows up when I create a new VCL Forms
application and switch to the "Code" tab.

--
Moritz

"Hey, it compiles! Ship it!"
0
Moritz
7/24/2009 1:27:38 PM
Ken White wrote:
> Apparently, you know wrong. <g> I don't have (and don't recall ever having) anything on the View menu with the word "Delphi" in it, and I don't have anything called a Class Explorer in either D2007 or D2009 (RAD Studio Pro in both cases).

Delphi Class Explorer is a new feature of Delphi 2009. All the
references and Embarcadero product literature I have found so far refer
to the "View | Delphi Class Explorer" menu item. For example, see here:

http://www.codegear.com/article/37818/images/37818/A_Tour_of_Delphi_2009.pdf

on page 16, first sentence under "The Delphi Class Explorer".

For another example, see here:

https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?messageID=87438&tstart=0

"In Delphi 2009 I can see View->Delphi Class Explorer"

 >GExperts offers a Class Browser as part of it's IDE wizardry.

I have GExperts. I tend to rely on ModelMaker Code Explorer for class
browsing though. However, I am trying to compare the new native
capabilities of D2009 with these add-ons.

Steve Troxell
0
Steve
7/24/2009 1:49:40 PM
Moritz Beutel <Moritz Beutel wrote:
> I can see it in Delphi 2009. It shows up when I create a new VCL Forms
> application and switch to the "Code" tab.

I don't get it even then. I believe Delphi Class Explorer is dependent
on Together modelling and I am starting to wonder if I have something
screwed up there.

Steve Troxell
0
Steve
7/24/2009 2:25:53 PM
> {quote:title=Steve Troxell wrote:}{quote}
> Delphi Class Explorer is a new feature of Delphi 2009. All the
> references and Embarcadero product literature I have found so far refer
> to the "View | Delphi Class Explorer" menu item. For example, see here:
>
> http://www.codegear.com/article/37818/images/37818/A_Tour_of_Delphi_2009.pdf

I'm glad I made sure to include the <g> in my last post!

Thanks for the update, Steve. I hadn't seen either the Class Explorer or the PDF; I guess I didn't follow the same steps as Moritz did.
0
Ken

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?
Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same computer or will they interfer with each other? I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) when installing 2009? Lorne Anderson wrote: > Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same > computer or will they interfer with each other? > > I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) > when installing 2009? It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first. As for folders, the root folde...

Web resources about - Delphi 2009: missing View | Delphi Class Explorer - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Explorers on the Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Explorers on the Moon ( French : On a marché sur la Lune ) is the seventeenth of The Adventures of Tintin , the series of comic albums written ...

Explorer of the Seas: Australia's largest cruise ship arrives in Fremantle
The biggest cruise ship yet to based in Australia has arrived.

How to use File Explorer as a run box in Windows 10
... and type whatever you’re looking for, then select the item to launch it. There is another way to do this though, and that’s through File Explorer. ...

Snapchat's new 'Story Explorer' feature lets users swipe through photos to experience events from every ...
A new Snapchat feature called ‘ Story Explorer ’ lets users dive further into Stories and view related snaps that were taken at the same location. ...

Hearthstone League Of Explorers Is The Next Single-Player Expansion
During the opening ceremony for BlizzCon 2015, Blizzard revealed the next expansion pack coming to Hearthstone . League of Explorers is a brand-new ...

Tom Wheeler Set To Script Live Action ‘Dora The Explorer’ And ‘Micronauts’ At Paramount
... with DreamWorks Animation, other studios are pouncing. Wheeler has been set by Paramount to write a live action adaptation of Dora the Explorer ...

Review: Renowned Explorers: International Society
I'm glad I stuck Renowned Explorers out. For the first couple hours it was kind of a slog. Not exactly bad, but dense, unwieldy, and unexciting. ...

Snapchat Debuts Story Explorer, A More Detailed Approach To Live Events Coverage
Story Explorer, a Snapchat feature that makes it easier to navigate news updates in Live Stories, borrows DNA from Twitter and Periscope. Snapchat ...

Arctic Oil Drilling Is Off So Explorers Head Towards The Antarctic
Drilling for oil in arctic waters off Alaska has been been banned by the U.S. Government but in the chilly waters off southern Australia, where ...

Snapchat rethinks content discovery with Story Explorer
A new Snapchat feature called Story Explorer will allow people in New York and Los Angeles to view specific moments from perspectives shared ...