D2010 : How Delphi automatic fill the requires clause of a package?

Hi to everybody, I'm building a my own package with my new Delphi 2010.
I can't understand how Delphi fills automatically the requires clause.
I'm compiling the package and getting a lot of warnings about implicit
unit import (W1033) for the indy units. I can't understand why Deplhi
doesn't add automatically the right indy packages in the requires clause
as it does with others packages. I've to add them manually.

I've tried to remove all dcp from the requires clause but then I get the
error F1026 File not fount: ToolsApi.dcu. To avoid this error I've to
add manually the designide.dcp in the requires clause, then I recompile
and Delphi ask me to add a certain number of packages used by my
components. I do this but I still get warnings on Indy units because
Delphi doesn't add automatically IndyCore ecc. What about this behavior?
I'm doing something wrong? Creating the package as a new one I will
solve these problems?

Thank you

Davide Angeli
0
Davide

Il 17/12/2009 10:01, Davide Angeli ha scritto:
> I've tried to remove all dcp from the requires clause but then I get the
> error F1026 File not fount: ToolsApi.dcu. To avoid this error I've to
> add manually the designide.dcp in the requires clause, then I recompile
> and Delphi ask me to add a certain number of packages used by my
> components. I do this but I still get warnings on Indy units because
> Delphi doesn't add automatically IndyCore ecc. What about this behavior?
> I'm doing something wrong? Creating the package as a new one I will
> solve these problems?

The Indy problem is related to dclIndyCore.dcp missing in standard
Delphi 2010 professional installation.
0
Davide

Delphi 6 to Delphi XE2: can't find required package.
We have a Delphi 6 Project Group that we like to work on in Delphi XE2. When trying to build the project, we get the DCC Fatal Error E2202: Required package 'cds' not found. With Delphi 6 we've used the following tools: - JVCL340 & JCL221 - devExpress QuantumGrid 6 - QuickReport (default in Delphi 6) - Visoco Sybase Driver, Devart Oracle en MSSQL drivers With Delphi XE2 (update 3 installed) we're using the following tools and settings for now (after removing Delphi 6 in an attempt to make it work) : - JVCL345 & JCL231 (http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/) - devExpr...

package conversion from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2010
Hello, I am evaluating 2010 to convert a delphi 5 app up. My first task is to convert some custom control packages. My requires statment looks like this: requires vcl50, Vclx50, VclSmp50, Vcldb50, vcljpg50, What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is there documentation that I could look at to help with the conversion process? Thanks.. ...Joe.. joe alaimo wrote: > requires > vcl50, > Vclx50, > VclSmp50, > Vcldb50, > vcljpg50, 140 is the 2010 version. > > What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is t...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

vcljpg to vclimg, packages and Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2010 compatibility
Hello, everybody. I have a package A which has vcljpg in its "requires" clause. I have another several packages B, C, D, E, etc which has A in theirs "requires" clauses. All packages are both Delphi 2006 and Delphi 2010 compatible. The problem is that there is no vcljpg package in Delphi 2010 and in order to compile the whole bunch of packages I have to change vcljpg to vclimg and compile. Unfortunately it renders the whole set of packages incompilable under Delphi 2006. Is there a way to create an alias for vclimg or vcljpg in order to get the same code...

Delphi 2009 automatic bug reports appear as Delphi.NET issues
For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into the field for 'Project'. I will try to verify it and enter it in QC. Unfortunately this means I have to use the QC database for 'testing', but will delete my test entries if I have verified the problem. Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into > the field for 'Project'. AFAIK this is as expected. There is no project "RAD Studio" and so "Delphi.NET" has been choosen as proj...

Where do I find the component of a package in BDS2006(Delphi) IDE?
I have installed a graphics package (VTK) in BDS2006 C++ personality. It can be used in C++ projects, but now I am dealing with a Delphi project... When I start the Delphi32 personality and move to the Components->Install page I can see this package listed and checked and if I use the components button I see the TvtkBorlandRenderWindow component (this is the single component of this package). So far all is OK, but now I want to drop this component on a Delphi form but I cannot find it in the components list... According to the vtkBorlandRenderWindow.cpp file it should be regis...

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Web resources about - D2010 : How Delphi automatic fill the requires clause of a package? - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Semi-automatic pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A semi-automatic pistol is a type of handgun which uses a single chamber and barrel , with a mechanism powered by the previous shot to load a ...

Man found carrying fully automatic sub-machinegun in Marrickville: police
A man has been caught with a sub-machinegun in his bag in Sydney's inner west, police say.

You can now install popular automatic screen brightness app Flux on iPhone and iPad
... is now possible to install screen brightness app Flux (or f.lux). Flux adjusts screen brightness and color depending on the time of day automatically, ...

Facebook Testing Automatic Translation?
Facebook appears to be experimenting with automatic translation , including the extension of that functionality to calls to action . Reader ...

Chris Christie vetoes automatic voter registration for no good reason
Literally as I was writing this post explaining why automatic voter registration does not open the door for voter fraud, Chris Christie vetoed ...

'Alexa, where's my car?' Automatic syncs your vehicle with Amazon Echo
The connected car adapter is the latest product to craft an integration with Amazon's smart home speaker.

Chris Christie Vetoes Automatic Voter Registration Bill
... Monday that would have added 1.6 million new voters to the state’s rolls and made New Jersey the third state in the country to adopt automatic ...

Carry Guns: Semi-Automatic vs. Revolver
One is clearly better than the other! Argue which one.

New group will spend $10 million to promote Automatic Voter Registration
... the current paper-based registration process is outdated and inefficient. A simpler and more effective method of registration is Automatic ...

Sonos' automatic speaker tuning feature is available today
Sonos' new automatic tuning feature Trueplay is rolling out to the masses. The software addition adjusts the strength of various frequencies ...